We have recently returned from a 2 week holiday returning 12th July. We went with 2 other families so there was 12 of us altogether. 6 adults and 6 children ages from 8 to 13. Overall we had a great time - Weather was lovely, Puerto Pollensa stunning and hotel was ok however little changes could have made it better.
The hotel has 6 apartment blocks which are 3 stories high - we were located on the ground floor in block 6 next to the quiet pool in the select apartments. The apartment was nice and spacious with 1 bedroom with 2 single beds pushed together, a kitchenette with most utilities although there was no iron. The living area had a flat screen TV with BBC channels and the Disney channel that my 12 year old enjoyed. The couches are used as 2 further beds. The apartment for us was fine however I agree with other comments on here regarding an upgrade needed as we did see damp patches and mould in the bathroom. The beds are not exactly comfortable either however the shower was good with plenty of hot water. The patio doors led directly to the quiet pool surrounded by a grassy area which was lovely and where we spent most of our time. The main pool and the kids splash area looked lovely too although can't comment further as we spent little time there - it did look busy with lots of activities going on led by the reps. A football area was situated next to the quiet pool, our boys made good use of this throughout our holiday - it was free to use however required a 5 euro deposit. Table tennis and a games room also proved popular with our kids although some of it a rip off at 2 euros for a game of pool where in other hotels it's 1 euro. Evening entertainment aimed at younger kids and our kids were not interested - the reps looked like they tried however was not for us. It was brilliant that we arranged to go with 2 other families with kids all similar in age or my kids would have become very bored very quickly.
The hotel location is fine - it is a bit far out situated on a main road and directly across from a pebble beach which was great for fishing and our men enjoyed the walks into Puerto Pollensa. Bus service good so easy to get around.
The hotel is extremely safe - I was comfortable to give my kids the freedom they needed to go around the complex without mum and dad hanging around to close - any parent with young teenagers will understand that this is a difficult balance to give however this was not an issue here.
Food was ok - lunches not great, sometimes dinner was poor quality however there is plenty choice and there was always something that would suit us. Breakfast was ok too with all the usual stuff you would expect. I am not convinced however that the food is 4 star quality particularly if we compared it to other 4 star hotels we have holidayed on previous years. Drinks fine and ice cream available throughout the day but again a cheap option.
Some silly rules in place that we did not understand - only little cups given for juice during the day and you are not allowed to take dinner away however you can take lunch away. The Cleaners are not to wash your kitchen dishes, this did not bother me as I am capable of doing my own however, I would have expected a cloth, tea towel and detergent to be provided in an all inclusive room if this is not a service they provide.
Communication was not great - all the leaflets and info given in the rooms said different things, for example, timings of meals, opening times of the pools. We also did not know there was a kids area for dinner where there was pizza and burgers - we discovered this after our first week. However, I expect if you asked a member of staff they would be happy to let you know the correct version as the staff really are lovely.
No beach towels issued and to rent them is pretty expensive - last year at a 4 star hotel they were provided. No iron in room nor is there a laundrette on site. Clearer came 5 days out of 7 and most of the time the room was left spotless however a couple of days the bins were not emptied.
Overall we did have a fantastic time however I expect that has more to do with the company we had rather than the hotel itself. We would however have no problem going back or recommending it to others however for me it would have to be at a lot cheaper price as this holiday I feel was pretty expensive for what it was and is def not a 4 star in my humble opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aparthotel Club del Sol is located in an exceptional enclave north of the island of Majorca in the exclusive town of Puerto Pollensa in front of sea.It is a modern establishment opened in 2000, with sll necessary services to meet customer requirements.It’s comfortable and quiet to create an ideal framework for the accommodation of couples, families and groups.It consists of 6 buildings of maximum two levels, with air conditioned in public areas, large reception hall, buffet restaurant, bar cafeteria with a large terrace and stage for evening entertainment, conference room with capacity max. 60 people, game room, a snack bar, two swimming pools for adults and two children surrounded by fantastic gardens and terraces, playground, gym, 1 tennis football and minigolf.The Aparthotel has 169 modern and spacious rooms that are distributed as follows: 109 one-bedroom apartments for 3 / 4 persons and 60 studio rooms for 2 / 3 people, perfectly equipped for all our guests enjoy a pleasant and comfortable stay.All rooms have front or side sea view, terrace, satellite TV, fitted wardrobes, separate control air conditioning, heating, bathroom and hairdryer, direct dial telephone, safe and fully equipped kitchen with microwave, refrigerator, toaster and kettle.Through our team you will find useful information about car rental services, bikes, motorcycles, public transport schedules, sale of excursions, daily newspapers, currency exchange, and internet service.The resort offers a full program of entertainment day and night with a variety of activities and entertainment located in different environments. As outdoor activities in nearby towns to find: Sailing School 3 km, Golf Pollensa 6 km and Golf Aucanada 8 km. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelsClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotel.de, Ebookers and HRS so you can book your Aparthotel Club del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Club Del Sol Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Hotel Del Sol Aparthotel
- Del Sol Aparthotel Pollenca
- Aparthotel Club Del Sol Majorca/Port De Pollenca