“nother fantastic two weeks at this wonderfull place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Miramar

Hotel Miramar
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Port de Pollenca
pembrokeshire.
“nother fantastic two weeks at this wonderfull place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Just arrived home from the wonderfull Miramar hotel again , two weeks of luxury ,with the best staff in the business , The Hotel has been re rated to 4 star just this year , and to be honest its far better should be 5 , but hey don't take my word for it , go there. simply the best food , rooms , staff , service , clean , I cannot fault it in any way what so ever. Thankyou Joseph and your wonderfull staff.

Room Tip: All the rooms are just superb , we have been there 8 times now , would not go any where else.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank deano1403
Pollensa82, Gerente at Hotel Miramar, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear guest:

Thanks a lot for these amazing words!!!! Whatever you need let us know. Kind regrads

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

I have just returned from a very good week's stay at the Miramar with my elderly father. The hotel is a traditional building with lots of character and the resort pleasantly low-key ... perfect for an 81-yr old. We both had single rooms which, as expected, were small and overlooked the mountains at the rear of the building. As others have said, the place is kept very clean and the staff at reception, especially Marc, are friendly and efficient.

We ate at the hotel most evenings. The food was good and comparatively good value. Service here and for drinks was generally efficient. However, my main grumble is that some of the waiters were VERY gloomy and seemed to reserve their smiles for the return guests of which there were a lot! Sometimes if felt like you had to be in the 'Miramar Club' which can be off-putting for a first time visitor, and is something the management needs to address.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank itchyfeet2000
Pollensa82, Gerente at Hotel Miramar, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Dear guest:

Thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate your opinion but also we feel desolate for any bad perception you could have. We have guests that have been coming to our hotel since 30 years ago and for this reason they know very well our staff. Thanks again
Kilmacolm, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

I have recently returned from Puerto Pollensa having stayed at the Hotel Miramar for the 6th time since 2010. (last 2 weeks August 2013).

This is the first time I have stayed there since the Hotel achieved 4 stars and I have to say that nothing has changed apart from the fact that the room fridge is now free of charge.

I have to admit though that I still enjoy this Hotel and in fact I have already booked 2 weeks next year (September).

I believe that a few things need to be changed at the Hotel in order to merit the 4 star status as follows:-

1. Hot food on offer at breakfast time needs to be hot.
2. Pint of lager needs to be a pint and not three quarters (very annoying).
3. Juice on offer at breakfast needs to be fresh and not out a carton.
4. Let me have a coffee on the Sea Lounge please - no excuses for this.
5. Towels being placed on sun beds at 0700hrs and reserved all day whether they are used or not. (noticed 4 sun beds were reserved at 0700hrs and the first person to park their bum was at 1345hrs - not good especially when there is a notice on display " not to reserve sun beds unless they are to be used immediately". Do management police this?

On the positive side evening meals are very good (as long as the hot food is hot) for 23 euros per person (3 course plus water and a glass of wine each and 10% discount if you book for 7 days or more on the bounce). I also have to praise the standard of cleanliness throughout the hotel which is spotless at all times - well done to all the Maids - excellent work, I also like the fact that you have your bathroom towels changed every day if required.

I believe that the prices for this Hotel will rise from 2014 now that it has achieved 4 stars, however, I do not mind paying that little extra if the negative points I and others have raised.

Finally, I must say that I have always found the staff at the Miramar to be most pleasant and helpful at all times and I am quite sure the Management Team will read my comments along with the others and take them on board.

Please do not let my negative comments put you of this Hotel as on the whole it is absolutely wonderful and hopefully will merit the 4 star status going forward.

I will now take this opportunity to thank all the staff at the Miramar for a wonderful 2 weeks stay in August and look forward to spending another 2 weeks in September 2014.

Room Tip: Sea View is a must during the summer months - June, July and August.
5 Thank Robert24060712
Pollensa82, Gerente at Hotel Miramar, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Dear guest:

Thank you so much for your opinion. We appreciate a lot your feedback since we think that is the best way to improve our Hotel. We want take the occasion to inform to all our clients about the 2013 improvements:

- new free wiffi in all hotel rooms and public areas
- new flat tv´s
- new Smart tv system
- new room fourniture
- new room pictures
- bath screens
- new bar & restaurant fourniture
- improvements in our Sea Lounge
- new telephone system
- new room tv system with more of 80 channels

According to your feedback we want say:

- we appreciate a lot your opinion about our buffet. Have no doubt that we will work hard in order to solve this situation.
- Our pint of beers are 0,5 L
- We offer to our guests fesh orange juice as an extra
- The hotel Miramar sunbed service is situated in our Sea terrace and in the pool & spa area. We have 140 sunbeds and we communicate to our guest that it is absolutely prohibited reserve sunbeds. If sometime you have find this situation we appologize

Many thanks again and we hope to see you son. We have a lot of news for the 2014 season. Kind regards
Lillestrom, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We have just visited this hotel for the first time, although we have been to Port de Pollensa several times. We had requested a room with a big terrace, and were pleased to be given room number 406. Beautiful room, fantastic view! What disappointed us was the breakfasts. We thought the choices, especially of hot dishes and coffees were poor. Also, we were disappointed that we were not able to enjoy our breakfasts outside like we noticed that guests at a couple of the neighbouring hotels were able to.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank seasonedtraveller774
Dear guest:

Thank you so much for your opinion. We really appreciate your feedback about our breakfast. We want take the occasion to explain you that the Miamar Bar opens its doors to the world al 9 am and this is the reason because we serve the breakfast in our dinning room since is not possible to make both services on the same terrace . Thanks again and whatever you need let us know.Regards
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

My husband and I have just taken our first hotel holiday. Usually we "do" self catering. Our stay at the Miramar was more that we expected. The hotel was a delight, a little "colonial" but just perfect for us. The staff, we found most helpful. A bit rushed when we first arrived but otherwise most helpful. Our room situated at the back - looking down on the courtyard - was more than adequate for our stay. The breakfast selection was very good - so much choice. We didn't eat at the Miramar in the evening as for us it was a little too expensive. However there are so many places to eat in and around the town we always found somewhere. Luigi's is a good place as is Coral. We didn't use the sun lounge as all the loungers were "towelled" by 9am even though they weren't used till after lunch! The Pine Walk is a super stretch to go along and lots of nice places to swim and snorkel. Returning guests tend to think the hotel is theirs which is my only niggle. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We never go back to the same place twice as there is a lot of the world to see, but it would be very tempting to return to the Miramar and Port de Pollenca.
Thank you for a very enjoyable stay :-)

4 Thank Helga J
Dear guest:

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Whatever you need, let us know. Kind regards & we hope to see you soon
Hampshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Our much anticipated return to the Miramar confirmed my previous review in that we really like just about everything it has to offer.

Was it my imagination or did we get just a few more smiles and interaction from the waiters because we had been before? Who knows? Certainly I would no longer say the waiting staff are not friendly.

I would however echo 'ipks' in saying that perhaps the reception staff could do with a refresher course in customer relations. Their meeting and greeting when you arrive is first class but it was very noticeable that, other than the lovely Marc, there was never any response to our cheery 'ola' as we passed by. I should say they were polite enough on the rare occasion we needed to speak with them but a smile or acknowledgement at other times would not go amiss.

There was a hiccup one day when we found we hadn't been left any towels. A visit to reception told us that they knew but with no explanation. An hour later, during which time we'd 'drip-dried' hands after using the loo(!), we wanted to shower ready for the evening and there were still no towels. I then managed to secure some at reception but again no explanation or apology was forthcoming. Me being me I asked what had happened and was told they had had problems with the washing machine. Two thing here: why didn't they say and furthermore apologise and secondly I find it a little hard to believe that the hotel has only one change of towels i.e. one lot in use and the other in the wash! Surely there is a housekeeping cupboard somewhere with a whole stack of them!

That said the hotel has a lovely charm about it. OK it may be a little dated in places but certainly it is well maintained and spotlessly clean. At the request of friends I did manage to look round one of the Daina's refurbished bedrooms and whilst it was in keeping with modern decor it struck me as being a bit cold and clinical compared to the Miramar.

As usual we only had breakfast in the hotel and thanks to a previous reviewer's advice I ordered fresh orange juice each morning. Even at the 3.50 euro charge this was much more palatable than the regular juice on offer.

Reviewers have commented on the dining room being dark - it isn't! They do put the lights on in the upper part but this ensures the room is well lit. And yes, it would be nice to have breakfast outdoors but I guess this is not allowed as breakfast unlike dinner is not on offer to passing by non residents. For us it is not a problem.

Once again, as in my previous review I have highlighted one or two areas for possible improvement but I would certainly recommend the Miramar and the very best recommendation is that we'll be back!

Room Tip: Sea view, sea view, sea view!
3 Thank kaleg
Dear guest:

Thank you so much for your feedback. We apprecite a lot your opinon and we really sorry the misunderstanding with the towells and any bad perception you could have. Thanks again for trusting in us and as allways we will take all the feedback from our clients to improve more. Kind regards
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Had a good week at this hotel, as a single traveller I felt very secure and the staff were friendly and helpfull. My room was very small and looked over refuse bins and roof tops, I did ask if it was possible to change but the hotel was fully booked. The breakfast was good but the one evening meal I had was not really four star. The sun terrace was in an excellent position and there was always plenty of sun beds and seats either in the sun or the shade.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back have a very poor view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank margrett_minion
Dear guest:

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We appreciate a lot your words about our Restaurant.Thank again and we hope to see you soon.Regards