“What a nice time we had.”
Review of Hotel Panorama

Hotel Panorama
Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Port de Pollenca
Reviewed 30 September 2012

My husband and I love Puerto de Pollensa, we have been going there for a number of years. For us it ticks all the boxes, two hour flight, quite location, good beach (no night clubs or yobs) and wonderful bars and restaurants.

We found this hotel through Tripadvisor, and due to the reviews we booked it for three weeks in September 2012 (Thanks Tripadvisor)

As others have said its a small two star hotel, basic, clean, and for us it was wonderful. Again as others have said it's family run and all the staff are what I would describe as nice people, to be honest they made the holiday nothing was to much trouble.

One thing that no one has mentioned they will if you want sort out the transfers from the airport to the hotel it cost around £12.00 each way per person we used Resort Hoppa and they charge near enough the same (www.resorthoppa.com) a taxi cost a small fortune around £60.00 plus each way.

I loved the pool and most of the time I was the only one in it, we loved the snacks and lunch time we had a light meal at the hotel we dined out at night.

We meet some nice people at the Hotel mostly English salt of the earth types, remember them?

Apparently for next year they are making improvements to the bar and a couple of other things and they are up dating there website (www.hotelpanorama.net)

Any way we have booked to go back next year as nowadays we feel it offers value for money and what more can you want.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are good for the afternnon sun and quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Desiree B

Reviewed 12 September 2012

I have just returned from a short holiday in Puerto Pollenca and felt I had to note my experience of this hotel. I came to Puerto Pollenca essentially to see an old friend who lives in the town. He made the original booking on my behalf and I was delighted that he did for I was more than pleased with my accommodation and most impressed by the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. I travelled with a lady friend and my eldest daughter, who shared one of the two-bedroomed apartments, whilst I had twin-bedroomed room to myself. We were all very pleased with what we had and I thought the bill extremely reasonable.

I found it necessary to change my booking three times, which I thought might well have tested the patience of Rosa, the receptionist, but on every occasion she was helpful, friendly and efficient.

I would strongly recommend this hotel and its apartment block to anybody wanting a clean and friendly budget hotel close to the wonderful Puerto Pollenca beach.

Room Tip: The apartments are very good and represent excellent value for money
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Roy H
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We booked this hotel having read the most recent reviews and were not disappointed as we just wanted a good base in a good location. It is a small, clean, friendly hotel, close to the beach and a pleasant walk along the sea front to the shops and restaurants It was very hot whilst we were there but we found the ceiling fan adequate for sleeping comfort. Unfortunately there was a nasty drain smell in our bathroom but they did attend to it after mentioning it at reception. The rooms were cleaned each day and towels were also changed.There was some noise at night/early morning but to be expected if you want a good location. Breakfast was included and was more than adequate for a budget hotel.The pool looked lovely but we didnt use it as we went to the beach. On the last day, after checking out of our room in the morning, we left our bags at the hotel,spent the day on the beach and then came back to the hotel pool were there was a hot shower and somewhere to get changed and freshened up before our evening flight home. This was a real bonus. Also the safe boxes were in reception so we could use that until we left, as well. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank aaceYork
Reviewed 9 August 2012

This hotel is simple and a good price, we stayed in one of their hotel rooms, which was small and basic but all we needed, the bathroom was fine with a lovely shower, as only 2 star it does'nt have air conditioning but a ceiling fan which created a light breeze. We left our doors open at night, but we go to bed quite early and although the hotel only has entertainment twice a week the nearby english bar has entertainemt every night which can be quite noisy and goes on to midnight.Also their are coaches coming and going all through the night right past the hotel which is also noisy. The breakfast was basic, with toast,cereal, meats, cheese cakes, and yogurt. The best part was lovely warm french bread every day. But stay clear of the fruit juice machine, its watery and tastes horrible. It has a nice swimming pool with lots of beds. The hotel is in a good position only 1 minute away from the beach. The staff where very friendly and helpful, overall it was ideal for what we wanted which was cheap and basic.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Nina609
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Having read a number of reviews for this hotel, this is ours based the following, My Wife and I are in our sixtys we love Puerto Pollensa, we have been there a number of times over the last seven years it's a lovely place, a beautiful and safe clean beach, against a backdrop of mountains, with plenty of places to eat and drink, it's Ideal for couples or families with younger children.

If you are looking for somewhere with a bustling nightlife or have teenagers to keep occupied this is not that sort of place, far from it.

Puerto Pollensa is a bit more upmarket than some of the other tourist places in Mallorca as a result it's not cheap when it comes to eating and drinking in the bars and restaurants there.

Saying that we have had some really memorable meals at restaurants on the seafront and along Pine Walk.

If you're on a budget you will need to look around, as the prices do drop once away from the sea front and Pine Walk, and the restaurants are just as good if not better, this being were most of the locals eat.

If like us you like a walk but just a walk and not a hike then Puerto Pollensa is the place for you as its all on the flat so you can like us stroll around to your hearts content.

So taking this into account were to stay, as far as we are concerned we just need a place to sleep in reasonable comfort that has a bathroom and shower that is clean and at a reasonable cost, taking into account we were rarely in our room or at the Hotel until bed time most nights, It also needs to be close to public transport and the beach and anything else is a bonus, end off.

The Panorama Beach is in my mind is like stepping back to an age gone by for us, its just a 2 Star Hotel! its clean, the rooms we have stayed in have had two single beds which we push together! large wardrobe, table and chairs and a huge ceiling fan (No aircon sorry, not that it made any difference to us the ceiling fan was sufficient) by todays standards its old hat but thats what we like about it.

A small balcony with two chairs and table etc etc, yes the bathroom could be more modern and bigger or what ever but it delivers what we want, a toilet, a sink, lots of hot water and a decent shower.

Tip, there is no kettles in the hotel rooms to make a cup of tea or what ever so we take a travel kettle with us.

The room was cleaned every day, and the towels were also changed daily, the bed was also made up and the bedding was changed every two days. It's Ideal place to for couples or for some one on there own. If your an old fart and fussy then its not for you.

Two floors no lift! stairs however are good with good handrails and easy to walk up, good outside area, with some brilliant chairs and tables to sit around, a small bar at prices which were as cheap as we could find any were in town.

There is also a sort off reading room come recreation room to sit and read in, lots of books to chose from, and free WiFi which is handy if like me you take a laptop on holiday with you.

We love the swimming pool its really good and cleaned daily and is just the right size for the hotel, with sun lounges and again table and chairs around it. Most of the time if you use it you are on your own (As the beach is near on the door step to the Hotel) There is also a kiddies pool but we have never seen any one in it.

Breakfast, the first time I saw it I thought what the hell? (Its continental style, which I understand is the norm in Spain) but once I got my head around it was good and perfectly sufficient and kept us going easily until lunch time.

It being a variety of breads, pastries, cheese, ham, yoghurts, cereals, juices, coffee, tea and so on, and you help yourself and can have as much a you want. But no fresh fruit which would have been good. In fact every morning I loved sitting outside eating breakfast watching the world go by (There in a dinning room inside as well)

One other thing on the food here don't eat at the The Panorama Beach of a night, there is far better places to eat serving far better meals for the money.

By now you should have some idea of the place here is the bonus and why we have been back there a number of times, its because it is what it is, i.e. just a basic traditional 2 star hotel that is still family run, with traditional values (remember them?) and nothing is to much trouble and everything is done with a smile.

Don Miguel (The head of the family) who is in his seventies still turns up every day in a suit to check what's going on and some nights he turns up and will dance with a guest or two, you don't see this anymore nowadays, I hope it stays this way for ever, but I doubt it will.

So bottom line: Is it perfect? No! but what is?

However it offers incredible value for money and I doubt anyone could do more to try and help you have a brilliant holiday, never have we come across better staff in any Hotel ever be it five stars or what ever. As for my Wife and I we are off back again in September 2012.

Tip: We fly from Bristol to Palma with Easyjet and normally book our flights around six months in advance, by doing so it works out at around £80.00 each return, you can phone and book a room at the The Panorama Beach Hotel or an apartment direct (From the UK its: 0034 971 865 192) we have always then been given a far better rate than any you will find on the internet (As they don't have to pay commission fee's) and at the same time you only have to give around a 50 euro deposit (which is not much to lose if you have to cancel) the balance you pay when you turn up.

We normally pick a car from the airport this we arrange online, rates for May and September are very good and you can get a decent car then for around £70.00 a week including insurance with no excess to worry about.

Hope all this helps some one, roll on September we have had enough of the rain here and need some sun, might see you there?

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter, and you get the afternoon sun.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
13  Thank CliffBennett
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This hotel is far better than many 3/4 star Hotels. Its family run and nothing is too much trouble. I stayed in an Apartment which was very clean and bright.The staff are very helpful. There is entertainment twice a week. Breakfast is good and there is a snack menu throughout the day.The swimming pool is a nice size with a shaded area at one end. It is possible to go by bus from the Airport to this hotel, and also the public bus from the airport to the centre of Palma . Get oof bus by Hostal Terminus and walk down the side of this to the bus station and take a Bus to Puerto Pollensa or Alcudia Town as they run more often and get a local bus to Puerto Pollensa only 10 minutes and get off at Tamarells on Sea front cross road and Hotel is 100m at the end of the road .Car hire is available from the Hotel and other things can be arranged by Reception who all speak English and Spanish and other languages. You are 100m from a lovely beach very suitable for children.I came back in June for a brief visit and had a great welcome

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank aisling007
Reviewed 28 May 2012

stayed for a two night break at this hotel.given a nice room on the back of the hotel which got the late afternoon sun.room was clean but the bathroom had a terrible smell.there was rust around the sink and the shower cubicle was very small and dingy.stayed bed and breakfast and the breakfast was simply awful,there were bits of cheap ham and cheese uncovered,also bread.we did not eat the breakfast as found it to be very cheap quality and looked like it had been sat there a while.all in all a nice stay but wouldnt stay again.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the back of the hotel as you get the late afternoon sun
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple