“Avoid for God sake! Terrible hotel!”
Review of Hotel Panorama

Hotel Panorama
Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Port de Pollenca
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

Soon as you enter the appartment you can feel the bad smell from the old unused kitchen, bathroom awfall, old furniture, not worm wellcoming! Very dirty...I would rather sleep on the beach and not ruin my hollyday by staying in this as called "hotel"! I don't understand how come it's working. What kind of people stay there? Feels like a hospital, you get depressed just by spending 10 minutes there. I just don't get it! PP is a nice town but hotels are awfall. Don't complain about the crisis. Here's the answer: do something!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Matyas_jennifer
Panorama785, Front Office Manager at Hotel Panorama, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

We cannot find you on our lists of guests who has stayed here? If you did, and if you feel this is a true reflection on our Hotel we are sorry that you did not complain to us in person, While we accept we no doubt cannot please every one we pride ourselves on doing all we can to ensure that all our guests have a good holiday here in Mallorca.

We have no kitchens in our Hotel rooms? we do in our apartments however? but we still have been unable to get to the bottom of your review and complaints, sorry.

We hope every one will read the other reviews of our Hotel, and not be put off by this.

Thank you.

Rosa

Reviewed 17 July 2013

I near on fell over laughing at the review that said the Hotel was not on Pine Walk etc, have you seen the prices for staying at a hotel on Pine Walk, he stated he had been mislead by a travel agent, a slight understatement! it was funny.

Any way my wife and I are in our sixties having not long been back from two fantastic weeks at the Panorama Beach Hotel, the sun shone and we had the most fantastic time, we will be going back again to Puerto de Pollensa Mallorca next year that's for sure.

We found the hotel staff first class always smiling and helpful, which you don't find at home much nowadays. The pool was heaven and seemed to be hardly used by anyone when we used it. Mind you the fantastic beach is near on the door step of the Hotel.

We walked into town and back every evening having had dinner at one of the fantastic restaurants in town (most of the time we went to the Guru as recommended by some on else here, we loved it as well) walking back we could not resist stopping for a drink or two at the many bars and restaurants on the way or looking in the shops everyone was friendly and seemed pleased to see you.

As for the complaints about the noise, yes we noticed it, but the entertainment finished at midnight so being on holiday we didn't care anyway, and by the time we got back to the Hotel of a evening and had a nightcap and a chat with the others staying at the Hotel it finished mind you nothing on earth could have kept us two awake after all that.

Breakfast is basic but we expected that and it was good enough for us, the bus stops at the top of the road was handy and we went to a number of places and back again with no problems. It being our first time in Mallorca we were blown away by it, we only wish we had been there ages ago.

Taking into account the price of our room we thought it was a bargain and we will be going back again, we were surprised by what the town and beach was like, it's quite stunning really and again we loved it.

All in all a fantastic holiday and yes we will be back again at the Panorama Beach Hotel hopefully getting a cheaper flight out next year, some of the people staying at the hotel paid less than half what we paid for our flight by booking it early in the year so that seems the thing to do.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Phillip H
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Not a quiet hotel poor location 're adjacent to two British style pubs not the Pine walk as suggested poorly laid out room had to request mattress be changed as uncomfortable shower a joke too small for a normal size person breakfast no fresh produce no eggs limited choice

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank gerry m
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We also had a room with a balcony at the front -- and were kept awake until midnight every damn night! I requested a quieter room at the other side of the hotel but was told I would be charged 25 Euros so declined their expensive offer.

Otherwise the room was basic but very clean; actually looked like it had been redecorated the day before we arrived. Spotless. But if you also end up with a couple of noisy people next door who insist on sitting out on their balcony and talking in loud voices until 2am you will get very little sleep during your stay. But that can happen anywhere with thoughtless people returning to their rooms in the middle of the night and banging their door shut. They seemed to want to wake up the whole hotel just so we all knew what a great time they were having.

Breakfast was very basic. If you fancy a full English forget it. But it suited us with simple choice of cereals, yogurt, toast and tea. Take your own fresh fruit as none is supplied. Give the juice and prepackaged croissants a miss.

Nice pool that gets the afternoon sun. Hotel situated five minutes from a wonderful beach -- but is a fifteen minute stroll into town. Fine for us as we love that part of the evening, but if you have any problems walking -- as many of the guests at the enormous Pollenca Park Hotel next door seemed to have -- just be aware that you are slightly out of the main town area.

We are so pleased we stayed in Port de Pollenca as Alcudia was far too big and noisy and `British` for our taste. Do jump on a bus into the inland village of Pollenca. Delightful. Good eateries and you must climb the 365 steps to Calvari.

If you fancy a day trip try `No Frills` and hope you get Toni as a guide as he is so good. Best trip is the full day to Soller via a boat, a tram and a train -- and the scary Snake Pass. Not quite such good value for money was the day trip to the Caves du Drach. Visits to a pearl shop and liquor tasting bit pointless. Jump on a bus and get to the caves yourself.

And pack in a bus trip to Palma. Well worth seeing on a sunny day. Not sure if the six quid to see the interior of the cathedral is worth it though. Plenty of other impressive churches around.

Back at the Panorama: the staff were very helpful -- apart from the room move -- and friendly. Old Dom Miguel pops in most days so I guess if you have a problem with noise and lack of `Full English` you might try bending his ear.

Room Tip: At the back! At the back!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank artmiller
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Booked a cheap break here using this hotel and flights by EasyJet. Great value all round. Staff were so friendly and helpful which is always a bonus and we cannot praise them enough. Rooms were basic but clean and reflected what we had paidand expected based upon reviews. The breakfast was nice but limited but we knew that would be the case. We didn't try any other meals as we headed to the center of town each evening as you are spoilt for choice. The location is excellent and the beach is just 200 yards away and there are a few bars and supermarkets nearby. The only sour note was that asking for a sea view - which we got - put is in a room overlooking or rather overhearing the bar next door. Despite its name, The Golden Lion is a local bar and is long established and they provide live music for their customers - every night!! In fairness it always stopped at midnight as is the law in Majorca but if you have a room at the front and enjoy early nights then book a room at the back or in the partnering Don Miguel apartments just 20 yards away but with access to the pool, etc. Yes, we should have asked for a different room but they had given us a sea view like we asked and they were full - so we bought some ear plugs and got on with it. The music wasn't bad - just repetetive and was enjoyed by many at the venue. All in all, a lovely little place that is in a good overall location, has very friendly staff and offers good B&B value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back or in the Don Miguel apartments if you don't like live music.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank YorkshiresBest
Reviewed 30 September 2012

My husband and I love Puerto de Pollensa, we have been going there for a number of years. For us it ticks all the boxes, two hour flight, quite location, good beach (no night clubs or yobs) and wonderful bars and restaurants.

We found this hotel through Tripadvisor, and due to the reviews we booked it for three weeks in September 2012 (Thanks Tripadvisor)

As others have said its a small two star hotel, basic, clean, and for us it was wonderful. Again as others have said it's family run and all the staff are what I would describe as nice people, to be honest they made the holiday nothing was to much trouble.

One thing that no one has mentioned they will if you want sort out the transfers from the airport to the hotel it cost around £12.00 each way per person we used Resort Hoppa and they charge near enough the same (www.resorthoppa.com) a taxi cost a small fortune around £60.00 plus each way.

I loved the pool and most of the time I was the only one in it, we loved the snacks and lunch time we had a light meal at the hotel we dined out at night.

We meet some nice people at the Hotel mostly English salt of the earth types, remember them?

Apparently for next year they are making improvements to the bar and a couple of other things and they are up dating there website (www.hotelpanorama.net)

Any way we have booked to go back next year as nowadays we feel it offers value for money and what more can you want.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are good for the afternnon sun and quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Desiree B
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I have just returned from a short holiday in Puerto Pollenca and felt I had to note my experience of this hotel. I came to Puerto Pollenca essentially to see an old friend who lives in the town. He made the original booking on my behalf and I was delighted that he did for I was more than pleased with my accommodation and most impressed by the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. I travelled with a lady friend and my eldest daughter, who shared one of the two-bedroomed apartments, whilst I had twin-bedroomed room to myself. We were all very pleased with what we had and I thought the bill extremely reasonable.

I found it necessary to change my booking three times, which I thought might well have tested the patience of Rosa, the receptionist, but on every occasion she was helpful, friendly and efficient.

I would strongly recommend this hotel and its apartment block to anybody wanting a clean and friendly budget hotel close to the wonderful Puerto Pollenca beach.

Room Tip: The apartments are very good and represent excellent value for money
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends