“Another lovely stay.........”

Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Port de Pollenca
Hertfordshire, England
“Another lovely stay.........”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

When we visited this hotel previously we loved it. The rooms have now been refurbished and they are lovely.

As always, as very warm welcome from the receptionists and also the staff generally - service is always good and friendly.

We have booked again for next year!

Room Tip: A sea view room is a must - the views are wonderful!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
HoposaBP, Gerente at Hoposa Bahia Hotel, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your kind review, I'm glad to know that you liked the refurbisment carried out this past winter on our rooms. We all look forward to welcome you again next year.

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

This was the second time at the Bahia. Since our last visit all rooms have been refurbished and are very tasteful and nicely decorated. We had the pleasure of a sea view balcony room for part of our stay and the view was beautiful. Breakfast was good and always plenty to choose from. Didn't eat in the hotel otherwise so can't comment. All the staff were very friendly and helpful especially our cleaning lady she always had a nice smile on her face. Will be returning again next year for sure.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank kpayne1975
HoposaBP, Gerente at Hoposa Bahia Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I'm glad to know that you liked the refurbishment carried out this past winter and also that our breakfast service met your expectations. Thnks also for your kind words on our Staff.

We all look forward to welcome you again netx year

East Kilbride, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Since our last trip in 2012 the Bahia has undergone a transformation in all the rooms making it even more comfortable. The 30 room hotel could not be better located right on the "Pine Walk" overlooking the Bay. The rooms now offer such facilities as a fridge, safe (at no extra), hairdryer, air com, wifi, and even an ironing board!!
The staff are brilliant and ever so friendly, from Francisco in the bar, Louisa on reception to Mercedes, one of the chambermaids!
We were there for an eleventh (or was it twelfth?) year and always look forward to our return. We were asked as we left "why don't you just stay?" Believe me we would.
Our friends, who introduced us to the Bahia, joined us to help celebrate our 40th anniversary and made the whoe trip extra special.

Room Tip: The Bahia offers either sea view or back. Admittedly in the height of the season this would be quiet...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I'm very proud to know that you enjoyed your holidays with us as well as the new "extras" we have added to our rooms during the refurbishment carried on this past winter. The Staff were very proud also reading your words and they all thank you also for your review and we all look forward to welcome you next year.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This is the second time we have stayed here. The staff again were extremely friendly and hard working. The food was excellent and although the rooms have been upgraded there are still some teething problems which will I am sure be sorted out.
One of the waiters immediately recognised us from out first visit a year ago and she received a welcoming kiss from him! Breakfast is a sheer pleasure as the tables are right at the beach with stunning scenery beyond. It was hard to leave.
We will be back to our favourite hotel!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HoposaBP, Gerente at Hoposa Bahia Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your kind review, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us as well as our "new rooms", meals and breakfast at our lovely terrace right on the sea edge. Looking forward to welcome you again,

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013

In my opinion “amazing” is an overused term these days, but I can truly say that the Bahia lives up to it! Our recent stay was a return visit from six years ago – we loved it the first time but the experience just got better!

The refurbishment is excellent and has enhanced the charm of this beautiful boutique hotel with one of the most perfect settings you could ever wish for – steps from the beach, and a short walk to the harbour.

Breakfast on the terrace is something else, and what a great selection of treats awaits you at the buffet – we were spoilt for choice every morning!

All the staff are courteous and friendly without being intrusive. The housekeeping is impeccable, fresh towels every day and everything spotless.

Definitely try the seafood paella in the restaurant – delicious!

We will definitely be back. Thanks again for a wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: Book a seaview room and request a balcony!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
HoposaBP, Gerente at Hoposa Bahia Hotel, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed your return visit to the Bahia as well as our recent refurbishment and our paellas and we hope to welcome you again in a not so far future.

Barling Magna, Southend-on-sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Great hotel for a wide range of visitors. Right next to the very safe beach and within walking distance of many bars and restaurants. Some beautiful walks and cycle rides to take advantage of.

Young coules and retired couples will get a great holiday here. Not much entertainment for kids but it keeps it quiet I guess. Howvere if you and the like the beach and splashing aroundyou can't go wrong. Easy access and they'll be close by at all times.

Very helpful and proactive staff. If you get a chance try and book a room at the front overlooking the sea.

Breakfast was extremely with lots to choose from.

Room Tip: If you can try and book a room at the front overlooking the sea. Worth the extra.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HoposaBP, Gerente at Hoposa Bahia Hotel, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your review. I'm glad to know that the hotel meet your expectations and we look forward to welcome you again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Well where do I start? Arrived at hotel to be told that the room we booked and paid for was not available due to technical hitch in the booking system - roughly translated as a cock up. Informed we would have to have an alternative room and then move after 2 nights which we were unhappy about. Offered a complimentary meal as compensation and had no choice to accept as there were no other offers or options. Table for meal was booked with restaurant manager for 4 nights later. Arrived at restaurant to find no staff available so seated ourselves on table that had been booked. Then came the meal.......Garlic Prawns were without doubt frozen - Iceland eat your heart out - both ordered steak for mains (served with frozen vegetables of course! oh and half - yes half! a jacket potato!) and decided to ask for this to be cooked medium to amplify tenderness - when it arrived it was very bloody but despite this I attempted to eat it - unfortunately it was as tough as old boots and even if it had been sent back it would still not have been edible so I left 3/4 of the steak. Other half did manage to eat most of it, we had sweets which were the best thing in the entire meal - also frozen of course. When the bill came the head waiter thought that we had a 10% discount card - in actual fact it was a complimentary meal card. He went mad and said I had messed up his system and that I should have presented this at the start of the meal - why I am not sure - maybe a smaller portion is given if they know its a free meal? Either way it was terrible and we saw the bill which was around 100 Euros - I would not have even paid 10 euro to be honest. I was so embarrassed about his attitude infront of the whole restaurant - had we have enjoyed the meal in anyway then this would have all been lost in seconds by the way we were treated. He is lucky he kept his head on his shoulders to be honest if it had been the UK he would never have got away with speaking to me like that - ever!

I made a complaint about the way the staff member had spoken to me and met with the Director of the hotel a few days later who informed me we had sat at the wrong table which had caused the confusion? and also that we had eaten most of the meal. Well firstly the table was agreed and booked directly with the restaurant head waiter and secondly I am not going to complain when I am receiving a complimentary meal although I do wish I had at the time now. Even more interesting is how did they know we had eaten all of the meal if we were sat at the wrong table? Do they make notes about what every guest eats? The waiter just took my plate at the time and never said a word. I was also informed by the Director that apparently the staff member did not speak to me in this manner at all - so it must have all been part of my vivid imagination. The Director wanted me to sit down and discuss the situation with the staff concerned but as our holiday had already been hijacked by incompetent and rude staff resulting in a room move and a meal that was not fit for a dog I decided this would get me nowhere fast and promptly gave it up as a bad job. There was little to gain and it seemed very evident by this time that these people realise that as 1 week holidaymakers you are not going to take it any further and they just do not appear to care. I don't suppose that anything was learnt from the experience from their point of view......I learnt never to go back ever again of course.

As for the hotel in general - we reported a few issues in our first room such as the air con not working and in the 2 nights we were there this was not fixed. The breakfast was quite nice then you cant go far wrong with that can you? although unusual in 2013 for no decaf coffee to be served for guests. The beds in both rooms creaked loudly if you turned over in the night and although the second room was said to be one of the best in the hotel it was impersonal with no barrier between the 2 balconies so if you wanted to sit out there then its with the neighbours beside you about 1 metre away. One of the staff was a young Irish lady who was really helpful and efficient and is a credit to the hotel in her approach and attitude. The cleaning staff were also very efficient and friendly and deserve some recognition.

In a nutshell we were disappointed in the experience we had at this hotel and would not recommend or return - think twice yourself before booking.

Room Tip: Only 1 room at the back of the hotel has a balcony.
5 Thank Jon B
HoposaBP, Gerente at Hoposa Bahia Hotel, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you for your review, with which I do not agree however I do respect, that even with reviews such yours always help us to improve our services.

Due to an IT mistake, we had to allocate you two nights in a different room from the room that you had reserved, for which I apologize as the Receptionist on duty did on your arrival date.

As for the dinner of compensation due to the room change, I have already explained to you in person what happened: as you did not present yourselves to the personnel of the restaurant and you sat down at table Nº28, a different from the table that you had specifically wanted and also reserved, table n º 30, which remained empty until you asked for the account to be settled and it was then that the staff noticed the mistake and in the first instance we were presenting you with a real bill instead of a bill that you simply would have had to sign. When you book a specific table we always ask our clients that they would present themselves to the personnel of the restaurant, this is simply to avoid these kind of situations, not as you have commented “to serve smaller portions”.

According to my information, and you have confirmed this with your comments, the waiters withdrew all the plates, which were empty except for a small ¼ piece of steak. Reading your critiques I cannot understand why you both would eat almost everything if the food was so horrible. As for you saying our produce are frozen products!, in the Hotel Bahia Restaurant stands out for being different and for the quality of our food and the service that we offer, with nice, efficient and obliging waiters. This I do not need to say as simply all anyone has to do is to read the other reviews regarding our personnel on TripAdvisor.

For us there is no distinction between clients who stay for one night or one month, we always try to attend to all our clients in the best possible way and in attending to a great number of our repeat clients every day that we can truly say we offer very good service and treatment to each of our clientes.

I have personally checked your complaints on the air conditioning and the beds. The air conditioning in first room in which you stayed worked perfectly. This past winter, following our company politics on saving energy, between other measures, we installed new detectors in all of the windows which do not allow that the air conditioning should work if the windows are open. As for the bed, I am surprised about your complaint since these are all new beds from last year but I must say to you that you do have reason regarding the noise the bed was making. The problem is that one of the beds tapes was sluggish which made the bed move and it was causing this noise, It pleases me to tell you that this has already been resolved.

I am sorry about your decision not to return to visit us, which I respect, but not your comments warning the rest of the users of TripAdvisor of not reserving our hotel, since we have invested a lot of time and effort in obtaining the positioning that we have today. Thanks to, and especially, the good comments of our valued clients and friends.

Hotel Bahia
#1 of 48 in Port d'Alcudia
La Goleta Hotel de Mar
La Goleta Hotel de Mar
#13 of 29 in Port de Pollenca

Been to Hoposa Bahia Hotel? Share your experiences!