Hoposa Bahia Hotel
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Port de Pollenca
Reviewed 13 August 2014

we stayed here last week... excellent choice of delicious food at breakfast.. hotel is clean with friendly helpful staff.. great facilities in the room working aircon . The hotel has a homely atmosphere and offers excellent value for money.. one small improvement would be to offer a tray breakfast of coffee . juice and croissant to people leaving for early morning flights . OVERALL VERY PLEASED WOULD RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank martin19622013
HoposaBP, Gerente at Hoposa Bahia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Guest.

On behalf of all Hotel Hoposa Bahía staff and myself , we thank you for your nice review.
We feel very proud that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel.
Let me inform you and also to all TA users, that for early check outs we have the service of cold breakfast, that is sandwiches+fresh fruit. Anyway, we will take good note of your comments.

Best wishes from puerto de Pollensa.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is a small hotel right on the beach. Every member of staff we had dealings with were really helpful and friendly. Every effort was made to make our stay enjoyable and they were successful. The restaurant was the best we found in the area. The sea food was particularly good. The hotel runs a scheme where if you buy a discount voucher for €10 you received a 10% discount on food or drink bought on the premises. This was well worth doing. The room was not large but was fine and had a sea view. We will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DelaneyMcLintock

Dear customer.

Thank you very much for taking your time to write such kind words about your stay in our hotel and our staff, it helps us to still working hard for offer the best service to our clients.
We are also very grateful to the recognition of the food and the restaurant. Offer gastronomic variety and quality is our priority.

All the Hotel Hoposa Bahia team looks forward to welcome you in not far future.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We actually stayed at the Pollensamar Appts nearby which are part of the Bahia set up. We have now stayed here or at the appts 12 times. the Management and some of the staff have changed but the waiters are much the same as is the high quality.

The staff, particularly the waiters, are very charming and professional and a delight to have around. The Bahia is such an ideally situated Hotel. We had lunch and it was very nice indeed. Our daughter went there in June 2014 and she had dinner outside and still raves about it.

Nice place, doesn't change and thanks again Bahia!

Room Tip: we say that a sea view with a balcony is the room to choose.
1  Thank mnmatoakleigh
HoposaBP, Gerente at Hoposa Bahia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear repeat customer.

We want to thank you for taking your time sharing with all TA users your experience at Hoposa Bahia Hotel and Hoposa Pollensamar apartments.

We are very proud and grateful for your comments about our establishment, the restaurant, and above all, our staff. It help us to continue with effort and improve day by day.

Hope welcome you in a near future.

Best Regards.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is well located on the Pine walk opposite the beach. The rooms are tastefully decorated and well equipped offering a fridge, tea and coffee making facilities, tv with English channels, aircon etc etc. Newly refurbished they are modern but with some character to. The breakfast is excellent, large choice of cooked food as well as cold meats, fruit, bread, cakes etc. Staff are very friendly and attentive. Only thing the hotel doesn't have is a pool or own section of beach like some hotels on the pine walk so you have to hire sunbeds and parasol on the beach opposite the hotel. Two beds and parasol are 12.50 a day so if you are here just for the sun it will add to your costs for the week.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MartinLoS
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I very nearly ended up walking away from this hotel. I was already staying in a hotel in nearby Alcudia as part of a two week holiday but we had wanted to incorporate an overnight stay in Pollenca as an early birthday present for my wife as she had always wanted to stay in Pollenca with a view of the bay. Therefore my requirements were quite specific and this hotel appeared to fit the bill. When booking (several months in advance of our stay) I paid the extra for a sea view room and sent the hotel an email explaining my plan and requested a room with a balcony (to which they said they would try their best to provide). I also sent another email reminding them of my request a couple of weeks before my visit. When we arrived at the hotel I enquired if the room I was being allocated had a balcony as per my request but I was told that not only did it not have a balcony but that I had been downgraded to a standard room without a seaview. To make up for this I was offered a complimentary meal. I was astonished that having been so forthcoming about my requirements that the hotel should stitch me up something with so far removed from my requirements. Also there was no manager around to assist the receiptionist in dealing with this situation (it was the managers day off). I informed the lady that had I been told this in advance I would have cancelled my booking and that if they were not able to provide at least the sea view room that I had paid the extra for then I shall be walking away. After a flurry of calls I was told that if I came back at 2PM then a sea view room would be available as she had moved somebody else to another hotel(?). To be honest I am still not clear as to what exactly happened here as when I asked for the manager the next day (to obtain some clarity) I was told that she was away at a meeting elsewhere. On a more positive note the room was lovely and modern, the beds were comfortable, the view of the bay was beautiful and the breakfast on the terrance by the beach feels really luxerious given the surroundings. I would consider staying again but I would want assurances that I am actually going to get what I pay for.

3  Thank Michael C
HoposaBP, Gerente at Hoposa Bahia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest.

Thank you to take the time to write the review.

We regret that your stay in our hotel was not as successful as expected, because in Hoposa have as a priority that our customers are fully satisfied and fully enjoy your stay with us.

Regarding your complain, inform you that the day of your arrival we had several issues with our computer system, and truly was my day off but by phone we solved the problem as quickly as we could. On Monday, the day after, I wanted to see you, but in the morning I did not want to disturb you and after my meeting , you were already gone.
Finally you had the room that you have booked and for the inconveniences we offered a dinner that you declined.

Inform future travelers that we have a total of 17 Sea View Rooms, and 3 of these rooms do not have a balcony. Balconies are on request only and we cannot guarantee this 100% as rooms are allocated according to availability on the day of your arrival. However the reception staff do try their best with all requests and take good note of the same.

On the other hand, we are pleased that the hotel's convenient location, the rooms and the breakfast have been to your liking and we really appreciate that it is in your mind to come next year.

We thank you for your visiting and for your comments.

Please take our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Also, I take this opportunity to greet you and hope to welcome you in an upcoming occasion.

Best Regards.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

What a wonderful find. Hostel does not do this place justice. I understand it was previously privately owned. Now under the Hoposa group name, it has been refurbished to a excellent standard. I saw a score of 8.5 on a notice on the board... I wonder why it lost 1.5 . For my wife and I it was a 10. Arrived very late (after 2am) staff member could not be more helpful and friendly. Room was excellent brand new beds extremely comfortable. Well decorated to a good standard. I know that its not every ones priority but 32in flat screen T.V. on the wall with BBC1,2 Channel 4, More 4, Sky News and Film 4 & Film 4 +1. Fridge and coffee and tea making facilities. Ironing board and Iron in an ample wardrobe. Shower and toilet excellent with hair dryer. We had a superior room with sea view. The balcony overlooked the beach and the restaurant, excellent for people watching. Wonderful views. The staff were very friendly and could not do enough, Front desk, restaurant and houskeeping seemed very pleased that you were there. Breakfast was excellent and came in our package. The Hostel had probably the best fish and seafood restaurant in the town.. Full every night so dont forget to book even if you are a resident. We cannot praise this place enough. Made for a wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for superior with seaview and shame not to.
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We've stayed at this hotel twice with our baby son and loved it. The seaview rooms are amazing...right on the beach and pine walk. It made our holiday waking up to the sound of the sea! The breakfast is also brilliant. A great selection of cereals, fruits, cooked, cold meats and cheeses....all to be enjoyed sitting on the decking on the beach.

However, now we have a new baby the rooms just aren't big enough for all of us...but we will still return for breakfast on the beach!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family