We stayed some years ago in Puerto Pollensa and were looking forward to our return, this time to sample the delights of Sis Pins having been impressed by the reviews. We knew its location would be ideal, overlooking the Pinewalk and the sea and we were not disappointed.
We paid for a seaview room without a balcony but it had french doors which opened fully so we could draw our chairs up to the opening and watch the world go by beneath us. I would imagine the back rooms with balcony overlooking the road would be quite noisy. The room itself was not huge but perfectly adequate and spotlessly clean, as was the whole hotel. There was a good size fridge and kettle with tea and coffee provided and we had a bottle of wine in our room on arrival which was a nice touch. The TV was very small but had reasonable satellite channels. There was free Wi Fi at reception. The bathroom was a good size with a few basic toiletries provided and towels could be changed every day if needed. We had no problems with supply of hot water.
There was a charge of 10euros each for a safe key, beach towel or hairdryer but this was returned on check out. It is a shame that there are no hairdriers fitted in the bathrooms.
A continental breakfast was included in the daily rate and this was fine but nothing special. The fresh orange juice was delicious, there were cereals, yoghurts, and fresh croissants and 2 other pastries available each day. Rolls with one type of cheese and one type of ham were available. The attentive staff brought tea or coffee to your table. It would have been nice to have had some more choice at breakfast, particularly hard boiled eggs, just to ring the changes. However, our impression is that with the opening of the Capuccino outlet within the hotel there is no real access to a kitchen to provide any hot food in the mornings. As commented before there is not a huge amount of room for breakfast, and you had to hunt for a table. By the end of the stay the staff were laying up more tables outside but the weather was a bit cool on occasions to eat out. There was very limited space available if you wanted a table actually indoors.
The staff were extremely helpful and polite and the reception staff spoke good English. There is no parking at the hotel but staff were able to give us directions to some free parking a few minutes walk away.
The hotel is situated within walking distance of many restaurants, cafes and bars to suit all tastes and prices. We had lunch at the Cappucino which forms part of the hotel and enjoyed sitting three feet away from the sea being waited upon! The food is more expensive than many other places but it was delicious and hot so you get what you pay fo,r and in a lovely setting as well.
We found Puerto Pollensa to still be a very pleasant place to stay particularly for older people or families with young children as the beach is lovely. With the motorway connecting Palma and the airport to the north of the island it only takes about one hour to get there. However we were overwhelmed by the number of cyclists who visit Majorca at this time of year. There were thousands of them and serious cyclists at that. We had some heart stopping moments in our car on hairpin bends in the mountains trying to overtake them! They stop for no man or car!
That aside we thoroughly enjoyed our five night stay at Sis Pins and would happily return to this very nice resort and hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located opposite the beach and near the centre of the resort, the Hotel Sis Pins is without doubt one of the most charming hotels in Puerto Pollensa. British owned, our team of friendly, professional staff will ensure that you receive a warm welcome and are well cared for during your holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK) and Priceline so you can book your Sis Pins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sis Pins Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Sis Pins Port De Pollenca
- Sis Pins Majorca/Port De Pollenca