This review was written shortly after our stay in April, but I forgot to post onto the website. However, I have updated slightly and I think that the comments are still valid.
This is their second year under new management, and I think that the new owners are certainly aiming to improve it's image and profitability.
The good bits:-
Location is great, right on the pedestrian seafront promenade in Puerto Pollensa.
Excellent staff who are very good, friendly and attentive.
The rooms are clean and generally well maintained.
The draw backs:-
Our room was fairly small (but adequate), others may be bigger of course.
My main gripe was that too much of the hotel's frontage and beach terrace has been allocated to Cappaccinos.
This was not helped, as during our visit (Easter) a further area at the front was given over to the “Rapha” brand, which had a merchandising stand geared (pardon the pun) towards the numerous cyclists visiting over Easter. This meant a constant irritation of cyclists visiting the stand, using the hotel's toilets, etc. This was particularly annoying when on our final morning a noisy group of cyclists took over the hotel's breakfast tables on the sunny terrace.
It would be nice to see some priority and outside frontage available exclusively for the use of the hotel's own guests.
With the hotel having given over it's catering facilities to Cappuccinos, breakfast was restricted to a cold buffet and we thought that choice was was very limited. However, I note from subsequent reviews that they do now seem to be offering hot food as well, and this would certainly improve things. The waitresses were brilliant though!
Whilst my negatives may seem to outweigh the positives, we enjoyed our stay overall and I think that we will stay again. However, I do hope that the management can improve some of the shortcomings by re-negotiating their arrangements with Cappaccinos, if possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located opposite the beach and near the centre of the resort, the Hotel Sis Pins is without doubt one of the most charming hotels in Puerto Pollensa. British owned, our team of friendly, professional staff will ensure that you receive a warm welcome and are well cared for during your holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sis Pins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sis Pins Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Sis Pins Port De Pollenca
- Sis Pins Majorca/Port De Pollenca