I am very impressed by all the recent reviews of Sis Pins. They describe the hotel very well and I dont see that I can add greatly to their comments. However, we were very disappointed that Capuccino has occupied a pleasant part of the hotel, the dining area and a significant portion of the front sunbathing area. It is a very expensive, unnecessary and distracting addition to the hotel and I look forward to the day when we can go back to the hotel as it completely was in the Globespan days! Bliss!
The staff are fantastic as always - like meeting old friends - and Cristina is a natural! Dont lose her Sis Pins! Rooms at the back on high floors are brilliant for the late evening sun and a glass of cold white wine. We have stayed in this hotel for over 14 years in different rooms and go out for a walk for the views. To us, having the afternoon sun is more important.
We found Peuorto Pollensa very expensive - starters for 8euros were the norm, main fish courses 18euros! Out of the restaurants we sampled, we recommend Hibiscus (5 minutes walk) most highly - the three meals we had there were of the highest quality and came out of Menu del Dia and were reasonably priced. The Codfather is interesting for a takeaway or eat in fish and chips. Newly opened Casablanca, a Moroccan Restaurant is still finding its feet and will improve given time. Cafetaria Neptuno used to be a favourite - but there is new management, new staff, smaller choice and higher prices now. Still good for tapas. Buses to Alcudia costing euro 1.10 are frequent. There are lots of restaurants in the old town by the castle - many are worth exploring! We used some excellent supermarkets for picnic lunches on the beach or on the balcony of our room. The weekly markets in Pollensa and in Puerto are colourful, bustling and busy experience. Recommended. Be warned - car parking charges at Formentor Beach are very high. Use public transport if you can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located opposite the beach and near the centre of the resort, the Hotel Sis Pins is without doubt one of the most charming hotels in Puerto Pollensa. British owned, our team of friendly, professional staff will ensure that you receive a warm welcome and are well cared for during your holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Sis Pins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sis Pins Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Sis Pins Port De Pollenca
- Sis Pins Majorca/Port De Pollenca