For us, the Sis Pins has always been a special place. A location to die for with wonderful views of the bay, hills and harbour. So sad then that the management have flogged off the main part of the frontage and sun terrace to the expensive, branded corporate experience that is Cappuccino. After 10.30 in the morning, the lovely area where you have enjoyed breakfast is taken over by these people with their exhorbitant prices, and all day irritating "mood" music, a CD of which they sell for 20 euros!! I know that you can sit here and not purchase anything but we tried it and it felt uncomfortable, as if we didn't belong there. Add all this to a lack of porterage, room service etc and the only conclusion is that the Sis Pins is a B&B and no more.
And now to our room. We were in 128, one of a group of rooms in the centre of the hotel and clustered around a courtyard below. All rooms have a patio, some bigger than others. Our room was large but a bit monastic with whitewashed walls and white bedspreads. Bathroom was excellent but a hairdryer would have been nice. There was no comfortable chair in the room, but we managed to utilise the patio furniture instead. Towels look a bit dated. Most were branded "Globespan" who were last here in 2009. Below our patio was a strange trampoline affair disguising the activities of the Cappuccino staff below who were prone to a quick fag between customers, the smoke from which reached our nostrils several times, and this in a no-smoking hotel, tut-tut.
Worse still was the constant noise from the hotel ventilation system, a bit like aircraft noise punctuated by the occasional whine of a circular saw. Rooms at the back seem to have their own noise issues. (lorries, bin-men etc.) Best rooms are without doubt at the front. If you can upgrade (we couldn't) supplement is 15 euros pppn.
I hate knocking this establishment which we have enjoyed so many times but until Cappuccino has gone we will not be returning. Management here ask you to only send good reviews to Tripadvisor which seems a bit presumptive to say the least.
Whilst in Puerto Pollensa, try and catch superb classical guitarist Mariano Miranda in the Daina bar on wednesday evenings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located opposite the beach and near the centre of the resort, the Hotel Sis Pins is without doubt one of the most charming hotels in Puerto Pollensa. British owned, our team of friendly, professional staff will ensure that you receive a warm welcome and are well cared for during your holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Sis Pins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sis Pins Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Sis Pins Port De Pollenca
- Sis Pins Majorca/Port De Pollenca