“Great Hotel in a great position”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sis Pins

Sis Pins
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Port de Pollenca
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel in a great position”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We had a Sea View Balcony room which was superb, The view was lovely and an added bonus of a fridge and tea making facilities. We would often sit on the balcony with a beer from the fridge, or with a sandwich from one of the many places that will make you one up. The only word of warning was the comfort of the bed, which was just about acceptable and might be an area for the hotel to consider investment in the future.

We enjoyed the breakfast each morning, not a vast selection, but fresh, iincluding freshly squeezed juice and good coffee.

We enjoyed the Cappucino bar, and whilst slightly more expensive than others is good quality, I do think that the suggestion of a 15/20% discount for hotel guests might encourage more people to stop for a drink, would be good if was implemented.

The staff at this hotel are very friendly and one got the sense that they were very genuine

Overall a really good value, excellent stay

Room Tip: Definately a sea view balcony or terrace , if you can get one !
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 190728Richard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Personally, I would find it difficult to find fault with the hotel. It suits my husband and I very well but there are other guests who are unhappy with the limited food and very expensive drinks on hand via Capuccino Cafe. On our last day, a guest made the suggestion that Sis Pins hotel guests should be able to obtain a discount on showing their room card and I think that is indeed an excellent suggestion. Would the management perhaps consider this?

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank bubblybellla
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

This Hotel is in the prefect location , views across the bay what more could you ask for?
The staff are also just the best - attentive and always willing to help.
Have stayed in this hotel for many many years and cant fault the cleanliness its so lovely to sit and watch the world go by.
However the opening of cappucino is slightly confusing as you think its part of the hotel when really its seperate and their are certain areas for the Hotel Guests and other for the Cappucino Guests however saying this I hjave stayed at this hotel for over 12 years and would not hesitate to recommend it

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Emily A
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I stayed at the Sis Pins hotel for 3 nights late May as a single traveller, meeting up with my parents who were at a half board hotel round the corner.

The hotel staff were very helpful in making the booking even managing to find me a sea view room for 2 nights of the three and honouring the tripadvisor 10% discount. When I arrived the reception staff were again very friendly and helpful. The room I had was immaculately clean and very spacious with a view over the road at the back of the hotel. Breakfast was a fabulous experience with good food and sitting in the sun right on the edge of the promenade. I couldn't choose whether to look over the bay to the left or down the promenade to the right, both of which are stunning views., So I changed seats and did both!

I moved to a sea view room the second night - an extra cost but a fantastic view. The balcony got the shade in the evening and was great for reading on and looking out over the bay. The room was spacious again immaculately clean and very comfortable.

The breakfasts are very good with choice of english or continental. I tried the majorcan bread which was lovely. The waitresses also went out of their way to be friendly and helpful.

I'd say this is not really a family hotel, although the staff would make you very welcome. The reason I say this is in my personal view there isn't a lot for children above toddler age to do. My two lads are teeangers and they would be saying they were "bored" within minutes!! For couples, singles and friends it's a fabulous hotel and well worth the tripadvisor rating if not more.

Thanks for a great stay. Hope I win the weeks holiday for two competition.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank PhildeRed
Glossop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2012

My wife and I were looking at a holiday that was not too far away, we like small boutique style hotels and after some research into this decided to go to the Sis Pins, we were not disappointed.
It is in a fantastic location, right on the Pinewalk, the hotel itself was lovely, like old colonial style,
black and whte tiles, lovely furniture and very friendly staff. We read reviews on trip advisor and most were very good. We certainly had no complaints. We had a seaview room with a balcony(It is worth paying the extra) which was excellent, there was a complimentary bottle of wine when we arrived (nice touch) there was a fridge in the room so you can get some good wine and chill late on after eating in one of the good restraunts.The breakfast we really enjoyed and thanks to the girls serving it as they were very friendly and helpful. There is no pool but that is no problem as the sea is just steps away which is really nice, hardly any waves and very shallow and safe for swimming. People in other views complained about the Cafe attached, Cappucino, yes it is a little more expensive then the other restraunts/cafes but you get what you pay for, excellent drinks, food and very good service. Overall a fantastic holiday, Puerto Pollenca was lovely and we would recommend it to anybody that likes a quiet holiday, my only complaint is we weren't there long enough, we are planning on going back next.

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice but it is worth paying extra for a seavew room with balcony as there a coupl...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank mets-7
Dublin
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Recently stayed here. Terrace room wit see view. Luxury on a budget. Close to beach and restaurants. Friendly staff . Great breakfast. Would love to return. Great for friends or couples.

Room Tip: See view is lovely
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank gillocall
north staffs
Reviewed 20 May 2012

For us, the Sis Pins has always been a special place. A location to die for with wonderful views of the bay, hills and harbour. So sad then that the management have flogged off the main part of the frontage and sun terrace to the expensive, branded corporate experience that is Cappuccino. After 10.30 in the morning, the lovely area where you have enjoyed breakfast is taken over by these people with their exhorbitant prices, and all day irritating "mood" music, a CD of which they sell for 20 euros!! I know that you can sit here and not purchase anything but we tried it and it felt uncomfortable, as if we didn't belong there. Add all this to a lack of porterage, room service etc and the only conclusion is that the Sis Pins is a B&B and no more.
And now to our room. We were in 128, one of a group of rooms in the centre of the hotel and clustered around a courtyard below. All rooms have a patio, some bigger than others. Our room was large but a bit monastic with whitewashed walls and white bedspreads. Bathroom was excellent but a hairdryer would have been nice. There was no comfortable chair in the room, but we managed to utilise the patio furniture instead. Towels look a bit dated. Most were branded "Globespan" who were last here in 2009. Below our patio was a strange trampoline affair disguising the activities of the Cappuccino staff below who were prone to a quick fag between customers, the smoke from which reached our nostrils several times, and this in a no-smoking hotel, tut-tut.
Worse still was the constant noise from the hotel ventilation system, a bit like aircraft noise punctuated by the occasional whine of a circular saw. Rooms at the back seem to have their own noise issues. (lorries, bin-men etc.) Best rooms are without doubt at the front. If you can upgrade (we couldn't) supplement is 15 euros pppn.
I hate knocking this establishment which we have enjoyed so many times but until Cappuccino has gone we will not be returning. Management here ask you to only send good reviews to Tripadvisor which seems a bit presumptive to say the least.
Whilst in Puerto Pollensa, try and catch superb classical guitarist Mariano Miranda in the Daina bar on wednesday evenings.

Room Tip: Sea view or second floor at the back for mountain views and late sun.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
15 Thank jeffeardley
HotelSisPins, Owner at Sis Pins, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
I have just read our latest review and oh dear why didn't they come and see me when they were here at the hotel?
The Hotel Sis Pins is a very special hotel, full of charm and character, and right next to the sea.

We haven't, as the reviewer stated, "flogged off the main part of the frontage and sun terrace to the expensive, branded corporate experience that is Cappuccino" we have leased part of the area to Cappuccino. The reviewer also said that "after 10.30 in the morning, the lovely area where you have enjoyed breakfast is taken over by these people with their exorbitant prices, and all day irritating "mood" music, a CD of which they sell for 20 euros" Not many guests sit in the same position to hear the "mood music" all day, that's apart from me, as my office is right next to the breakfast area and I love the music, so much so i have bought the full set of CDs.
The reviewer also said that they felt uncomfortable sat there without purchasing anything. You don't have to purchase anything, but why didn't you have a drink or sit on our sun terrace next to the sea (that we haven't flogged off) and enjoy the sound of the waves and sun.

I will check room 128 but I like the white walls, they look clean and bright. The walls are not white washed like a monastery, but painted. All rooms should have a hairdryer. did you report the lack of one, to the reception? The strange trampoline affair was my idea and to be honest, I though it was a good idea, you are the only person who has complained about it (please check all the other reviews) It wasn't put there to hide the so called "disguising the activities of the Cappuccino staff below" but to hide the cases of drink etc. I will, now you have highlighted it, make sure that the smoking stops,. I will also check the ventilation noise

Cappuccino is here to stay, most people love the experience. Re me and management wanting guests to send good reviews, who wouldn't but I do also ask for guests who have problems to contact me. You didn't do this and I could of helped at the time of your stay.

Next time you are in the Port of Pollensa, call in and I buy you a coffee

Regards