“Perfect position, well run hotel with friendly staff”
Review of Sis Pins

Sis Pins
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Port de Pollenca
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

We always take a terrace room with sea view. Really cannot be beaten, umbrella, two sun beds and table and chairs. I do not know what you would pay for this in a 4 or 5 star hotel. The safe key, and towels are 10 euro each but is returnable when you hand them back. There is a bottle of wine and a bottle of water in the fridge on arrival. The hotel is kept very clean the staff are friendly and efficient. We were there ten days and the bed clothes were changed. Yes the Cappucinno prices are expensive but the hotel has no control over this and there are lots of places where you can have a nightcap. The front rooms are quite quiet, the French doors are double glazed and keep any noise out. Our TV picture was OK and UK channels are available. Mr Manager the plant at the front of the terraces could do with a trim.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Royalscott
HotelSisPins, Manager at Sis Pins, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thank you for your review and I would like to inform you that the plant at the front of the hotel will be trimmed this week.
Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 23 July 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Sis Pins earlier in July and have to say that this is a superb little hotel in one of, if not the, best positions on the Pine Walk in Puerto Pollensa.
Our room was actually at the back of the hotel on the second (top) floor, with views of the mountains in the distance. The hotel is one of the first in the town and so is quite old, but it is well looked after by the staff and management and so has bags of character. The beds are firm and comfortable, the storage in the room is more than adequate for two. The balcony is big enough to sit out on and enjoy an early morning cuppa or an evening glass of wine. But best of all, the air conditioning is ferocious! Which was greatly appreciated while we were there, as it was very hot and quite humid! The only down side with the rooms is that the walls are thin and so not very sound-proofed. As we discovered when one our neighbours tottered back in the early hours slamming doors and talking at full volume followed by wind-tunnel loud sneezes! Thanks!!!
The restaurant unfortunately we did not use as we were taking advantage of all the options on the Pine Walk, but the breakfasts were superb! Sitting on the edge of the sea having tea and toast was just fantastic!
It is a pretty hotel with a lido right by the sea that turns into a cocktail bar at night. We will almost certainly return and so should you. Yes, it’s old, yes it’s a bit creaky, but that’s character as far as we were concerned, it’s a truly lovely place to stay.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are obviously the best. But get a higher floor one!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

I agree that the walls are in some of the rooms a little thin and why people cannot be a little more considerate is beyond me, but you have given me an idea to leave a polite note in all the rooms.
We are very proud of our old and a bit creaky hotel, at first we thought you were talking about me and the hotel manage
Thanks for the review, hope to see you soon

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Sis Pins has always been a nice hotel & still is.

Under it's latest management it decided to give all maters other than the accomodation to a company, Cappuccino.
Unfortunately, they seem to work on the premise of a tarrif that is double what is reasonable....11 euros for a gin & tonic is typical which sadly means that when coming back in the evening as a matter of principle we are not prepared to pay double the price of what any good restaurant would charge.
If you fancy a cheeseburger & chips it will only cost you 15 euros, oh, did I forget to mention chips will be 3 euros extra.
Remarkably, they still manage to get plenty of customers.

I don't mind paying a bit over the top but this outfit are having a joke.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Iain M
HotelSisPins, Owner at Sis Pins, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thank you for your review but it seems to be all about Cappuccino which is not the same company as my hotel the Sis Pins and I can only speak as the joint owner of the Sis Pins but personally believe that the location of Cappuccino is the best in the Port, the quality of the food is chosen very carefully and the staff are very professional.

Cappuccino is big enough to stand up for themselves but I hate it when people miss quote things, for instance you stated that a Gin and Tonic at Cappuccino is €11 this is not correct, a Gin and Tonic at Cappuccino is €9.10 and this is with Bombay or Gordon’s gin. The other thing to mention is that the Gin is served at the table and you can decide when the waiter stops pouring the Gin, so if you were a Yorkshire Man like me, I would be getting plenty. A restaurant near to Cappuccino serves a brand of Gin I don’t know and their price is €8 so where you got the idea from that Cappuccino is double the price, I really don’t know!!!

Sounds like I have some financial stake in Cappuccino, but I haven’t, but you also stated that the cheeseburger and chips are €15 and the chips are €3 extra, I trust you meant that if you want an extra potion of chips, it would cost €3.20 because a cheeseburger at Cappuccino is €15.65 includes chips and also you actually get two cheeseburgers with chips, more than I can eat. I little tip to all you travellers, if you ever eat at any of the 15 or so Cappuccinos there are around Spain and beyond, do what I do and that is to ask for the children’s cheeseburger and chips, its one cheeseburger with chips, more than enough for me and only costs €6.90 and you get a free colouring book and pencils as well

When you’re holiday, treat yourself and have the best

Hotel Sis Pins
Managing Partner

Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed with my mum for a week staff very friendly and helpful. Hotel spotless . Breakfast lovely sat outside looking over the sea. No pool but doesn't matter as there is an area to sunbath next to the sea and could always get a bed . room very nice good size very comfy bed would definitely go back

• Stayed: July 2013
HotelSisPins, Owner at Sis Pins, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Geoff Hopkins ex Keighley

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We arrived at the Sis Pins from the back which was unimpressive but as we entered into the hotel we were very happy. Our room on the front had a balcony and sea view which was well worth paying extra for, the beds were firm but that suits us and for a change the pillows were great rather than those thin strips one usually gets in Spain. Plenty of hanging space and drawers. The terrace was perfect for sunbathing and the sea literally a few yards away. The reception staff were so helpful and friendly, giving us bus times to Pollenca (well worth a visit on Sunday for the amazing market)and to Soller and even the connections to Palma. First class service from waitresses at breakfast and maids. We thought the breakfast very good you could certainly have something different every day if you boxed clever with the English menu. Puerta Pollenca is a very busy resort with loads of restaurants but it is Very family orientated with lots of children which makes it a bit noisy (even middle class kids are noisy) I say this because it is not a cheap resort Cappucino as mentioned by other people is ridiculously overpriced. Would I go back probably not but it was a fantastic hotel and I would recommend it to anyone. I must mention the fact that it was our birthday whilst there (my partner and I share the same date) and the hotel put a bottle of champagne and a card in our room so extra stars for service there.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

First class hotel (10/10) for location, spotlessly clean, staff cannot do enough for you, room with balcony over looking marina is a must.
Against.... Cappuccino next door, very expensive for drinks and their music really does your head in. Non stop,they only want to sell their CD's but after 10 days no way would you buy.
Would we go back next year YES. are we going back next year YES Such a beautiful Hotel ( shame they don't have a residents bar)

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Enjoyed 1 week stay in Sis Pins hotel. Had a front room with balcony\ sea view and would definitely recommend that rather than a room at the back. Breakfast realy nice and relaxing. Music from the Cappuchino next door got on my nerves - not the volume but the repetition of the tunes from their "CD collection" . Think the hotel should really look at the need for its own bar. No way we would pay the prices at the Cappuchino bar.

I thought the staff were really friendly and helpful which is a great plus.

Overall would recommend the hotel and definitely recommend Puerto Pollenca

Room Tip: pick a front room overlooking the sea!