“Great week in Sis Pins”
Review of Sis Pins

Sis Pins
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Port de Pollenca
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Could not agree more with other reviewers about location, cleanliness, staff, breakfast buffet, reception, rooms----if you are looking for a peaceful relaxing week you could not do better!!
No pool but your own private area with free loungers and shade directly on beach opposite hotel--and I was in the sea which even in Oct. was warm
3 minor points
1. not being a great fan of "easy listening" the constant background Muzack did irk at times(its funny they seem quite proud of it and sell it for E20)
2. beds were very hard-could have done with a topper
3.If you were there for 2 weeks it could become rather expensive due to the lack of a restaurant ie no half board and having to eat out---don't eat in the associated Cappuccino café---very pricey for what you get

Room Tip: Its worth getting a balcony with sea view to wake up to
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelSisPins, Owner at Sis Pins, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for your excellent review, I have taken on board what you have said about the hardness of your mattress and I will look at the possibility of offering a soft topper as an option to our guests in the future, thanks for the idea.

Cappuccino music is a very successful story and I would be proud of the music if I were the one receiving the proceeds of the sale of CDs throughout the Cappuccino Group, its staggering the amount they sell. However it does get a little tedious when I am sat in my office, listening to the same music, looking out to the blue sea, watching all the hotel guests relaxing with a Gin and Tonic, it’s a tough job I have. Putting my little humour aside, I have now spoken to the manager and he assures me that they will alternate the music in the future and turn it down a little

And with reference to the hotel offering bed and breakfast, this seems to suit most people as there are so many good restaurants along the sea front in Pollensa and the hotel guests normally like to try them

Thanks again for the great review and look forward to seeing you again, and just to let you know we are now open all the year round

Reviewed 10 October 2013

As a customer of this hotel for the last 10 years I have seen a lot of changes but all for the better - The Hotel is situated right on the Vora Mar and has views to die for.
The staff are so welcoming and make you feel like your moving home for the holidays. The staff and maids always make time to say hello and cant fault the cleanliness of the facilities.
Waking up and eating breakfast watching the world go by with stunning sea views..............it does not get any better.
Paradise is the word.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emily A
HotelSisPins, Owner at Sis Pins, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Wow what a review, thank you, but I agree with you.

I live in the South West of the Island in Santa Ponsa and travelling to the Sis Pins each day is a pleasure, and when you reach the views of the Bay of Pollensa its like a different Island, paradise it is

Come back home soon, we miss you and as I am telling everyone we are staying open this winter, so hopefully we will see you soon

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We have been going to the Sis Pins for many years, often twice a year and are never disappointed. The staff are friendly and welcoming and genuinely seem happy in their job. In fact, the same staff have been there for years too! Breakfast has been steadily improving and the view is probably the best on the Pine walk. Little touches such as the free ice machine, a fridge in every room and no charge for towels, safety deposit box etc (small refundable deposit) make all the difference and play a big part in us choosing this particular hotel. The safety deposit box, by the way, is more than adequate to store an iPad or any other tablet. The free WiFi is adequate but struggles to reach the second floor. The location is superb - close to everything but far enough away to not be troubled with noise. The Cappuccino franchise which is a separate business but integrated into the hotel, is expensive but does add a touch of class to what is already a beautiful hotel. We have already booked for next year!

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are the best, especially the second floor but you have to book very early to secu...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Wonderful review, thank you very much. I am so proud of my staff they do a fantastic job, ok I will slow down now as if I say anymore they will be wanting more money and being a Yorkshire I get nervous

Thank you again and just to let you know we are staying open throughout the winter

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Each time we arrive at Sis Pins its like coming home. The friendliness and helpfulness of staff both reception and breakfast make each day special. This year we had problems with a car hire/police traffic check which was sorted out by Irene on reception with a smile and such efficiency that we had a fresh car delivered for next morning. For someone to go out of their way to help is not the norm these days. For the staff of this hotel it is part of what makes it so special.
The location on Pine Walk remains best in town, to breakfast overlooking the bay sets you up for the whole day and to come back to your freshly made up room each day a joy. See you next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jim p

If your review was a song it would be music to my hears, thank you very much.

See you soon and just to let you know we are staying open throughout the winter, so come enjoy some winter sun

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We had been expecting to leave a positive review but on the final day of our stay at the beginning of September we had cash and an ipad stolen from our room. We were not the only guests that had items stolen that day which suggested either staff or someone with access to the master key card had been involved. The safes in the room are the older key, rather then code, versions so make sure you get one when you check-in. We weren't told about it at check-in and didn't remember after. Saying that, the safes are small and you won't get an ipad in them anyway. What was surprising was the lack of follow up by the hotel, considering how good they had been during our stay. We heard nothing after leaving the hotel, and despite contacting them through their website, have still heard nothing. We know these things happen but considering the severity of the event (at the time we were told most rooms had been entered) and the fact that such an even was so incongruent with the general ambience of the hotel, we expected better customer service.

1  Thank PierreMontBlanc
HotelSisPins, Owner at Sis Pins, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Firstly may I say how sorry we are that your holiday was spoiled by such an unpleasant event.

We take great care with security and safety and thankfully incidents of this nature that happen in hotels worldwide are a very rare occurrence at our hotel.
I would like to point out that on the occasion you refer to three rooms were entered

The Hotel Sis Pins enjoys stability of staff and the majority of the staff employed have been at the hotel for at least 15 years.
The police do not suspect any hotel employees as several other establishments experienced break ins in the area in the same week.
Your comments about the safe do surprise me, every room is fitted with a safe which is operated with a key. Our guests have often commented how much they enjoy this system as it is simple and does not involve trying to remember a code.
As indicated on the information given to guests on arrival, and also explained in the welcome package in each room, keys for the safes are ready for collection from the Reception. The size of the safes are large enough to place an iPad inside and I personally always use the room safe everywhere I travel.

The hotel has not been negligent in any "follow up" as the incident had become a police matter and therefore the data protection law was enforced.
Hotel Sis Pins and myself take great care to ensure the best stay possible for our guests and are available at all times by the telephone numbers and e mail addresses indicated on the website.

Our guests return year after year and are most impressed by the personal attention they receive as you can read for yourself from our positive reviews on Tripadvisor.
Please feel free to contact me directly and once again I hope this unfortunate incident will not dissuade you from holidaying again on the beautiful island of Mallorca .

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We have just returned after a wonderful two weeks at this brilliant hotel which we visit twice every year. As always the staff are just so friendly and helpful, from Antonia and the reception staff to "The Breakfast Girls" who just start your day off with their lovely smiles and interaction. Not to be forgotten are the hardworking cleaners and maids who are always willing to help. The breakfast menu continues to improve each year with a very flexible cooked option to complement the varied continental offerings.

We had one small issue due to a misunderstanding which we raised with Geoff, the Managing Partner. This was solved immediately and Geoff made the effort to meet us personally when he was at the hotel to ensure that we were happy with the outcome, which we were - no problem is too small for the management to deal with.

We would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a quaint, friendly and clean establishment in a wonderful location overlooking the bay and the marina, just majestic when you open you curtains in the morning if you are lucky enough to have secured a sea view room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelSisPins, Owner at Sis Pins, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

What a wonderful review, thank you very much and I will pass on all your kind comments to all the staff

Hope to see you next year

Reviewed 6 October 2013

What's not to love about the Sis Pins. The location right on the sea front is amazing, staff are efficient and friendly and the rooms are comfortable, well appointed and clean.

As always we stayed in one of the rooms with a large balcony with its own sun loungers. There are only four of these rooms and they tend to book quickly; we've already confirmed to go back next year. The room we had was spacious and although some of the décor is getting a little old, we were very comfortable. As far as I know all of the rooms have air conditioning, kettle, fridge and a hairdryer. The beds are very comfortable.

We didn't use the sun terrace an awful lot, but when we did go down you could usually get a sun lounger somewhere if you're not too picky about where you are. Of course, there are the early morning risers that bag their spot and those that reserve a bed and don't use it. Although it wasn't an issue for us.

The breakfast provided on the terrace by Cappuccino is lovely. A good selection of hot food that is served at your table as well as a nice cold buffet table. It is so lovely being able to enjoy your breakfast looking out to the sea.

This was our third stay at the Sis Pins and we love it still. The staff are amazing and always obliging and happy to help. The sheer volume of repeat guests is testimony to the hard work that all of the Sis Pins put in.

Thanks for a great stay - see you next year!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cwagsg

What a marvellous review, I will pass on your wonderful comments to the staff, they very much deserve it.
I agree that some of the rooms need updating a little, I say a little because I love the character and charm of the rooms, all rooms have air conditioning

Re the sun loungers, if you have read my answers to some of the previous reviews, you will know it’s a topical subject at the moment and we have to find a fair solution to the problem for everyone, so I am on the case

Thank you again and hope to see you next year