I agree with the previous reviewer that this hotel does some things - in fact, most things - very well. It's extremely clean and I found the rooms comfortable - although I would have preferred a tiled floor and not carpet - but the furnishings were of pretty good quality and everything worked. I particularly appreciated the tea/coffee making tray, something I have never seen before in a Mallorcan hotel, and the free fridge - containing a complementary bottle of wine and one of water. These are really thoughtful touches. We had chosen to pay the extra for a sea-facing room with a terrace and this was delightful, with two full-length sun loungers as well as a table and chairs, and a canopy in addition to an umbrella to provide shade. We also enjoyed the breakfasts, which (unlike the Miramar) can be eaten outside on the terrace, before Cappuccino take it over for the rest of the day. There is a choice of buffet items - croissants, freshly baked bread, toast, ham and cheese - this isn't hugely extensive, but is perfectly acceptable - and we thought the freshly cooked breakfast was really good.
So far, so good. However... the main bugbear was indeed that music. This starts at around 9AM and is quite innocuous at that time - it can best be described as light classical, played at a low volume. But during the course of the day this seems to increase and frankly becomes more and more annoying, to the extent that we were forced to remove ourselves to neighbouring premises to escape it. Of course the Sis Pins aren't personally responsible for this, and it does seem to be an increasing trend - I noticed that several other seafront restaurants were doing the same thing. In the evening, if you're able to sit at the Cappuccino bar and have a drink (or a few drinks) it does become a bit more bearable as I think it's fair enough to make background music part of an evening out - but during the day, whilst enjoying the peace and quiet of the beach, it just seems wrong.
Another issue was that the music actually went on until midnight and not 11PM - possibly this was because it was Easter - but on one evening the balcony lights on the hotel were turned off at 11PM, so although we were unable to go to sleep because of the noise, we weren't able to sit out on our private balcony and enjoy the warmth of the evening either.
It's a shame, because the hotel is delightful and Cappuccino itself (though expensive) looks stunning and is a great addition to the Pine Walk. Could they not be persuaded to turn the music down?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located opposite the beach and near the centre of the resort, the Hotel Sis Pins is without doubt one of the most charming hotels in Puerto Pollensa. British owned, our team of friendly, professional staff will ensure that you receive a warm welcome and are well cared for during your holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sis Pins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sis Pins Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Sis Pins Port De Pollenca
- Sis Pins Majorca/Port De Pollenca