“Here I am again looking forward to spending another Birthday at Sis Pins”
Review of Sis Pins

Sis Pins
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Port de Pollenca
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Here I am again looking forward to spending another Birthday at Sis Pins”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We just popped in to see the staff whilst staying in Palma in April. I wanted to stay. I really love this Hotel, the staff and the location. This will be our first visit this year, but we are coming again in August. If the airlines would allow I would come in the winter too. We visited last year in November, wonderful. Really looking forward to spending another Birthday at this little gem. Having been now and having had a wonderful time I would like to comment on some other reviews. We have had a terrace a balcony and a juliet balcony room. We don't go to bed particularly late and have our windows open. We have never been disturbed by Cappaccino. This last visit we arrived after being delayed and the lovely staff at Cappaccino were clearing up. It was 135 in the morning and no music was on. This was the end of June. They together with the night porter welcomed us. We as usual felt straight away at home. I am looking forward to our visit in August/September. Nothing is too much trouble for all the staff at Sis Pins and the staff at Cappaccino too. Sending you all a big hug!

Room Tip: We have had sea view and inner rooms. We loved both. Not stayed at the rear so cannot comment.
1 Thank geenabeena
HotelSisPins, Owner at Sis Pins, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for a wonderful review and we look forward to your return soon. Everything has been said about Cappuccino before but I have just returned from Barcelona where I spent a few days and I must say that it’s a fantastic city to go but very noisy until late and I wish I could convince Mr Cappuccino to open a Grand Café there, because I didn’t find anywhere as good as our own Sis Pins Cappuccino.

Your Gin and Tonic at the sea edge table is waiting for you

Geoff Hopkins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
warrington
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Recently returned from a short break at Sis Pins - this hotel is great and will definitely return in the near future. The location, of the hotel, in delightful Puerto Pollensa, is absolutely fantastic, as is the cleanliness. All the staff were very helpful. Breakfast is very good with a buffet or hot option available - fresh tomatoes would make it even better but this is a minor point.

The Cappuccino Bar Cafe is on the same site - it is pricey but the quality is very good, there is a steady stream of chill out music coming from it which may annoy some people - didn't really bother me as it tended to be quite good and is pretty discreet.

All in all a very well run hotel in a great location, sea view room obviously preferable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marjoriem
HotelSisPins, Owner at Sis Pins, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
What a wonderful review thank you and I will make sure all the staff know of your comments, re the tomatoes we only serve fresh but maybe one day we serve tinned, I will investigate, I am very surprised as we try and use as much local produce as possible

Hopefully we will see you soon

Lancashire
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from 9ay break at the Sis Pins .
The breakfast is served in the most idyllic setting right on the pine walk ,where you can have continental
or a cooked breakfast ...

A hotel is only as good has its staff, so whoever is doing the recruiting , TAKE A BOW ...

I will be booking again for next year as soon as possible ....

I will be booking for next year

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Lancsrover
HotelSisPins, Owner at Sis Pins, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Super review thank you very much and I would love to take the bow but its Mateo who deserves the credit and I will pass on to him and all our staff your comments

Hope to see you next year

barrow in furness
Reviewed 9 July 2014

just had a wonderful holiday at sis pins i strongly recommend this hotel if staying in puerto pollensa great breakfast friendly staff a wonderful location well done all the team at sis pins see you all next year
mike and jackie rollinson

2 Thank rolloBarrowInFurness
HotelSisPins, Owner at Sis Pins, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you next year

Fareham
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have always wanted an opportunity to stay here and after many visits to Puerto Pollenca we finally made it this July (2014). We stayed in room 115, a first floor room with a balcony (as against Terrace) directly over the now outsourced Bar / Cafe.

The hotel is perfectly positioned in the pedestrianised area of the promenade a very short distance to the lovely Pine Walk. The beach area in front of the property is laid to a large stone patio with 70 + beds on it - free and for the exclusive use of the hotel guests. Breakfast is served under brollies immediately in front of the property and has an extensive menu including a full cooked english breakfast too. Excellent.

Catering through the rest of the day is handled by the franchisee "Cappuccino" who now manage the kitchen, and the bars in the hotel and on the beach. Residents can continue to use these facilities without any compulsion to buy anything. Although I didn't do any proper survey it did seem Cappuccino's prices were much higher than all their competitors. Nevertheless they are very popular - indeed far too popular (more of this later)

The indoor common areas of the hotel are very pleasant and well cared for. Free Wi-Fi only works downstairs in the lobby and on the terrace outside but it is fine for email etc. There is also an hotel PC there connected to a printer - perfect for printing boarding cards etc. Our room was kept spotlessly clean. The TV has proper English channels if you ned to keep up with the news etc. The fridge is a decent size. The ice box is able to hold a cool block and there is plenty of room for bottles of milk, wine or beer. This is the upside of the bar outsource to Cappuccino - the proprietors of the hotel have no vested interest in where their patrons buy their drinks.

Rooms: On the first floor, viewed from the outside front starting from the left there are 4 rooms with delightful, large terraces complete with brollies and furniture. Although I haven't seen inside one I would jump at the chance of taking one of these, particularly as they are only 6 Euros a day more than those with just balconies and they are most distant from the racket made by the awful muzac in Cappuccino at the right hand end under room 115. Although all the neighbouring establishments seem to close up at midnight Cappuccino persist on to 1 am. The next 4 rooms ending with 115 have very nice small balconies with a small table and full size high backed chairs. 7 of the rooms on the second floor have the same balconies. Another 1 or maybe 2 on that floor only have Juliet balconies.

On the face of it the room prices are a little high but when the quality of breakfast, the free conveniently placed sun beds (making effectively a private beach) the free internet and the practicality of the in room fridge are taken into account one wouldn't want to use its neighbours instead. The enormous downside that will prevent us ever returning is the exhausting, unnecessary noise from the bar running so late in the night. Such a shame!

Room Tip: Avoid 115, 116, 117 - go for 2nd floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Quintus5
HotelSisPins, Owner at Sis Pins, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for what is generally a good review and I can only apologise for the music being played later than normal, normally it is allowed until midnight which suits most people as the Port de Pollensa being a holiday resort people tend to go to bed later than normal.
I already spoken to the manager of our business partners Cappuccino and he has assured me that the music will be switched off at the latest of midnight and I will also make sure that the music is also turned down as well.

We do have a vested interest in Cappuccino doing well, they are not a franchise but we have an agreement with them to operate their business from our premises, including part of our kitchen, in return for an income. If they were not to do well, we might lose the income, having said that they have to obey certain rules.
I can assure you I am on the case and if you were to try our hotel again, I will also assure you that you would sleep well

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We have just returned from a week at the Sis Pins. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous, so charming and quaint and such a refreshing change from a hospital style soulless place! the staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. nothing was too much trouble for any of them, most spoke fluent English, and always polite and cheerful.
The room was small, but immaculately cleaned every day, and is just a base to rest your head. the only think I will say, and I knew about already is that the rooms on the back - are very very noisy. I am a light sleeper, and I was woken every day between 5:30 and 6am by the bin men or the street sweepers. The balcony in the rooms on the back is pretty much pointless, because the traffic and buses going past make it impossible to enjoy any time out there, so we used it just to hang out the beach towels. The only other small gripe was with the air con. there was a note in the room to leave doors and shutters closed whilst using it to prevent leaking. (logical). However, it didn't prevent leaking, and given that it was directly above the mirror in the room, it was a bit of hit and miss as to whether or not you could get your lippy on without getting a face full of air con water! this is the only reason I have not given this hotel 4 stars.
The location was absolutely perfect, good strolls in all directions in the evening. Breakfast was served on the front and there was a wide choice and a lovely way to start the day. Only had 1 drink in the Cappuccino bar as it was very expensive, especially when so much choice literally feet away, it seemed a bit excessive.
would not hesitate to come back - but we would wait until we could book a room not on the back of the hotel, and preferably with non leaking air-con, then this would undoubtedly be a 5* review! if you're hesitating though - book it now! the location and Puerto Pollensa itself are absolute perfection, and the Sis Pins is one of the nicest hotels we saw all week, very glad we stayed!
only other thing I will say is the sunloungers out the front of the hotel, may be free but are quite tightly packed in, so no room to manoeuvre according to sun/shade, with only some fixed large umbrellas; and they were packed up in the evening to make more room for Cappuccino tables. We paid the 12.50 euros a day to go a little up from the hotel on to an actual beach, where there was space and a bit more privacy. Well worth it!!

Room Tip: if you can (as booked in advance) get a room on the front, or even In the middle overlooking the cou...
HotelSisPins, Owner at Sis Pins, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Wonderful review thank you very much and your points are noted including the air conditioning which has now been repaired, and I apologise for the inconvenience that this might have caused

Bedford
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We visited port de pollenca 2 years ago and came across Sis Pins and the Cappuccino grand cafe. Sis pins is such a sweet little hotel and does exactly what is says on the tin. Yes it's not a 5* flash hotel but that's what I love most about it I think. We had a room at the back of the hotel, yes a tad noisy but nothing my ear plugs didn't sort out! Rooms basic but very clean and just somewhere to rest your head. Breakfast was delicious, both continental and full English was available. Staff very friendly too. Free wifi also a bonus. Private terrace in front of the sea for sis pins guests only, just a hop and a skip and you're on the beach. Pollenca is how I remember the med 40 odd years ago. We ate lunch at the cappuccino grand cafe, food, wine service amazing but that comes with a price. I would not hesitate to stay at the sis pins, it's a little hidden gem with a hint of 1950's decadence about it! Loved the black and white pics in the hotel of port de pollenca and the hotel from the 50's too! Hint for a restaurant...you must try can cuarassa! €7 in a cab!! Beautiful food and service! Book and enjoy!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Johnsons_8
HotelSisPins, Owner at Sis Pins, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Go back in time, back to the 50s when customer services meant something and that’s what we try to do today, do the best we can.

I remember when I first came to Port de Pollensa in the early seventies and going inside the Sis Pins and thinking we must book here for next year only to find when tried we had left it too late, it was fully booked, and some things never change

I also like the restaurant C’an Cuarassa, which I believe is owned by the same people who owned the Stay Restaurant here in the Port de Pollensa

Thank you for your excellent review and we look forward to seeing you again