“Excellent Excellent Excellent”
Review of Sis Pins

Sis Pins
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Port de Pollenca
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Recently back from a week at the Sis Pins and I just had to spread the word about this charming hotel. We had a fantastic time and this hotel is wonderful. We were lucky enough to be given one of the four rooms with a sea view terrace and the view over the bay is just beautiful, it could have been the room that Agatha Christie used during her stay here it was so perfect. Our room was spotless with everything you could need, including tea and coffee facilities, air con, hair dryer,tv, most importantly a fridge to keep your drinks cool and even an ice machine in the corridor. There is a lovely lounge area inside the hotel and the all the staff are friendly and very helpful. Breakfast is served outside on the front terrace and is of outstanding quality. The hotel is in the perfect location for exploring Port de Pollenca. The sun terrace at the front of the hotel was very handy for a dip in the sea, we loved feeding the friendly fish in the crystal clear blue waters. Not having to pay for sun loungers on the beach was a bonus. Use of the safe in the room was at no additional charge, just a refundable deposit for the key. I loved the photos of the hotel and Port de Pollenca from the 1950/60's displayed in our room and the corridors, a nice touch. We loved everything about the Sis Pins with its oldy worldy charm, and will certainly be returning some time soon. Thank you for making our holiday special.

Room Tip: Sea view every time.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hodgepodge16
HotelSisPins, Owner at Sis Pins, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

I am sure sometimes people think I write some of these reviews, but I don’t, however if I did I would write one like this.

Thank you very much its very much appreciated

Hope to see you soon

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I was not going to write a review this year as it is getting harder and harder to obtain a booking. Could it be the location, right on the start of the Pine Walk and close to the town. Could it be the excellent staff from the cleaners who keep the hotel spotless to the Waitresses who serve the excellent breakfast, to the handyman who keeps everything in top top condition, Could it be the great sun terrace with plenty of sun beds, right on the sea front. Or just because people know a good thing when they find it and keep coming back year after year. This does not happen by chance, so all credit to the Manager. I have noticed that comments placed in reviews get investigated and some changes are made, eg. A discount at the Cappuccino and improvements to the Breakfast menu. (could you look at adding poached eggs please ) We were in a room above the entrance and were not troubled by noise at night, so no problems on this count. If you find the Cappuccino too expensive there is a great Deli just round the corner called Al Fresco, just opened about 6 weeks, fabulous fresh food, made up as you wait, and you can eat in. Just to be sure of our favourite room we have joined the regulars and booked again for next year before we left.

Stayed: July 2014

It’s the same for me with writing responses to review, it’s all been said before and we get so many fabulous reviews, I am lost for words but very proud of what we do here. The staff are a major part of it, in all my years of different businesses these people including the manager are the best.

I will look into the possibility of offering poached eggs, can’t be that difficult to fit in the breakfast havoc of a morning

Thank you for all your kind words and I will pass on your comments

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Just back from 11 wonderful days at Sis Pins. We have stayed in Port de Pollenca many times and always enjoy our holiday but this one, the first at Sis Pins, was the best ever. The hotel staff were all brilliant and very helpful. The breakfast amazing, sitting on the terrace people watching and enjoying the lovely food and plentiful tea and coffee started each day perfectly. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and although we unfortunately did not have a balcony or terrace the air conditioning kept us comfortable. The fridge as a bonus too as we could keep drinks cool. We really can't wait for our next holiday at Sis Pins, thank you nto all who helped make it so special.

Room Tip: Sea view a bonus, but all rooms very comfortable
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sue J

Thank you for a wonderful review and I will pass on your comments to all the staff
Hope to see you back here soon

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This hotel cannot be beaten for location.
It is fairly central with an excellent view over the bay....there is nothing better than having breakfast sitting outside the hotel watching the boats bobble about in the bay.
The rooms are fairly standard & spotlessly clean.
Special mention should also go to the friendly & efficient staff.

The hotel has twinned up with Cappuccino who have brought a very smart look to the front of the hotel but unfortunately have also brought outrageous prices with them to the extent that the preference is to lunch or have drinks elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Iain M
HotelSisPins, Owner at Sis Pins, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Excellent review thank you, it is very much appreciated and I agree what a wonderful place to eat breakfast and enjoy a glass of fresh orange juice whilst watching the world go by. The Pollensa bay is a beautiful bay and each day when I arrive at the hotel I can’t think of a better place to be, we are very lucky.
The Cappuccino prices have been discussed before and you only get what you pay for, but this year we have introduced a special lunch and dinner price which gives the hotel guests up to 30% discount on normal prices by simply showing their room card.
Most guests whilst on holiday sample the other bars and restaurants we have in the Port de Pollensa but it’s nice to spoil yourself every so often at Cappuccino, after all you are on holiday!!!

Hope to see you soon

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Just back from 2 weeks at Sis Pins . Brilliant as usual .Really good and varied breakfast on the terrace and you can watch the world go by while you graze ! Room as clean and well kept as usual . The staff are all exceptional ,very well trained, helpful and dedicated . It is a privelege to now know most of them personally .The sea view rooms are stunning we are all booked up for October this year and three visits next year ! Sun Terrace is great and the whole town is easy to access for a scooter or wheelchair. The Cafe Cappochino is very handy for drinks light meals and dinner but there is no pressure to use that facility .The Cafe staff are all wekl trained and friendly . we cannot have favourites but the staff on reception and the breakfast gang are all just great .We cannot wait to return

Room Tip: if you want one of the best views in the world book a sea view room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank m_w_wilson404
HotelSisPins, Owner at Sis Pins, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

I will pass on your wonderful comments to the staff and well deserved they are too, it’s a pleasure to serve you and your charming wife

See you soon

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We just popped in to see the staff whilst staying in Palma in April. I wanted to stay. I really love this Hotel, the staff and the location. This will be our first visit this year, but we are coming again in August. If the airlines would allow I would come in the winter too. We visited last year in November, wonderful. Really looking forward to spending another Birthday at this little gem. Having been now and having had a wonderful time I would like to comment on some other reviews. We have had a terrace a balcony and a juliet balcony room. We don't go to bed particularly late and have our windows open. We have never been disturbed by Cappaccino. This last visit we arrived after being delayed and the lovely staff at Cappaccino were clearing up. It was 135 in the morning and no music was on. This was the end of June. They together with the night porter welcomed us. We as usual felt straight away at home. I am looking forward to our visit in August/September. Nothing is too much trouble for all the staff at Sis Pins and the staff at Cappaccino too. Sending you all a big hug!

Room Tip: We have had sea view and inner rooms. We loved both. Not stayed at the rear so cannot comment.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank geenabeena
HotelSisPins, Owner at Sis Pins, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for a wonderful review and we look forward to your return soon. Everything has been said about Cappuccino before but I have just returned from Barcelona where I spent a few days and I must say that it’s a fantastic city to go but very noisy until late and I wish I could convince Mr Cappuccino to open a Grand Café there, because I didn’t find anywhere as good as our own Sis Pins Cappuccino.

Your Gin and Tonic at the sea edge table is waiting for you

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Recently returned from a short break at Sis Pins - this hotel is great and will definitely return in the near future. The location, of the hotel, in delightful Puerto Pollensa, is absolutely fantastic, as is the cleanliness. All the staff were very helpful. Breakfast is very good with a buffet or hot option available - fresh tomatoes would make it even better but this is a minor point.

The Cappuccino Bar Cafe is on the same site - it is pricey but the quality is very good, there is a steady stream of chill out music coming from it which may annoy some people - didn't really bother me as it tended to be quite good and is pretty discreet.

All in all a very well run hotel in a great location, sea view room obviously preferable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marjoriem
HotelSisPins, Owner at Sis Pins, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

What a wonderful review thank you and I will make sure all the staff know of your comments, re the tomatoes we only serve fresh but maybe one day we serve tinned, I will investigate, I am very surprised as we try and use as much local produce as possible

Hopefully we will see you soon