“Marion”

Puerto Azul Suite Hotel
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Port de Pollenca
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My husband and I have just returned from 10 days at the Azul and have had a wonderful stay.
For value for money this hotel would be hard to beat. The location is ideal, and yes the hotel is dated but it is kept immacuatley clean. The pool is large and well maintained, the staff in all areas are amazing.............3 star it definately is...plus.......GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY .

Room Tip: Take a kettle......
There are newer reviews for Puerto Azul Suite Hotel

Reviewed 23 September 2013

This was our first visit to Port De Pollenca and to the Puerto Azul Suite Hotel. We were not disappointed, as our room, which was on the ground floor, was clean and comfortable. Our living area had patio doors opening onto what I suppose could be described as a private garden area. There was a mountain view and a main street in front of us which was screened by some lovely flowering bushes. In the day time the traffic was quite busy but we heard no traffic noise at night. We paid for the fridge to be connected at the cost of 2euros and 50 cents per day, which we didn't think was too bad. The double bed was two singles put together and they were very low, but quite comfortable, once you got used to them. Apparently as mentioned in other reviews, the rooms are due for an upgrade next year, with all the old cooking facilities being taken out and a total refurbishment programme put into operation, so this should smarten the place up quite a bit.

We found all the staff to be very friendly and efficient with a smile for everyone. The dining room was spotless and well presented with a nice relaxed atmosphere whilst we were there and the staff were very cheerful and friendly. The food on the other hand was very average and although there seemed to be quite a good choice, it was not to our liking. Soups were always hot and tasty with delicious warm rolls, but the main dishes left a lot to be desired. The desserts were a definite let down, but there was always a nice selection of fresh fruit on offer. The breakfasts on the other hand were quite delicious and some of the best we have tasted and although I usually only have one cooked breakfast whilst I am away, I did indulge in a cooked breakfast every day which is quite rare for me.
The pool area is very nice and clean with lots of sun loungers available at any time of the day, but this may not be the case during the school holidays. The clientele at the hotel were a mix of all age groups, with young couples with babies and toddlers, to middle aged and more mature couples and I would say they were 99.9% British. The Animation Team worked hard all week trying to entice people to join in the activities round the pool, but they did not pester you if you said no to the bingo and quizzes every day.
We did not use the poolside snack bar so cannot comment on the food or drinks there, but we found the bar prices in the lounge area to be very reasonable and there was a price list on the tables so you knew what you would be paying. The evening entertainment was very poor, but the team did work their socks off trying their best and the youngsters seemed to enjoy their mini disco, but as they say, you will never please all of the people all of the time.
All in all we enjoyed our holiday and thought the resort and position of the hotel was very nice. It is very close to a small sandy beach which is ideal for children and there are literally hundreds of eating places and bars within a few minutes walk. There is another larger beach about ten minutes walk away along with a few shops.

Room Tip: A third floor room overlooking the pool would probably be a good bet.
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We have just returned home having spent two weeks at this Hotel , I have to say we were worried after reading some of the reviews but we had a great time,, the hotel was lovely the rooms were clean, there is a safe in the room you have to pay extra for that which we didn't agree will having already payed for the room , all the staff were kind and helpful and if there was a problem the manger was very approachable and happy to sort things out , the food was good , breakfast you could have a fry up and with fried bread and the evening meal plenty to choose from the deserts were ok to , this hotel is under refurbishment and next year it will be a four star

1  Thank Jane S
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Do not book into room C106.My husband and I endured many disturbed nights due to a continual hum from ducting tubes ajacent to our room and a clattering from a service lift.When we requested a move to another room we were told theres was no chance for at least three nights.The room needed a complete refurb. I would not have wanted to use the 50s/60s kitchen even if there was crockery and utensils available.Cost for use of fridge £15 per week.Cost of safe £15 per week. On a positive note the proximity of the hotel to the delightful Pine Walk along the waters edge would take some beating

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I felt the need to leave a review due to all of the bad comments. Myself, my husband and my 4 year old twins spent 4 nights at the Azul in September and as the reviews have been so mixed we were unsure what to expect. I do understand many of the comments on here but have to say that we had a fantastic stay. This hotel itself is really clean and well set out and the location is amazing. The pool is perfect for young kids as they are graduated in depth which meant that rather than only having the option of a shallow baby pool or a pool thats too deep to let them play in there was something in between. The rooms were large and very clean but they are dated and I have read they are dealing with over the next year. The food didn't really suit me as I don't eat meat so options were limited but my husband and kids were happy with it and as the half board is so cheap then we would have been happy to eat out some evenings if we had been staying longer (though the kids would have missed all of their lovely dining companions). The entertainment was fine - my kids loved the mini disco and we found the animation team to be friendly and fun. One of the best things about the Azul is the staff - they were all so friendly and helpful and the manager was always around keeping himself visible and was happy to talk to the guests. This isn't a luxury hotel - it's quite basic but its clean, comfortable and very good value and thats what we were after. We are already looking in to returning next year. Thank you to all of the staff at the Azul.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Emsiep0ps
Reviewed 17 September 2013

we have just returned from this hotel how they can rate it 3star I will never know . it needs a total refurb .the showers are hopeless breakfast is fine don't bother with eve meal unless you like chicken drumsticks done many different ways sweets jelly or something like angel delight yuk entertainment well my 9yr old granddaughter could entertain you more .port de pollenca is a lovely resort we would go back there but not to this hotel

4  Thank joy b
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Had a great time. Hotel good value for money, very clean, loads of sunbeds (albeit beginning Sept 2013 so not sure what it would be like during school holidays), all staff very friendly (especially Dom on reception) and could not do enough for you. Could only book half board and only really wanted B&B so only dined in hotel on one evening but so resonably priced that could afford to do this and food was good. Ate breakfast every day and good selection and always piping hot and fresh. Rooms were originally self-catering apartments so very spacious however had to pay extra for kettle (incuded cups) and fridge but well worth it. I also took lightweight plastic cutlery and plates with me which came in handy and as so cheap left them in hotel room. The best thing of all was that the daytime entertainment was infrequent and low key and background music round the pool was very low which made a change from previous accommodation I had stayed in and was a refreshing change. This meant that we stayed round the pool rather than go to beach however you must experience the beach at Puerto Pollensa as hard to beat anywhere in the world and fish friendly too!

Room Tip: Try and get room on top floor so don't get noise from room above. Also a room facing pool is nic...
1  Thank MrsRego