“waste of time and money”

TRACY
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“waste of time and money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

it was just waste of time and money. I would prefer to take a walk next time. It wasn't scary at all

Visited December 2013

Corona, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“So Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

We had such a good time on this tour. It was fun hearing all the stories and getting the goose bumps. It was really nice walking around the town in the evening as well. Go with an open mind and you will have alot of fun.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank drake23_10
highland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Historically Documented Facts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

I just returned from Catalina and the Ghost Tour was an unexpected highlight. Our guide, Scott, was highly informative and relayed intriguing facts, maintaining our interest. We did not perceive the information to be sensationalized at all, but relevant to Avalon's history.

On my last day in Avalon, I toured the Casino Theatre and was expecting some affirmation of the paranormal activity that was suggested on the Ghost Tour, but was disappointed when my Casino Tour guide, speaking on behalf of herself and a coworker who's worked there for 17 years, said that she didn't believe in ghosts. Another employee present during the Casino tour happened to scoff regarding the existence of ghosts, too. So it's strangely interesting how diverse opinions can be within a tourist community that promotes its historical value.

I've had personal experiences, but have not yet determined if they were paranormal or psychological in nature. The human brain is complex.

Nonetheless, I highly recommend the Ghost Tour especially at the beginning of your stay if you are staying multiple nights as it gives you a different way of looking at Avalon for the remainder of your time there. You will also be presented with a variety of theories to consider rather than an embellishment of data.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank rebecca l
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

Wife and I honeymooned it at Catalina and we decided to take the tour. I haft to say we both loved it. We ever come back to. The island we will. Take the tour again the tour guide was nice funny and gave a lot of info about the island well worth the money.

1 Thank jimmyC8
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“What a waste of our money and our time!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2010

The tour was a waste of our money and our time. In fact, it was the only thing we did that I felt was a scam. The website, the Catalina Chamber of Commerce website, is vey misleading in regard to this tour.

The guide was a teenager who was not familar with the history of the island, nor very familiar with the ghost stories he was supposed to be telling. We advised other visitors of our experience so they would not waste their money either.

Otherwise, the activtities on the island were quite good. The Ghost Tour was the only event that was sadly disappointing.

12 Thank Anton86