“Rural treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Girodibacco

Girodibacco
Reserve with
Girodibacco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$27 - US$37
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Rural treasure”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

On our way from Pisa Airport we were looking for somewhere to have lunch and this restaurant looked inviting. There were only a few other diners when we arrived. We were seated right away and given very extensive menus. We all chose to have a starter and a main course. Our waiter suggested a pasta dish which was like ravioli with ragut sauce and fish for mains. Both courses were scrumptious as well as a local red wine to accompany our meal. The bill was reasonable for such a delicious meal. We were staying locally for one week and decided one lunchtime to return to this restaurant. On this occasion, the waiter suggested that we try the mushrooms which had just been delivered. They were so tasty. again we had a bottle of local red wine which was very smooth. We were also given a taste of homemade bread with dips at no cost and on our way out the owner of the restaurant gave us some tips and booklets on local places of interest. A delightful meal in a rural setting.

• Visited July 2014

Ormond Beach, Florida
“"One of the worst Italian restaurants we have ever been to"”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We went to this restaurant on the advice of the concierge at the five star villas we were staying. When we arrived we were seated right away. We looked at the menu and we're not impressed. We ordered a bottle of wine from the menu but after a 20 minute wait we were told that they did not have that wine in stock. After another 10 minute wait they brought us a bottle of wine and were told that it was equivalent to the wine we ordered. We drank about a half a glass each and left the remainder of the bottle.
We tried to place our order the owner would not even allow us to have a pasta with our dish.
We had their house dish which was supposed to be a top quality grilled steak with vegetables for 2. We advise the waitress that one of the steaks needed to be medium and the other one needed to be well done. When they arrived the steaks were so raw they were still mooing. The vegetables for nothing more then a green slim. The service and attitude of the staff was appalling and we did not enjoy ourselves at all. We would not recommend this restaurant to any individuals going for a good dinner.

3 Thank Neil B
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Mmmmm”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I wish we'd had time and space for a full meal here. Just called in for "lunch/filler" on our way to a wedding, so we didn't have a full meal, however what we did have was superb. A selection of homemade breads that had oomph (Their caraway seed loaf was excellent) I had the rabbit with pasta and salad. Flavours of the Tuscan countryside washed down with a beer. I'm also sad to say I didn't partake of the great selection of wines they had. If I'm ever passing by again... I won't. If you are ... don't. Simple food, open and airy surroundings and value for money. A special mention for the waitress who looked after us, I wish I knew your name, but thanks again for your service and smiles, from both my wife and me.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Mike S
London, United Kingdom
“Great local food with a friendly face”
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

We went here for supper with our son and daughter in law and one year old granddaughter and received a very warm welcome. We really wanted a table outside to see the lovely summer sunset, and although all the tables were reserved, they agreed to give us a table there on condition that we would move indoors if we were not finished by the time someone needed it. With Italian timekeeping that proved not to be a problem!

The food was excellent - the pasta fresh and tasty regional dishes. The tiramisu got the seal of approval from my daughter in law, and even my little granddaughter scoffed all her ravioli. The Tuscan wine was reasonable and very palatable.

All in all a great place for authentic Tuscan cuisine at a reasonable price - about 160€ for us all.

Visited August 2013
Metz, France
“LOVED it.”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Food was delicious and the Service was great. The staff spoke english which was better than my broken Italian! I visited twice on my way into Londa and the way back. I will go back if Im ever close again!

• Visited April 2013