See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 October 2015

The staff at breakfast were helpful - particularly the lady wearing pink. The views from my room were OK...That is all I can say good about this place.

Ok now lets get on to the bad stuff -

1. I went to reception as the heating in my room was not working...No heating in the whole of Barberino until 1 Oct. This was the end of September and starting to get pretty cold in Tuscany.

2. No iron or ironing board. I went down one night to ask and was told come back in the morning as they did not have access to them. I went back the next morning "No irons in Barberino" is the response I got...are you kidding me?!

3. The draft coming through in to the room was ridiculous even through the shutter and the window/door being closed.

4. TV positioned on the wall so you can only see half of it when lying in bed.

5. Breakfast standard poor European breakfast for a below par hotel.

6. Wifi extremely poor.

I would NEVER stay here again even though it is the most convenient for my place of business whilst travelling. I'd rather just have the 45min commute back and forth to Florence every day.

Extremely poor service and having to sleep in a hooded top because the room is so cold is absolutely inexcusable.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2014

I accompanied my son who was racing at the Mugello circuit. From the entrance, hotel looks dated but being optimistic, I value the cleanliness of the rooms and the dedication of an F&B staff who was juggling around various beverage demands at breakfast. Common folks, it's a budget hotel in the middle of nowhere, what can you expect? Reception tries their best to help you despite most of them being Italian lingual. Room doors shutting and opening can be pretty noisy at nights. My main attraction here were the hills and valleys that surrounds it and the breathtaking Bilancino lake nearby. Breakfast choices are
average but enough to go by.

• Stayed: September 2014
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Ha Ha! Stayed here as part of a trip with Focus events. Agree with other reviews, this is a good base for Motogp or track days for Mugello but that's all.

Very basic, staff were great. Breakfast urgh.

Plenty of restaruants around but brush up on your Italian otherwise who knows what you might end up with.

Good points: Clean, good surrounding restaurants

Bad points: Great views of (3) motorways lol, bar area terrible (tiny, served awful teeny warm cans of beer and teenier bottles of wine), plenty of free crisps and nuts mind. Not great for us ladies accompanying the husbands on track day events.

Think we'll stay in Florence next time but the fawlty towers aspect of this hotel made it memorable.

Room Tip: Doubt there is a good room! Very basic.
Reviewed 18 September 2013

When I first saw the hotel in the organisers brochure (Focused Events), I conditioned myself not to expect much as it seemed like budget accommodation and I was correct.

The hotel is well suited for an overnight stay or stretching it three nights, as it delivers basic accommodation in an acceptable manner. The room and toilet with a good shower was clean and serviced well every day.

The breakfast choice was terrible, but the quality was not bad consisting of ingredients to make a cheese and hame rolls, cereal or if you fancied a sweet bun or fruit.

There is not that much locally that can be reached on foot, we found the local bar had a restaurant which served excellent home cooking and used that throughout our stay. We eat at the restaurant Marisa the first day and found it expensive without justification.

If you want to commit holiday sacrilege, there is a McDonalds nearby

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights with a group for the Mugello Circuit., I decided to accompany my husband on one of his trips to see what it was all about.

The hotel was booked as part of the package but it would not have been my choice of hotel. It is situated just off a motorway so good access to the circuit (about 20 minutes in the car) and thats about all it has going for it. The hotel needs modernising and refurbishing as it is very tired and on first impressions when you drive off the motorway is disbelief you are staying there. Rooms are dated but clean. Bathroom smelt slightly so that you have to leave the plug in the sink to avoid the smell coming into the room. I asked at reception about borrowing an iron to be told they didn’t have any. This was the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in with doors banging constantly all day and night, even from the basement of the hotel! You definitely need to take your ear plugs.

Breakfast was dire – only hot drink was coffee, you had to ask if you wanted tea. Limited choice of cereals. Loads of rock hard rolls to choose from if you wanted to break your teeth. There were mounds of sweet pastries and cakes on offer which we avoided as they looked like sugar had been ‘glazed’ all over them. Small offerings of cheese and cold meats.

The hotel was positioned in an area with not much on offer for an evening meal. There was only 2 restaurants within walking distance. The restaurant/cafe next door called Marisa we went to on two nights was acceptable as if you wanted to go into the town you would have to drive there. No other shops nearby to purchase cold drinks or water so we bought from the restaurant as well which price wise were ok.
If you want to stay here only do so if you are male, going to the Mugello circuit and don’t mind ‘slumming it’ for a few days!!!

Room Tip: Avoid unless you want to slum it.
1  Thank jo1963