“Great dining experience!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Cork, Ireland
“Great dining experience!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

If your looking for fresh local seafood ,this is the place to go!The Food was amazing and lots of it very reasonable for what we got. We were lucky to see quiet impressive swordfish being delivered while we were enjoying our morning coffee outside on a terrace. We went back for dinner later that day. Very friendly staff, I guess its in their blood :) Most warm and welcoming atmosphere, despite the fact that place was quiet busy and seemed a little understaffed. If I ever visit Sicily in the future, I will definitely go back. Special thanks to the owner who looked after us on the night!

• Visited April 2014

• Polish first
Quebec City, Canada
“Best restaurant in Capo d'Orlando”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

It is an unpretentious restaurant. Clean and well decorated. The food is delicious and the owner is a very nice person. If you want a meal for exemple and it is too big for you, he will accept to divide it in two. The menu is in italian, french and english.. Every time I go to Capo, I make a special to go and eat at the L'Altra Risatta.

• Visited December 2012
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent and unpretentious”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Went to this restaurant twice with my italian inlaws, the quality and presentation of the food was excellent both nights. The restaurant is in the Michelin guide, but they don't take advantage of it neither when it comes to prices or to behaviour - it is a typical Italian fish restaurant in a clean and welcoming environment.

The first night I had the antipasti cotto del mare, different servings of cooked Sicilian starters, all excellent in their way. We also had a big plate of oysters and ricci, sea urchins, the delicacy that it seems like every Sicilian is willing of paying for when eating out, even in unemployed. They do live up to their rumors. The primo was pasta with bottarga and zucchini cream, an excellent combination of tastes. For the secondo I chose the grilled and sliced tuna fillet with crema di balsamico and flakes parmiggiano - tender meat complemented well by the balsamic cream. Finished the meal with a lemon sorbet, the perfect end. The service was excellent, also according to time schedule. And don't forget to taste the bread even if the food should be more than enough in itself!

The second night we went for my birthday. This time I chose the antipasti crudo del mare, raw fish. Like last time we also had the oysters, and a bigger plate of marinated fillets of tuna and sword fish - last one in its high season, because the sword fish is choosing mates in the summer and this gives it the best taste of all. Ten times better than sushi (and I am a big fan of sushi), followed buy a new pasta with fish eggs, this time from sword fish. Also very good, all though the mentioned bottarga experience is hard to beat. No secondo due to the following torta di gelato (brought from a gelateria, so that is another story). This time we had to wait for a very long time, though, probably because the restaurant was more crowded. Even if this is understandable, the Italians themselves consider it bad manners not to keep a maximum of waiting time between the courses. No big problem, but dragging the service character a bit down.

All in all some of the best seafood meals I had in Italy, high quality also when raw (and this is the most important factor of all), and very friendly prices. Both times we paid a little less then 40 euros per person for antipasti, one primo or secondo, dessert and more than enough wine. Comparing it to other places in Sicily, for example Taormina, I have experienced double the price for the same quantity and quality.

• Visited August 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“The best for fish”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

If you look for a perfect fish dinner it's the place to go!
Fresh fish and very special recipes. Home fish starters are a must!

Visited July 2013
“Poor!”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Great location...
But thats where it stops!
(Fritto misto from a scary movie!
Rubbery, burned calamari rings, unedible cray fish and little boney fishes from a child fish tank!)

(Dont go to any of the Lungomare restaurant!)

• Visited July 2013