“Glass of prawns”

Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Had a lovely meal at this quaint hotel, the fresh prawns starter were excellent , followed by sea bass which was cooked to perfection. Good value all round and the staff made us feel at home.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This was our third visit and we will certainly be back. The family who run the hotel are absolutely lovely and welcoming. The homemade bread is absolutely delicious. All the food we had here was really good, but most amazing are there starters. This time we had a huge plate of Arisaig mussels, a duck terrine, and hare confit - absolutely gorgeous.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The piece de resistance of this hotel is their restaurant. It was a set meal of four courses and I felt like I had been teleported to a Michelin starred establishment. Seriously this meal was up there with the best meals I have had, anywhere. Quails eggs, sea bass (of course with crispy skin dahhlings) lamb cutlets, a trio of mini deliciousness for desert. (Sorry was a few too many Sancerre's to the wind to recall the details by this stage). But really, Masterchef eat you heart out.

Would we go back? Hell yeah. And we will. I am positively salivating at the prospect.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

It's a small place with a homely atmosphere. The restaurant is run by a family, and they are fabulous nice people! Food was good, lacked a bit of flavouring, but I guess that depends on the taste buds. All in all a good place to dine out, especially with such limited option,s it is as good as you can get probably in that part of the world!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I spent a grumpy day driving to Glenfinnan and the highlight of the day was meeting Ina and her bubbly attitude and good natured service with a big smile from the heart. We were not expecting much and were absolutely delighted with the pork dish she served up for our supper. We enjoyed it so much that we returned the following day and had the same dish again after a very tiring day bagging another 2 Munro's. We have stayed and eaten at the big fancy Glenfinnan Hotel next door which was mediocre compared to Ina's wonderful disposition to her guests - she just makes one feel so welcome I would not even consider going elsewhere.