“Best place to stay when in Maine!!”
Review of Mollyockett Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Woodstock
Mollyockett Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Woodstock
Greenville, Pennsylvania
“Best place to stay when in Maine!!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The motel rooms are clean and beautiful. I stayed with my wife and 3 kids. Tim's knowledge of geography is astounding! Upon arrival Fran gave me a map of the locals rockhounding mines (all free to visit.) My children had a great time looking for gems and hidden treasures. The swimming pool and on-site restaurant are also amazing. Tim took the time to show my kids the stone fireplace the he built. The fireplace has rocks and minerals from 18 countries and 5 continents, as well as local and national minerals and rocks. When leaving, Tim noticed that my tire was going flat and took the time to fix my tire. Tim and Fran, as well as the rest of the staff at Molleyockett were great hosts. I look forward to staying there again in the future.

Dan Morgan,
Greenville, Pennsylvania

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Manchester,Maine
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is a basic motel room with a family feel. We used it as inexpensive accommodations to go skiing at Sunday River. The people running the motel are friendly. There is a restaurant on site that is great for breakfast and dinner. The kids love the pool. If you are looking for upscale this is not the place for you. However, if an inexpensive place to sleep is what you want this is the place for you.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Boxford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The owners are friendly. The place is out of the 1950's with updates from the decades in between. It seems down-home Maine. The owners keep it up with their own efforts and make sure the restaurant provides well prepared food at inexpensive prices. The locals in the restaurant provide plenty of entertainment. It could use some updating, but the prices would then be higher. The bedding was inexpensive to begin with and worn out. If you need a mattress with support, you are going to be unhappy.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
NJ
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The Mollyocket is perfect. The Bucks and their staff do a fine job of keeping a nice traditional motel a warm and welcoming place. The pool is amazing and indoors. My grandson loves it. I like the restaurant and their attention to food allergies. The food is top notch, you just need a little patience for the chef to not rush your meals.

I read a critical review here and was astounded. Some people just are never satisfied. If you want your monies worth the Molly may exceed your hopes. They deliver a lot more than you expect !

This was tte second year that we have stayed at the Molly but it won't be our last.

Room Tip: If yu are going to use the pool or spa, ask for a room on the internal hallway that connects.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Schoolsuper
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I expected rustic, but not a room that looked like it been inhabited by frat boys. After seeing my carpet, I was scared to even look at the pool, so can't say whether it was worthy of the room price being charged here.
When I mentioned my consternation to a local person who knows the place well, I was told I should avoid rooms 1 through 8. Too late.
Specific objections: the carpet looked like it had been host to many frat parties. There were lots of towels and finally I put them over the stains [I do have photos, might add later] so I could walk to the bathroom. There is a bright light coming into the small room from outdoors which makes it difficult to sleep well. One of the beds was so poorly made up that I nearly tripped on the edges of the bedding at the foot -- it was not a bed that was slept in during my stay there, so I don't know why it was made up that way.
If you do get one of these rooms, make sure to arrive early and already rested so you can think about making camp there. Otherwise, check out the B&Bs in other towns in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Silver1535
Fran B, Owner at Mollyockett Motel, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
My Husband and I own the Mollyockett Motel. If you have any questions abut the cleanliness of our motel please read the other reviews. Thanks!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stayed at the Mollyockett Motel in May while traveling in Maine with my parents.

Like other reviewers have mentioned, this is definitely an older motel, which is obvious from the furnishings, which are quite dated. To me, this was outweighed by the great pool area (which I think had been recently renovated) and the on-site family restaurant. The owner of the inn - Tim Buck - was very friendly and enjoyable to talk to. I would definitely stay here again if passing through the area.

Room Tip: Not all of the rooms have direct (indoor) access to the pool, so ask for one on that side of the mot...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank IrishMeg89
Hillsborough, New Hampshire
Reviewed 4 May 2013

The Mollyocket is in tough shape. The owners would appear to have done nothing to update the motel rooms since the 1950's. Many of the thermo windows have seals that have been compromised and look terrible. The bathroom sink glazing was all cracked and the toilet seat looked like something they had grabbed out of the dump. Our toilet did not have adequate flushing power and suggests that either the the septic system is failing or something isn't vented properly. Dropped ceilings and wall paneling are always a dead giveaway that things have been neglected. My impression of the staff was that they are very nice but they are more focused on the restaurant which is pretty average. I was very disappointed for what we paid and would recommend that you inspect your room before you decide to stay there.

Room Tip: Definitely check you room before you sign on the dotted line.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Peter B
Fran B, Owner at Mollyockett Motel, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
My husband and I own the Mollyockett Motel. If you have any concerns about our motel please read the rest of the reviews,,, Thanks! Tim & Fran
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Hampton Inn Oxford
The Victoria Inn
The Victoria Inn
#8 of 15 in Bethel
Holidae House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Mollyockett Motel? Share your experiences!