“Terrible food”
Review of Trudi's Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panglao Island
Trudi's Place
Ranked #35 of 95 Panglao Island B&B and Inns
Norway
“Terrible food”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Had dinner here once, and regretted it! We both ordered beef and pork adobo. First of all, the food was served about 40 minutes after making the order. On top of that the pork and beef was just so tough (like rubber) that we just could not eat it. Inedible! We told the waiter and waitress (no one seemed to be taking charge of our complaint) that the food was terrible and said that we would not be willing to wait another 40 mins for new dishes. They said okay, but did not offer us a discount. I demanded one, and was after 20 mins given a 70 php discount. How generous....

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Not sure why Alona Beach is so popular. Having been to Bantayan, Malapascua and Boracay, there's little to make Alona beach stand out amongst it's peers. However the snorkelling at Balicasig Island is excellent!

As for Trudi's Place - the service is good, location on the beach is very good and convenient and the price is good - 2000p for a standard aircon room but aside from that it's very average. The rooms were basic, dated, TV had no reception and there were blood stains on the bed sheet (which did not get changed for 3 days). The restaurant (despite it's high rating on TA) was very average food, especially breakfast.

Overall, it's a 2-3 star hotel and everything about it reflects that standard. 3/5 for me, you can definitely do better elsewhere on the beach.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Room_204
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I searched for several weeks on the web until I found Trudis' Place. It's located along Alona Beach right beside several Dive resorts. It's easy on the wallet and the food is good. The beer is priced just right for anyone to enjoy. I loved having breakfast right beside the beach and their friendly and accommodating staff was the best of it all. The rooms were just the right size for our group and my american brother -in-law was beaming with joy all of the 4 days we were in bohol.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Josette2319
Spydeberg, Ostfold, Norway
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Our stay in trudis was OK. We found out the place when some of our friends ate at their restaurant and found out they also have rooms on the upper floor. We were staying in alone kew hotel at that time and it was a little way out of budget so we decided to transfer a day after, Me and my partner had a little room, no view on the beach, just the backyard but i was ok.( i forgot what room number we were.) it was clean, WC was clean also, shower has hot and cold function . Staff regularly cleans .

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Kc C
Manila Philippines
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I found Trudi's Place where you can eat, have a beer almost all day long in Alona Beach leaving with a happy stomach and a smiling wallet!

Their beers, and cocktails are the cheapest in Alona Beach waterfront. The food is extremely good, I was with a friend and trooped here for a beer and bar-b-que. The next day we came back, had a few drinks again and some seafood calamares. The third day I had breakfast -2 pancakes with bananas and mangoes for only Php 100! I came back in the evening again and had some pasta and drinks and it was all to my standards and liking. What is amazing is that no matter how affordable the foods and drinks (beers, cocktails, shakes) you get a heapful of serving and a satisfied palate. Don't miss out Trudi's while in Panglao!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank bythegoddess
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Trudi's is the cheapest place to eat right on Alona Beach. I know this because I checked out all the menus along the beach on my first day there. I ate at Trudi's three times during my stay and the food was good. They certainly put enough alcohol in their cocktails! The staff were very polite and helpful. I asked to see their rooms and they seemed clean and had everything you would need to enjoy a stay overlooking Alona Beach. The price was very good for a room overlooking the beach. I would certainly recommend their restaurant and I would consider staying there if I were to ever return to Bohol.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank William J
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 9 January 2012

The only reason I did not rate as excellent is because of the price. However, I did stay in a deluxe room (with ocean view and balcony) and it was over New Years when rates definitely go up around the island. The room had all the comforts (Air con, TV with cable, balcony, comfortable bed, hot water) and is right on the Alona beach. A quality breakfast is included in the price of the room as well. The first day there was no hot water but they claim that is because it is solar powered and it had been cloudy recently. It worked great for the remaining 4 days we were there. They did host several Videoke parties in the beach area of their restaurant which can be definitely disturbing for relaxation but they did not go late into the night. As this area is renowned for its diving, it is important to note that they do not have an affiliated dive shop. The restaurant is a great asset as well - wonderful drinks and food.

Room Tip: Rooms facing out onto the beach with a balcony can be noisy as there are live bands and videoke part...