After some research I decided on this hotel based on a friend's recommendation.
We travelled in off season, got a very good rate, had great weather and really enjoyed our stay at Kalipayan. It's worth contacting the hotel directly and comparing their walk in rates to those advertised on various webistes. I saw a couple of beachfront hotels advertising walk in rates at 500P per night less than on some websites.
Rooms are spacious, equipped with a safety deposit box (no TV) and have a private sitting area with clothes line, all with garden view. Beds were comfortable, A/C worked well and not too noisy. Good wifi connection in the room and public areas. Our room and bathroom were kept spotlessly clean; ants get everywhere in the Philippines, even in high end resorts and modern condo buildings but we encountered very few here in Kalipayan.
I'm surprised at some of the negative reports here and suggest that any issues are reported to the management. Owner Kurt is one of the friendliest and most accommodating hoteliers I have met on my travels and is more than willing to rectify any problems one may have.
Pool is one of the nicest I saw on Panglao island. Very good breakfast choices, we particularly liked the pancakes and hearty brown bread fresh from the baker.
Access to Alona Beach is a short walk down a path, down some steps, and around the rocks, which could be an issue for small children but even at high tide the water is barely calf high. Kalipayan has a sun deck with loungers and a tree house overlooking the sea, which is a good alternative to the beach for just soaking up some rays.
There are plenty of mini markets and dining options along the beach, Trudi's offers very good breakfast and dinner choices at reasonable prices and is a great beachfront location to relax.
Swimming off Alona Beach is not advisable due to the abundance of sea urchins. If you want to swim and relax on a pristine white sand beach it's really worth taking a trike to Bohol Beach Club (cost around 200P round trip), pay the entrance fee 350P (of which 250P is consumable) which entitles you to use their pools, loungers and showers. It's highly advisable to arrange for the trike to collect you again as the front desk is only permitted to call cabs, and it's a long hike to the main road.
We met a young couple who spoke very highly of the dive course led by Barry which I will be sure to try on my next visit.
If you want a peaceful loaction a short walk from the beach, look no further!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kalipayan Beach Resort & Atlantis Dive Center is a beachfront property at the quiet end of Alona Beach. Situated in an amazing tropical garden from 11.000 sqm you can relax and whatch the birds. The 19 air-conditioned rooms are equipped with an in-room safe, en-suite bathroom and a private sitting area in front. The restaurant is beside of the outdoor swimming pool. They serve delicious local and international cuisine and offer free WiFi .On request you can enjoy romantic Candle-light-dinners in the treehouse at the beach, overlooking the moonlighed ocean. The dive center has also direct access to the beach and they offer all PADI dive courses and fun diving. 3 boats are available and groups are welcome. Dive Spots can be reached in 5 minutes. To Balicasag Island it will be a 30 minutes boat ride and to Pamilacan Island one hour. Massages, island tours, snorkelling activities and ticketing services for ferries can be arranged.. The property is a 40 minutes drive from Tagbilaran Airport and offers free parking for their guests. Transfers against a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Kalipayan Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kalipayan Beach Hotel Bohol Island
- Kalipayan Beach Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island