“Delicious healthy food ”
Review of Shaka Bohol

Shaka Bohol
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Description: Tired of bbq and rice? We care about you, that is why we only offer fresh and real foods, no additives, preservatives or sachets, only the freshest fruits and vegetables with some superfoods thrown in for the added benefits to fuel your body. we offer good beats, real cocktails, craft beer, quality filipino espresso and an assortment of tasty healthy meal options all at a reasonable price.
Reviewed 24 April 2019 via mobile

Even though we weren’t staying at Alona Beach, we still came here 4 times during our 4 day stay. Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Don’t be scared away if you are not vegan, the food is delicious, whether you are having smoothie bowls, burgers or lasagnes. Would recommend the vege tacos.

Date of visit: April 2019
Write a reviewReviews (415)

Reviewed 20 April 2019 via mobile

We waited our food for more than 30 minutes, understood that there were lots of cutstomers. So we would like to ask the staff when our food would be ready since we were in a bit hurry. But one of the waitress saw us raising hands and decided to ignore us when she DEFINITELY had seen us and even gave us a hard look and then turn her back against us without any reason..... this is one of the worst service I have ever had in Bohol....

Reviewed 13 April 2019 via mobile

Ate here during our stay in Panglao. There are much better restaurants around with lower prices, better food and much MUCH better service.
On 12th April 2019, we visited this restaurant. Ordered drinks and food from the menu. Made it clear that we wanted starters and main courses. Took in the region of 20 minutes to be served a drink. Then we were waiting an inordinate amount of time with no food and staff just standing around. Were given an excuse about gas not working and asked if we were happy to wait - we said we were happy to wait as their explanation suggested unforeseen circumstances. Then the catastrophe started!! One starter arrived with one main course - but none of the other starters and none of the other mains. I tried to explain to the waitress - but she seemed so angry and unwilling to help that we were powerless! The other starters and mains came out, at which point I asked what they were going to do about the Main courses as they were clearly rapidly going cold! The waitress simply shrugged and said we would have to keep everything! That waitress subsequently was violently opening and slamming doors and made everyone at our table feel very uncomfortable. There was another complaint coming from the table opposite us at the same time, with which she was dealing with a similar lack of tact and politeness!
The food was either undercooked, or overcooked and cold!! Absolutely horrific! I then mentioned that they had forgotten one of the side orders with the mains, and she glared at me as if I had just insulted her and went into the back/kitchen and started laughing and joking with the other staff, clearly at my expense. I made it very clear that we were dissatisfied and that this was unacceptable service, but the whole staff body seemed disinterested and appeared to have no pride in their organisation.
At the end, there was no attempt to rectify any of the mistakes that had been made, and we left, on our last night in the Philippines, with a bitter memory in our minds.

In case you think that perhaps I’m just a difficult customer, read all of my other reviews on tripadvisor, they are all very complimentary and fair - the only reason for this is the atrocious experience that we had! So please bear this in mind as I wouldn’t want your holiday/visit to be tarnished in a similar way.

1  Thank L1372MEadamr
Reviewed 1 April 2019 via mobile

We came here 4 times during our short time in Bohol. Most of the food is delicious. The smoothie bowls are gorgeous to look at and eat and are super filling. The pancakes are also amazing and the portion is huge! I loved the vegetable lasagna. The vegan burgers are amazing too as are the jackfruit nachos. The only meal I didn’t like at all was the mango curry. It is literally a big bowl of bland rice with mango in it. There is lots of choice on the menu. The juices are really good. Prices are on the high side.

Reviewed 27 March 2019 via mobile

We tried a handful of different menu items and they we good. However, I’ve never seen a dish which is as ripped off like the mango & red bean curry Do not order it unless you want only rice on your plate!

Date of visit: March 2019