“Excellent Value”
Review of Billabong Resort

Billabong Resort
Ranked #45 of 100 Panglao Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Stayed at Billabong back in 2008. Food was good, bar was well stocked and had a nice HD tv where they would play Pink Floyd videos and F1 races on Sunday. Rooms were spacious and clean. Service was great. While its not on the beach, Alona Beach is just down the road where you can rent a scooter or snorkel tour. We rented a scooter there (cheap) and drove all over Bohol. We also discovered that we could pay a $5 fee at Bohol Beach Club and get full use of their facilities plus that $5 counted towards food purchase. Lets see, pay $35 at Billabong + $5 to use BBC facilities or pay $80 at BBC for a room, well, you do the math. The Aussie owner was a character and had a lot of off-color jokes about women. Inside I would chuckle but also think , " Hey man, my wife is right here". His wife was a sweet-heart though. I would definitley stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank airkev
There are newer reviews for Billabong Resort

Reviewed 6 December 2011

stayed there for 2 nights and the staff are very accommodating they always ask you if your heading to the beach when you go out to offer the free ride to and fro the hotel. place is clean and the staff are nice. restaurant is open by 6AM but since we'll be doing the sea tour they arranged our breakfast earlier than usual and also the ride going to the beach.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Richilde
Reviewed 15 November 2011

i stayed at the Billabong with my girlfriend and another companion for one week in november 2011.the staff are the most friendly and helpful people i have yet encountered in the Philippines.prices are extremely reasonable and the food is excellent.this hotel has an ambience unmatched by any other in the Philippines.I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone unless you are looking for luxury accommodation.the rooms are comfortable and the staff make you feel like a V.I.P.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank UkBolabola
Reviewed 18 August 2011

For the price and the service,it suits me and my wife to the ground. This is our third time to stay there for one month each year. I'm a cripple and when I said to Lanie (the owner) that I was in trouble in showering and getting in and out of the toilet she had no hesitation in putting permanent grab rails in for me at no charge. Over the years we become very friendly with Lanie and all the staff. And God willing we plan to return each year. For a budget accommodation, this hotel is EXELLENT!

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Alanine
Reviewed 25 March 2010

If you’re planning to stay here in Billabong forget it... I mean it... They don't know anything about "GOOD QUIALITY" customer service they only care about is your money. When we arrive at the hotel we are somewhat disappointed because usually when you arrive at a hotel the attendants will greet you like Good Afternoon or Good Morning and they are more than willing to carry your luggage but in billabong they just sit there and looks like they are wondering, we carry our own luggage up to our room. Their room is quite good but their air-conditioning unit was not that powerful for a family suit.

They said that they have a Free shuttle service? Yes they have a VAN but they don’t want to use it that often, because the 1st time we ask them to pick up as at Alona beach which they said is 5min away in fact it was like 15min away from the Hotel they refuse to pick us up because they said that their driver was not on duty, It was our first time in Bohol and we don’t know our way back to hotel, good thing that a boholano bystander told us that we can ride a tricycle back to hotel. The 2nd time we ask them to pick us up at Alona Beach right after our Island hopping they told us that we need to walk up for about 10min to main road and they will pick us there, it is raining that time and we are carrying some electronic gadgets like cell phones and camera, instead of walking in the rain another boholano bystander call a tricycle for us. We were just lucky because every time we are in a bad situation there’s always a good Samaritan to help us. When we came back to hotel their hotel attendant was just watching TV including their driver. We told ourselves that it’s ok because it was our last day on a hell hotel. When were about to settle our hotel bills the wife of the hotel owner suddenly change the extended hours rate from 150 to 250 pesos per extra hour, we ask them that it was not the rate that we agreed on she said that her secretary gave us a wrong rate we told her that it was not what we agreed on suddenly she raise her voice and started yelling that she was the owner of the hotel that’s why she have the right to raise rates. We told her that she should take disciplinary action about her secretary because she’s giving a wrong information, she said that “you myra, I will not scold you because you have other problem” what the hell did she said? She will not scold her secretary because it has a personal problem? When we we’re still arguing about the rates we notice that we don’t have enough time to continue arguing about the owner’s bad attitude because we’re going to be late on a ferry back to cebu we decided to pay the bills with extra charges and we didn’t get our change to make the owner happy because the only thing that makes the owners happy is money.

It’s not a hotel it’s a Hell motel!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank ad636
Reviewed 25 February 2010

It's our first time in Bohol and i was looking for a cheap and accommodating resort, luckily i found Billabong Hotel, though we only stayed overnight, they were truly nice, friendly, accommodating and helpful to us. They are not even charging for airport transfers only if you stay for 3 nights. The owner is very accommodating to us as well. The food is great! They have a free service going to the beach. I only regret that we stayed at Billabong for 1 night and changed our resort to a beachfront that wasn't very friendly, have poor water system and doesn't have a cable TV. If i go back to Bohol again, I surely will stay at Billabong hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank roxy888
Reviewed 12 September 2009

We had the pleasure to have stayed at the Billabong for a period of 3 weeks in 2009 while holidaying in Bohol. My wife is Filippina and I'm a NZ born, Australian resident. I travel alot so know good places to stay when I see them, and the Billabong is definately a gem!

I'm always out for a bargain and we're not shy to 'shop around' for the best deals, without compromising on quality.

We are a married couple with 2 children (aged 2 and 8), so the Billabong suited us fine. It has a very family friendly atmosphere, something we found lacking with even the more expensive resorts, which many I found impersonal and plainly overpriced.
The room was spacious and well equipped with a fridge, large tv and pleanty of beds (that were great when our other family members arrived). The bathroom was tidy and well equipped, It even had hot water, (that wasn't really needed, but I'm sure its a benefit to some travellers).

It has a superb swimming pool that is well maintained and very clean. The water was a relief on the hot days when we didnt want to be inside watching the cable TV, browsing the net with the free WI-FI or just sleeping in aircon comfort in the spacious rooms...
The staff were very professional and friendly and always eager to help with the kids or with food at anytime. The food was excellent quality, quick service and the kitchen is very tidy and clean. When staying there ask dont forget to try the pizza or (my favourite) Bills aussie burger. I Its a huge burger just like the ones back home but a fraction of the cost!

so all in all the Billabong was an excellent stay.
we definately recommend staying there and hope to stay again soon.
'Good on ya' Bill, Lani and the staff. Thanks for making our romantic stay away so enjoyable!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family