This resort is very well maintained, and the bright orange cottages give the place a cheerful atmosphere. The rooms itself are very clean and comfortable, although quite dark (not enough lighting). Minibar is well stocked, but the prices are very high. Moreover, we found the list of house rules quite annoying -- for example, they can charge you 300PHP for every food or drink item brought from outside the resort (luckily they didn't charge us though).
The swimming pool is a big plus, but the beach regrettably isn't. It is hardly swimmable, and there's lots of trash lying around (including glass bottles). Dinners are nice albeit slightly expensive compared to places in town, but it's all freshly made. We found the breakfasts quite boring however, as the days wore on. Moreover, take into account that 'breakfast included' means a choice between a Filipino breakfast (corned beef, 2 eggs, rice, few small pieces of fruit) and a Continental breakfast (some bread, 2 eggs, jams, and a few small pieces of fruit) with some fake fruit juice and coffee/tea (the coffee was great).
The management is very friendly and often stop to have a chat with the guests. We weren't too crazy about the location though -- it is very remote and quiet, but if that's what you're looking for, look no further! Alona beach (the place where the nice beach, boats, most diving shops, bars, and restaurants are) is a 20 minute walk. If you want to go to town by motorcycle, they pass by often, and take about 5 minutes to town (20-30PHP). Tricycles are harder to find though, but are the easiest way of reaching the resort from Alona beach (80PHP).
+ Very well maintained, nice comfy rooms
+ Swimming pool
+ Friendly and efficient management
- The beach
- Dive courses are about 5000PHP more expensive than in town
- Location is quite remote
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bohol Sea Resort is located directly on the naturally kept beach of Danao on Panglao Island, Bohol, one of the most beautiful islands of the Philippines. The famous Alona Beach is 2 kilometers (20 minutes walking or 3 minutes by motorbike) away. Great dive sites are starting just in front of the resort. Our paradise dive & holiday resort is furnished to best European standards and offers 20 elegant rooms and bungalows in different categories. Each accommodation has its own bathroom with shower, a terrace and free Wifi. The higher standard rooms also include television, minibar and air-conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and Cancelon so you can book your Bohol Sea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bohol Sea Hotel Panglao Island
- Bohol Sea Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island