L'Elephant Bleu Cottages
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$285
US$276
  • Breakfast included
Bohol South Beach Hotel(Panglao Island)
US$65
US$53
US$363
US$275
  • Breakfast included
The Bellevue Resort Bohol(Panglao Island)
US$291
US$179
US$90
US$76
Agoda.com
Paragayo Resort(Panglao Island)(Great Value!)
US$27
US$92
US$62
  • Breakfast included
South Palms Resort(Panglao Island)
US$266
US$257
Travelocity
US$89
  • Beachfront
US$87
US$31
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I was staying at another place but had to stay another day because of change of schedule. To book as a walk-in they required I pay at the time of the booking. I got here after 12:00, and no water. No shower, no washing hands. I went to the beach and came back 4 hours later. Still no water. It's now well into the evening and there's still no water. Only apologies. I would expect this of budget accommodation, but not a hotel. I'm very unhappy.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I recently had plans to go to Panglao in Bohol and decided to randomly search for a place where I could stay overnight. As I searched, I came across L'Elephant Bleu and thought it provided the signs for me to book there, seeing as how my girlfriend is enamored with elephants and my favorite color is blue... yeah, I took those as my signs... It turns out that my decision to book at this place was very providential, as it was a very nice place to stay.

A mere 5 minute walk (really, it's just 5 minutes) from Alona Beach, L'Elephant Bleu provides you with the luxury of the beach while not having to spend a luxury's worth of money. Mercy and Nila, the two very able and courteous attendants of the place, are very much accommodating, providing us with the information that we needed to have a pleasant stay. The rooms are spacious enough, the shower was great, and the air-conditioning was sufficient. My only criticism is probably a personal thing - the pillows were too flat. Other than that, the room was just right. So much so that once you hit the bed, you just want to doze off and forget about everything else.

The food is also great - for dinner we had a Margherita pizza as well as a Beefy pizza. They came with softdrinks. Expecting a circular, saucer-sized pizza, I was pleasantly surprised when the actual one came out. It was made out of ciabatta bread (I suspect) that was more likely than not baked fresh by the establishment and was something that was good for two persons of MY appetite. For breakfast the next morning, I got the hotdog-sunny side up-rice-juice combo. It served its purpose well. And what was even better was that they allowed my girlfriend to add something additional since the bill of her complimentary breakfast ran up to only Php85. When these were served, I was okay with how it looked. It taste like many other breakfast meals and didn't really bare any difference. They also serve affordable wines by the glass! 80++ pesos for a glass of wine?!? Really? Really!

Also, at the first floor of the establishment is located a Kids Activity Centre named Friendly Waters, and it was being run by two friends from where I worked before. I also ran into another alumnus from the University where I worked for who also turns out to have been the roommate of my older brother. The center provides things that young children can do in order to progress in their schooling. "Learning by Doing" is the concept behind it and it seems to be pretty successful, based on the documentation shown along the walls.

So, if you're looking for an affordable place that is very near the beach (come on, some walking will do you good), then this resort is for you.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JopsBisDak
Reviewed 16 June 2012 via mobile

We got a family room for 3 nights. As others have mentioned, this is up a flight of stairs, and there isn't a lift or escalator. For the price, the room is really nice. As for the aircon, it does take a little while to get going, but it helped to speed things up by having the bathroom door closed.

Location was good for us since we wanted a quieter ambience, but still was a short enough walk from the beachfront. Very accessible to the tricycles and taxi companies as well as several food establishments.

There is a newly opened children's activity centre next door catering to preschoolers. They readily took my 4 and 6 year old in for an afternoon for only 250php each which gave me a bit of time to myself, but more importantly gave my children the opportunity to mingle with the local children.

Le Rendevous cafe does good croissants and pain au chocolat for breakfast. Staff are friendly. You're never going to get a 5 star accommodation for the price, but for what you pay at this place, it's exceeds expectations.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank t0tleybrook
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I traveled to Bohol with a group of 5 other friends and found L'Elephant Bleu through TripAdvisor. We stayed 3 nights. I booked an Aircon Family Room and an Aircon Cottage through Agoda.com.

Aircon Cottage: clean, spacious, with a large bed. Clean shower/bathroom, good water pressure with heater. Aircon working very well. We experienced no electricity fluctuations.

Aircon Family Room: We were led across the street to a newer building, which I supposed to be the annex, where the Aircon Family Room was located. Room and bathroom were clean & spacious. On one side near the door (below the aircon unit) was the double deck bed, the queen sized bed on the other.

However, we were highly disappointed to find out that the air conditioner in the Aircon Family Room was not working well. We tried waiting for the unit to cool since we were otherwise satisfied with the room. After 30 minutes, room was still hot, even with the help of a fan.

SERVICE: We went down to complain to the receptionist & asked to be transferred to another room with a working air conditioner. Another older woman approached us (manager?). She was a quite rude and curt to us and said they were fully booked and therefore couldn't offer a different room. She said that the air con was new but did not apologize for any inconvenience. Since there were no rooms we could transfer to, we asked her what our options were and she then called up the owner. She promptly said that the only thing they could do was to charge us a Fan Room rate. We visited in March and at the peak of the summer heat so this wasn't acceptable, especially since we traveled with friends from the US (not used to Philippine weather) & precisely the reason why we paid for an aircon room. The receptionist then said that the owner would come over to talk to us personally.

After 30 minutes, the hotel owner, Ludovic arrived. He was polite & apologetic. He explained that the aircon was new and didn't understand what the problem was. He reiterated that they were fully booked so the only option we had was to charge us a fan room rate. We explained that this wasn't acceptable so we decided to cancel the booking and arrange for separate accommodations for my friends in a different nearby hotel.

After asking for a refund, the owner informed us that since we had booked online, there was no way he could give us a cash refund and we had to get it from Agoda.com directly. He gave us his word that he would honor the Agoda.com refund & would not dispute it. He offered a signed promissory note in good faith. True enough, I was able to get a refund from Agoda when I got back to Manila with no problems.

Although it was a huge hassle for my friends to not have the aircon work & have to find a different hotel at the last minute, the owner Ludovic's prompt action and personal service was this place's saving grace. He was polite, fair, accommodating & apologetic for the inconvenience.

And although my other friends stayed in a different hotel, 2 of us stayed in the Aircon Cottage. Overall, the stay was very comfortable, price was fair & customer service was good.

VALUE: Paid P1,850/night for the aircon cottage. Good value for the room & for the location.

LOCATION: Not beach front, but it is a short walk from the main road to the beach. The L'Elephant Bleu restaurant serves good food, too. One of the better meals we had in Bohol. On the ground floor of the new annex building is the Cafe Le Rendez-vous, which serves wines, coffee & snacks. Also located really near other restaurants & bars, convenience stores & a small shopping mart.

No swimming pool or other amenities but it's a quaint little cozy place.

Room Tip: Their Cottages are located in the same area where their restaurant is. Across the street is the annex building where the Aircon & Fan Rooms are located. Rooms on the new hotel building are on the 2nd floor, no elevator so you'll have to carry your own bags up. Cottages are better & feel cozier.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Panda_sabs
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Very simple, i stay 5 nights in the hotel aircon room, and for the price, my room was big, clean everyday and very well located. It's in the middle of everything, quick acces to the beach (4-5 min walking distance), to the small shop/grocery, to the taxi moto or tricycle. Well i really enjoy my stay.
The best was the new bar/restaurant they have 'Le rendez-vous" : every morning fresh french baguette, croissant and choco rolls for less than 100 p ! The staff was very helpfull, I really recommend. ( i was solo traveller).

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo