Lost Horizon Dive Resort Annex
South Palms Resort(Panglao Island)
US$263
US$193
US$324
US$301
Agoda.com
Bohol Sea Resort(Panglao Island)
US$48
US$42
Hotels.com
US$186
US$285
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Bohol South Beach Hotel(Panglao Island)
US$50
US$41
US$606
US$511
  • Breakfast included
Momo Beach House(Panglao Island)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe main hotellost horizonswimming poolbeach frontalona beachminute walkgreat balconyfamily roombig tvwith king size bedcome homeroom safestayed here for one nightair conditioningaccess roadisland hoppinghot water
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The Lost Horizon Annex is the lower cost alternative to the beachfront Lost Horizon. The walk to the beach was about 10 minutes. Since we were on Alona beach for the diving we were happy to pay less for a beach we never used.
The Annex is extremely clean and very well managed, the staff are very pleasant, very helpful and quite friendly.
The weather was not great when we were there so we did not use the beautiful pool but the incredible bartender at the pool bar helped us wile away a few rainy hours, She was very funny and made a bad weather situation into some very enjoyable afternoons.
The room was very nice quite spacious and had a great balcony, the room we rented was a fan room. The rooms all have air conditioning but you have to pay extra, sadly the only complaint I can muster is that if you d not pay foor air con you get no TV as they are on the same electric circuit.
This is a very tiny detail and would not stop me from staying there again.

Room Tip: The rooms are all the same width as the building, your door is on the less attractive side of town but your balcony has a much better view, I would recommend a higher floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lost Horizon A, General Manager at Lost Horizon Dive Resort Annex, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

I thank you for the positive comments while staying with us. I was please my staff was able to assist you passing the time when it was raining. Again thank you for your observation and I hope you will come see us again.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I got to know Lost Horizon through our dive operator. We originally were set to diving so we wanted a resort that was close to our dive shop in Alona Beach Panglao Island in Bohol. When we got to Lost Horizon we were pleased with what we saw it was a nice beach front hotel and the price was really cheap PHP2,000 or around USD50 per night. Not bad for a high quality hotel. However, they told us that they booked us in an annex which was behind Lost Horizon. It was another 10 minute walk on dirt road which gets muddy when it rains.

We stayed there for 3 nights and as you go along you will notice how well kept the hotel is. Admittedly, less the fact that its not on the beach front, its is one of the best places where i've stayed in. The pool closes at 9pm. There are very good restaurants around that are cheap and the staff are very friendly.

They also have the happy hour which goes from 5-10pm and their prices are less than a dollar for beer and 50 cents for Rhum coke. Where can you find that?

I would go back here!

Room Tip: If you can get a room in their main building go for it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank John_Ong1114
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Spent 5 nights here and the room is ok. Good size and clean. I had a leak in the bathroom and the first night the fixed it by putting a bucket under my sink, but they repared it the next day and it was ok for the rest of my stay.
They have a small pool with three sunbeds! A had breakfast with my roomrate and I was alone everyday in the breakfastarea and still the waitress did not manage to see me, very busy with facebook.
Would I go back? I think you have better options here, but for the roomrate it is ok.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Nice hotel with comfortable rooms with balcony, refrigerator for drinks, tea set, flat screen TV; nothing to complain, everything was fine. Small outdoor pool and bar; WiFi works in rooms (but one day they have troubles with it). Good restaurant right on the beach (main building). They accept major credit cards without additional fee. Situated away from beach, must walk a couple minutes by unkept path, then through the territory of the main hotel, then going through decent cafes you can reach a place where you can swim.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andrej M
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stayed two nights here which is situated just off the main road approximately 100 metres from the Alona beach front. This can be accessed down a somewhat muddy lane and through the rear entrance of Lost Horizon resort or by walking up the roadway. We did both, generally taking the road in the dark so we could see where we were going!

The annex works as a free standing hotel and consists of two, 3 storey blocks with a small pool, a lounging area and a small restaurant. The rooms are quite a good size with a huge double bed, bathroom, ceiling fan, wall fan, fridge, kettle and tea and coffee. Bedding and towels were clean and the bed very comfortable – we asked for extra pillows and they arrived promptly. There is wifi in the hotel rooms but they had a problem with it during our stay and it was not working for one of the days we were there. As we needed the internet to check on ferries etc we went over to the Harmony Hotel which is situated just in front of the Annex and had a drink in their bar and used theirs.

The deal we took included a very nice breakfast and this was selected from the menu of about 6 typical breakfasts. Staff were always very friendly and helpful! We feel it was good for what we paid (£27) and would recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple