Reggae Guesthouse
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Oasis Resort(Panglao Island)
View Hotel
Alona Golden Palm Resort(Panglao Island)
Hayahay Resort(Bohol Island)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfrench couplenice ownerschickens roostersfrench friendscost effective placethroat infectionolder frenchminor stufffriends visitinglobby wificandy crushbasic cottagestours leaveremote islandtoilet seatmain beachtypical filipino
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I was on the Raggea Gest house for 2 months, and it was really perfect.
For a cheap price, you can relax your mind and your body in a buttiful place, meet a loot of nice peoples and have a Pur life in Bohol !
Thx to bilbo and chatty for everything!
( Nb : You can ask for a boat trip , you are very close of alona Beach, there are a ping pong table and the owner can find you a perfect DiveShop ! )

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yoann B
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I wasn't quite sure what to expect of a place called Reggae Guesthouse, but it was fabulous and I warmly recommend it.

It's situated just off the main road into Alona Beach - look out for the sign. This is far from built-up concrete development land - chickens and pigs are the neighbours, rather than other tourists. It's a solid ten minute walk to the beach, possibly even a little more, so if you want to be on the sand this is not the place for you. On the other hand, it means some peace and quiet, which is at a premium in Alona Beach.

Food service is restricted to a - very good - breakfast (with real, and delicious, coffee), but you can easily wander along the road for something to eat, or just order pizza with the owners! There's a ping-pong table, WiFi, and you can arrange a massage, boat trips and so on.

The cottages are excellent; clean, nicely furnished with hot shower, fan and funky reggae-themed paraphernalia, and each one has a little deck with chairs and a table. WiFi reception extends to these cottages as well, which is not always the case in the Visayas. My bed was a bit hard, but the owner offered to change my mattress, and in the end it was not an issue and I left it as it was.

Ah, the owner! The mighty Bilbo made my stay a very pleasant one. Along with Chhati he was always on hand, telling us about the area, Filipino customs, places to eat and drink in Alona and so on. Clearly a guy who loves what he does and where he is, he was very welcoming, challenging me to a game of ping-pong within minutes of my arrival, and always quick with a cold San Miguel. French visitors will feel particularly at home but Bilbo welcomes all sorts, and if you like reggae (and all that goes along with it), you'd be crazy to stay anywhere else.

Overall Reggae Guesthouse is a great little place which I will definitely make my first choice when I return to Panglao. Merci, Bilbo!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank AndyH74
Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

Nice vibe here. Chilled out owners. Huts are nice and clean. Only bad thing is we didn't sleep at all.
Cockerels behind our huts drove us crazy all night must of been ten screaming all night. Not their fault but for 1000 pesos a night, we weren't impressed.very noisy!!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Chris P
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This is one of our most favorite places in the world! We come definitely back. There is no other place for us to stay when we go to Panglao Island. Bilbo and Chhati are amazing hosts. The place has got magical and very relaxing atmosphere. The cottages are cute, cozy and very clean:) Thank you Chhati & Bilbo & Bamboo (the cat:). We are sorry but we have to come back:)

Room Tip: They are very offen fully booked, so if you want to stay here, book in advance!!!!! Just 1 minute by bike from famous Alona Beach.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jana Z
Reviewed 1 April 2012

It was not a surprise for us when we arrived in the guest house, it was exactly as we expected to be. The website discibes truly the place. Chhati and Bilbo (the owners) Are very nice. The bungalows are confortable, made with natural materials. Others customers are very cool, every evening, when you stay at the guest house, it's like a family. Everybody talks with other, you can meet philipinos people while you listening reggae and drinking a beer or a cocktail! You have to walk 7 mins to go to alona beach. Go there if you want to have à good Time for an evening or more. You Will see that you Will stay more than an evening! I will Come back as soon as possible.

• Stayed: January 2012