“I love the coral reef site!”

The Bellevue Resort Bohol
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Panglao Island
Manila, Philippines
“I love the coral reef site!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Bellevue Resort is the perfect place to relax. Being the only resort around the area, you'd feel the exclusivity and serenity of the place. Aside from the rooms, I particularly love the coral site just a few hundred meters from their shore. The lifeguard assisted us on the exact location of the site and we're welcomed by Nemo and his friends when we got there. We spent more than an hour just snorkeling.

Room Tip: Stay away from verandas facing the generator set.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Carla A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Iloilo City, Phils
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Free upgrade for checking in late, nicely appointed rooms, i love the CBTL coffee facility, wide breakfast buffet selection, easy breezy check in and out. Loved the nightly turn down service and they even left some goodies on our bed. Total relaxation during our stay.

Room Tip: Get the corner suite facing the beach.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rj_travelbug
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My group of friends chose this hotel because it was reasonably priced for a 5 star hotel. Also, reviews mentioned a nice, quiet beach and this appealed to us.

Check in was not so smooth. At first the girl behind the desk said we had only one room. I had reserved 2 since we were a party of 6. After she agreed that we did indeed have 2 rooms, the next concern was getting connecting rooms. This employee was not familiar with the rooms of the hotel. The first pair of rooms she showed us were not connecting, and though labeled as "ocean view" rooms, there was not much of a view on the ground floor. We opted for a higher floor and gave up on connecting rooms. There was a balcony with a very nice view of the sea.

The rooms are nicely decorated using local materials. The mirror over the dresser was framed with capiz shells. Banigs ( woven mats) were framed and used as wall art. Walls were covered with shells. The spacious bathrooms were modern. My only complaint here is that the walls of the shower were dirty near the floor. Housekeeping needs more oversight here.

The breakfast was varied and delicious. There was a choice of juices, cereals, hot foods and an egg station. Our rate included the breakfast.

We had 2 dinners at the hotel. Food was alright. We liked our pizza and pasta dinner. The desserts were sophisticated.

Altogether, it was an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room. Make sure it is not on the ground floor. The views from our 312 and 316 room...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had a wonderful vacation at The Bellevue. My young daughters had a great time. They have an excellent facility for kids. The room is well designed and well kept. The staff is warm and helpful. This is our second time in Bellevue and we will definitely go back again. The prices of the activities like Dolphin watching are expensive though.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Kenlin63
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I will definitely return to the Bellevue, Bohol! The staff was so attentive, the food was great, the rooms were so comfortable and the beach was clean and well maintained. The layout of the hotel was such that all rooms had a beach view. There was even an island-wide power failure and yet the hotel's generator were equipped to handle the power needs so that the guests didn't even realize that there was a power failure!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Palabyab
Cagayan de Oro, Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Was in Bellevue last March for a weekend stay with cousins and the place was absolutely marvelous. Rooms (even the most basic ones) were way beyond basic or standard. Two Queen size beds featuring heavenly mattresses and luxurious linen, great bathroom and toiletries, excellent amenities. As someone who really loves to sleep - all I can say is AAA+ on the bedroom. My whole stay was relaxing!

The weather was really bad when we went there - it was raining and windy, it was cold but even staying in the room was a wonder in itself. The pool is really nice, so is the beach - we were tempted to swim even with the weather.

There's also a game/entertainment center for kids (and kids at heart) that's free for all guests. Food - breakfast is good, there are a lot of choices. Try the lechon kawali when you order and the ginger tea.

It's a bit far from downtown Tagbilaran and even from Alona beach so this resort is wonderful if you really want to go on a vacation and experience being away from it all. Plus: there's complimentary pickup and drop-off to the airport or port so commuting is never a problem. The country-side/provincial drive to the place provides a refreshing view with plenty of greens, and sets the slow pace for your vacation already.

Service wise, staff were very polite and attentive, too.

Room Tip: Ask for the room facing the beach or the pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank eleothegreat
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Spent a very pleasant weekend here with my hubby & daughter. First stay at this hotel, though I'd heard good reviews from a relative. Previous visits (in prior years) were at Panglao Bluewater and Ananyana. Booked a deluxe ocean view room. Airport transfer was smooth. We were greeted with shell leis and welcome drinks upon arrival at the resort. While checking in, I was informed that the room we were apparently assigned or "blocked" for was on the ground floor. I could not imagine that that would give me much of an "ocean" view. Further, I had previously requested for a "high" floor. So, I did insist on viewing other room options prior to its "assignment". I also mentioned that the Agoda rate we paid (when pre-booked a month earlier) was at a premium when compared to just last week's rate. (P.S. I tested Agoda's best rate guarantee, but received a response saying said they could not honor such guarantee since the lower price I found prior to my trip was on their own website. OMG, what a stupefying policy.) I also mentioned that I had requested for early check-in (this is a rather important request as we were traveling with a young child). So, after conferring with a colleague, Jayce of front desk then kindly offered us early check-in to an ocean-view room with a king sized bed instead, and offered an extra bed set-up FOC.

We proceeded to view the available rooms. After viewing, I note the resort has three wings. CHOOSE the wing nearest the beach. The rooms farthest from the elevator, nearest to the sea are BEST. We had a lovely view of both the nipa-thatched topped restaurant, the swimming pool, and the beach beyond. The deluxe ocean view room we settled in was also a very GOOD size.

Happily, the king-sized bed was large enough to accommodate the three of us, so we canceled the extra bed. We asked for extra pillows, and were all set for lovely sleep siestas and evenings. Beddings were smooth, thick and lovely. Airconditioning and cable TV worked well. We appreciated the well thought out little sitting area, and the breezy balcony. The bathroom had a lovely bathtub and glass shower stall.

The swimming pool was lovely to look at at but rather small (in our opinion) for a 5-star hotel. But then again, Bellevue's grounds had limited "acreage" when compared, for example, with the usual lush grounds of a Shangri-la. No matter, we were also happy with the "intimate" pool setting as it enabled us to spend quality time, splashing about. We just had to be mindful not to (literally) bump/swim into other guests and their children. The smaller size of the resort worked well for us though- since we didn't bring our child's "yaya" along for this trip. Pool and beach-side towels were available for guests.

The nipa-topped restaurant, the pool and the beach area were all very pretty and picture perfect. But, the sand was definitely not "soft" or comparable to Boracay (but then again, few are). You must walk gingerly on the sand, when barefoot. Wear flip-flops. Our little one had a few scratches on her knee and knuckles after trying to dig/play in the sand :( So she asked to be carried every so often. Also, as pretty as the beach and sea is, you have to "walk" quite far into the sea to swim (as the water was much too shallow).

The facilities, the rooms were indeed pretty, but the food needs improvement- if the resort is really committed to providing 5-star quality. The breakfast buffet was very "average" (4-star, in our opinion) in terms of depth/quality of selection. I was surprised to see the shallowest bowl I'd ever seen- for use with the cereals. (It was more like a curved saucer). The eggs that were pre-mixed in a jug for them to pour to make scrambled or omelets on demand produced pretty tasteless eggs. There were only three fresh fruits to choose from. Etc. We much preferred their regular menu for our lunch and dinners. But, some items were not available, or had to be pre-ordered a few hours ahead of time (?!) And, their three-cheese pizza didn't taste like anything at all. The kiddie selection was great though. Unfortunately had a rather nauseating experience when I ordered a "maiz con hielo" (which is corn in evaporated milk and shaved ice), which was off menu. I appreciated that they could make it (it is a simple "pampalamig" or cooling dessert in the Philippines). But..I discovered that the shaved ice didn't just have bits of hair in it, there was an actual snarl. Just let me say here that the waitstaff (and ALL the hotel's staff for that matter) were always very sincere and kind. And our server was rightfully "horrified" to see the hair. As apology, they gave us 20% of the total bill for that meal, and did not charge us for the offending order. I do HOPE the kitchen staff and food quality control people can work on this.

I called room service only once- and that was to order fresh milk on our 2nd night. Unfortunately, I'd failed to pickup a few small milk tetra packs for our little one when we went out for Church and a visit to Bohol Bee Farm (no bee farm there at all…do not expect to see any bees!) Milk was not on their room service menu, so i asked room service to bring in a small pitcher. They explained it was charged per glass (about P140 or so). I thought their pricing was rather expensive for a glass of milk (haha). But I said okay and asked for a small milk pitcher anyway. In my experience when I've ordered milk abroad (such as Singapore's Mandarin Orchard), a pitcher is equivalent to 2.5 to 3 glasses. The pitcher arrived, and I was charged for 6 glasses -- with taxes and etc the milk pitcher was a little over P1,000 (about $24). My husband had signed for it so I didn't know until he asked me why I needed so much milk. Suffice it to say I called room service and said I only expected up to 3 glass worth. She answered (rather irately) that I asked for a pitcher and their pitcher is good for 6 glasses. I told her that she did NOT tell me that when I ordered. To make a long story short, I had it switched for 3 glasses worth. It took my daughter til next morning to finish it up (with help from both me and her dad). Not very pleased at all about that exchange.

In short, the ambiance, the room and facilities were tastefully done, and very comfortable. The Boholano staff were VERY nice, sincere and accommodating (except for the room service operator), but food quality could stand further improvement. We were happy to return to Bohol though (we had visited in previous years) to contribute to their economy, after the earthquake shock last year.

Room Tip: Do stay at the wing nearest the beach, and then choose the room farther from the elevator as these h...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family