“A great way to go back into diving”

Sierra Madre Divers
Ranked #6 of 32 Tours in Panglao Island
More attraction details
Owner description: A PADI 5 Star IDC facility in Bohol, Philippines. Dive with our professional crew, see the underwater sites, participate in conservation activities, or just chill out upstairs to the best sea view on Alona Beach.
Jagna, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great way to go back into diving”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Been a while since my last dive so when I finally had the chance, I took a refresher course (SCUBA review) with Samira Zwyssig at Sierra Madre Divers. She is so nice and very patient! Thank you so much for the great experience! The fun dives were awesome and will definitely go back for the sea turtles! The Sierra Madre Divers crew are very friendly and accommodating!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Jomimay

Manila, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Best priced dive operator in alona ”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I've arranged my dive trips with sierra madre for many times already since 2008. Very safe and professional and I remember I even dove solo but they charged me with the agreed rate which is 1.3k pesos with gear rental.

Do not look elsewhere. This is a bang for your buck. Salute to Reggie and of course Buchoy(Norman) the manager/owner!

2 Thank Gala_sa_Pinas
Singapore, Singapore
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“great diving”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

really nice crew and equipment, and the diving was of course fantastic!! saw tons of green turtles and great barracudas!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Ben_Travelling2014
Sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Diving! Friendly crew, safe, reliable and well priced. We will be back!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband and I did 7 dives with Sierra Madre divers and had a great experience.

The dive masters are very friendly, informative, and the boats/dive equipment are all in great condition. The dives are very reasonably priced at 1300 pesos per dive, including all dive equipment - approx 30 AUD. We would in particular recommend "Doon-Doon" - he was fantastic! There are a maximum of 4 people allocated to each dive master.

We did one dive at Panglao house reef (good for Macro - we saw lots of nudibranches), but the highlight was diving at Balicasag Island. This is a half-day trip leaving at 8am (about a 30min boat trip to the Island) and includes 2 dives. We were back at Alona Beach by midday. We dived at 3 sites - Blackforest, Turtle Point, and the Cathedral. All of these are great wall dives and we saw turtles, nudibranches, schools of jacks, rockfish, leaf scorpionfish, clown fish etc.

There is no need to pre-arrange dives, there are daily trips going to Balicasag Island. All you need to do is show up the day before, write your names up on the board for the dive trips and then show up at 8am on the morning off. Easy!

A great experience, and we will definitely be back.

Visited April 2014
4 Thank Alisha G
melbourne
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“good crew & good fun”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

i dived with sierra madre because i wanted to continue diving with my original ow instructor who is now working there. unlike some other dive operations on alona beach, sierra madre always go to balicasag (according to my instructor)

Visited August 2013