Stayed there for 4D/3N with my husband and 2 kids. First, they were late picking us up at the airport. We made sure to make the proper arrangements because we had kids with us and our arrival would be lunch time. I wanted to avoid dealing with 2 cranky, hungry kids. Unfortunately, it was also raining when we got there so it was doubly upsetting for us.... Upon check out, the hotel was also slow to process our leave. Ended wasting 20 mins waiting for ppl to help us with our luggages. The hotel does not have access to the road so you'll have to walk thru sand to get to your vehicle.
The other reviews were right, it is a basic accommodation. Really B-A-S-I-C. While the faucets were working during the day, it has slow trickles at times. And the heater almost does not heat up the water. On one night, there was no water in the faucet at all. There is a sign by the flush tank to conserve water as portable water was being delivered on a daily basis. However their flush switch was defective. The overhead light was not working in our room. Was already too disappointed we didn't bother reporting anymore.
Room 1 has the best location of all the rooms. It was very near the beach that we didn't have to bring our stuff to the shore anymore.
They cleaned the room when we requested it. That's a plus.
The restaurant served good food. It was reasonably priced too. Actually cheaper than the others we tried (like the resto of Lost Horizon).
Too many boats parked at the beach front from dawn to 7AM.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Isis Bungalows is a resort hotel in Panglao Island, Bohol Province in Central Philippines. The resort, which opened in 2005, is under Swiss supervision and boasts of affordable but world-class room accommodations and a spacious, refine, thai and filipino restaurant with a panoramic view of the sea.The resort is located right on the beach of Alona Beach, away from the traffic and the disco. The warm sea is our swimming pool.Isis Bungalows is definitely the place for those who want to experience the sun, the sand and the sea - the best that Panglao Island has to offer at that price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your Isis Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isis Bungalows Hotel Panglao Island
- Isis Hotel Bohol
- Isis Bungalows Bohol Province/Panglao Island