We stayed at Amarela for the last night of our Panglao trip. I booked Amarela based on a few comments from friends and reviews online, since I liked romantic and homey the look of the place.
The rooms were lovely, and I am guessing the owners are very particular with how they live - there was a provision for everything and anything. Since I travelled with the husby, three daughters ages 10, 9, and 3 plus the nanny we requested for an adjoining room. At first they said we would have to wait a few hours to get the adjoining room due to a wedding happening the next day. Later on they were able to transfer us ASAP. I kind of had to talk to the room boy to hasten the transfer since the front desk kept giving me excuses.
The beach front was beautiful and private, the size was just right and my kids really enjoyed playing in the powdery white beach. If only for this post card perfect beach, our stay here was so worth it.They had a pool with a lifeguard, which the kids loved as well.
FOOD: For lunch we at at the cabana near the pool. Food prices were like Manila prices. As for the taste - it was ok, but nothing remarkable. But don't take my advise, my husband is a NY trained chef, so our excitement level for food is rather high.
In the evening we had dinner at the ground floor resto, as usual my husband ordered practically the whole menu. Food quality was alright, but not quite memorable. If you want to leave the resort to eat out, you can pay a hotel van (PhP500 or USD10) to take you to the local restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amarela is a cozy yet elegant boutique resort atop a gentle slope with a stunning panoramic view of Bohol Sea and neighboring islands. Natural sandstone pathways run through native landscape, leading to the long stretch of white beach. The resort showcases local art and culture in meticulous detail - highlighting antique & traditional furniture, artifacts & handicrafts, old hardwood doors & floors, as well as an outstanding collection of sculpture & paintings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Amarela Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amarela Hotel Panglao Island
- Amarela Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island
- Amarela Hotel Bohol