“I would definitely go back to Amarela Resort, Panglao Bohol”
Review of Amarela Resort

Amarela Resort
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Panglao Island
Park City, Utah
“I would definitely go back to Amarela Resort, Panglao Bohol”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This past July 2013 my friend and I stayed at Amarela Resort, in Panglao Bohol and we absolutely loved it. It's about 20 minutes from the airport and 10-15 mins away from Alona beach, which was perfectly fine to us! If you want privacy with family and friends Amarela is the place to be.

First off, the hotel itself is beautiful. It has gorgeous landscaping and views. Amarela has a small library with books, dvds, and games to rent. Additionally, they had an art gallery if you're interested in looking at some art.

Second, they had some great activities for kids. They had table-tennis, a decent sized-pool and a private beach front. On the beach they had kayaks, lounge chairs (with cushions), and hammocks to enjoy. I noticed they had a security guard posted at the beach, which was pleasing to see. They had other workers from the hotel on beach to assist people if they needed it as well as they kept the beach looking tidy and clean! (Side Note: You want to bring water shoes because the beaches in Bohol can be more rocky.)

Third, the food was delicious and reasonably priced for this type of hotel. And the wait staff was beyond kind and friendly to us everyday!

Fourth, I believe my friend and I got a standard room with a main window looking out towards the pool, which was relaxing to sit out on the little porch at night. The room was spacious and comfortable with an aircon, fan, tv, refrigerator, safety box, storage space, wifi , and etc. The bathroom was just as nice as the room, which was spacious and clean. (FYI: If you have food or drinks left over, I would advise putting them in the refrigerator or something that is sealed tight because ants in the Philippines can get into anything...I was amazed by their vigor to find food!)

Lastly, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful with any questions or issues we had. They helped us get prepaid taxis so we wouldn’t get ripped off. They constantly asked us if we needed help getting transportation on our last day. And they were quick on the clean up in the rooms!
In general, I truly enjoyed my stay at Amarela and I would definitely go back in the future!

Thanks,

Telefax: 63.38.5029499
Mobile: 63.906.5884145
www.amarelaresort.com
reservations@amarelaresort.com

Room Tip: -water pressure was a bit low and my room was on the ground floor, I don't know if other rooms h...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kayla K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I was fortunate to stay at Amarela Resort as part of a group photography tour this past June. I found the property to be beautiful and well-maintained. The staff was very courteous and the room was clean and comfortable. The AC worked perfectly and I appreciated the mini-bar. The wifi works great in the room and restaurant - speaking of - the views from the restaurant are spectacular and it was a favorite hangout (for the geckos, too :) I quite enjoyed the food - had pizza one night and delicious shrimp another. i would have liked more variety in the breakfast choices and unfortunately, the milk steamer on the espresso machine wasn't working - so no lattes :( To me, that was a small thing as the property is so lovely. I loved all the local art I saw around the property. Everything was placed with such thought and well done, at that. There is even an art gallery on the property. I loved the path down to the beach and the beach itself. It was so welcoming after spending time in Manila. I will admit that much of the enjoyment came from the group I was with - I'm also pretty easy going about things. But I'd totally recommend this place. I loved it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ExplrCr8B
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We went there last June it's really our intention to look for a more private place to stay and they didn't failed us. We had a smooth transaction with them-the staffs are warm and friendly specially the waiters in the restaurant. The room is clean and we're so in love with their infinity pool. We didn't had the chance to take a deep at the beach due to high tide and seaweeds but we had a great time at the pool which we have all by ourselves. A wide selection of DVD's can be found at the library. The only downside for us is the price of the food-it's a little bit expensive and since the location is isolated so you don't have a choice but to dine at their restaurant - but truly love their breakfast. When we come back to Bohol we will definitely get Amarela to stay in.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Good hotel in a wonderful location with fantastic view. Service is not bad, food - ok, nothing really fantastic. However, the greatest thing for us about this hotel was that it's a bit isolated from Alona beach - I would have hated my stay in Panglao if we were any closer to that noisy area littered with all sorts of stuff and people... We spent a nice time in an isolated place, good beach, quiet and very few people around. Can't say the water was too clean - lots of seaweed around, however water in Alona was waaaayyyy dirtier. But other than that water is good, the place is shallow of course - if you are a good swimmer you would want to move far to be able to give it a good swim... But for us was ok. It takes around 15 min on a tricycle to get to Alona. Overall - nice and lovely hotel with good decor and friendly staff, but don't expect too much.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I went there in Apr 2013 for the private beach.

Pros: Amarela has a big private white sand beach where you can relax and enjoy the sea. However, it's not good for swimming as the water is too shallow and has seaweed. They have a vast collection of DVDs and a nice small library if you have nothing to do at night. If you join its tour, it is well prepared and organised. There is a sea view from the Deluxe Twin room.

Cons: The room (Deluxe Twin) is not worth the price when i compared with the same amount of money i spent in Peacock Garden. The aircon was noisy. Luckily i brought my earplug. They're stingy on bottled water. We are 2 person and they only offered 2 small bottles of water daily. Any sane person will know that it's not sufficient with all the water activities. When we request for more, they are so reluctant to give. Peacock will not hesitate to provide us with more water. The worst part is after we have checked out and my mum was asking for a bottled water, the receptionist told me it will costs 50 pesos! Wth!
Food was bad too! Don't order western food, i don't think the chef has the skill to prepare western meal. The dressing on the salad was so much that we have to wash it with a few glasses of water! There's also lack of smile and warmth with the receptionists. Only 1 of them is doing the job well. Forgotten her name though. Small swimming pool. Massage was just average. They do not have any spa rooms. Either you do it in your own room or at the beach area (yeah, and let everyone see. I'm an Asian and not used to let everyone see my body!)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Devil198
AmarelaManagement, Owner at Amarela Resort, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your comments. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and assure you that we are taking steps to ensuring that we continually improve upon the quality of service we provide. Currently, we are undergoing a process of upgrading and expansion of our facilities and offerings. We do hope we can welcome you back to Amarela on a future visit to Bohol.
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

The Amarela is a lovely boutique hotel located in a more isolated part of Panglao.
We enjoyed the lovely grounds which were kept clean and in pristine condition. Rooms
are a bit small, but comfortable
and decorated with a homey touch. There's a huge upstairs area above the lobby with thousands of DVDs and books available for checkout which was a nice amenity. The pool area is quite small, but lovely and relaxing.
We weren't impressed by the beach area at all as it's surrounded by abandoned vacation rentals and the public
access was so close, beachgoers were loud and annoying. There was a bar down by the beach but it was never open so make sure you take drinks as it's a bit of
a hike back up to the resort itself. Food at the restaurant was mediocre at best, but the service was outstanding. The
views at sunset aren't to be missed, but arrive early for
good table selection. There's not much close by, so plan on requesting a tricycle if you'd like to go to the more popular area on the island. Overall, not a bad value and nice if you prefer a quiet get away.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank txcornbread
Texas
Reviewed 10 July 2013

It is located quite a ways from Alona beach. The rooms aren't the fanciest but were comfortable and clean. There is a quiet beach out front with hammocks. There are quite a lot of mosquitos out there, so bring some repellant or go in the water. The pool was inviting and we spent a lot of our time there.

The staff was friendly and helpful. Food was expensive by the local standards but was decent. Breakfast is included with your room and is probably the best meal. I had breakfast for dinner. I would stay again if ever I travel back to Bohol.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family