If you are looking for a very comfortable getaway dripping with artistically styled surroundings this will be the place for you. Every aspect of the resort was pleasing or outstanding.
The staff were all friendly and attentive, as well as being genuinely caring regarding the welfare of our often noisy 2 young boys. We also had a minor medical issue, the resort arranged an appointment with a specialist and drove my wife to see the doctor, waited with her to make sure she was OK and assisted with procuring of prescriptions( Kim you get a special mention for that :))
The room we had was spacious enough, comfortable, clean with a huge bathroom, a bar fridge and balcony equipped with a single wire clothes line. Bedsheets were changed everyday along with all bath & beach towels. The room was virtually adjacent the swimming pool and path to the beach which was an excellent room to have if you have small children who will be in the pool everyday.. Worth noting the Wifi worked in our room which was convenient.
We borrowed DVDs almost every night from the vast DVD library in the main building.
The beach was OK without being magnificent but better than Alona Beach and also there is a drop off about 150-200m out which you can snorkel out to which I did nearly every day seeing lots of marine life and coral including turtles and several sea snakes. There is very little or no boat traffic at this part of Panglao so I always felt safe whilst snorkeling. We used the beach evry morning followed by time around the pool up to & after lunch.
The resort arranged a dive master for me to go scuba diving with, this gentleman was French and I found his judgement sound and the dives were certainly fun. Unfortunately due to some bad weather I was unable to make it to Ballicasag Island to dive.
Food.....was awesome. Every meal was tasty, fresh, substantial and well presented and the restaurant staff become our friends. We ate most of our meals at the resort with just a few trips to Alona Beach.
Many thanks to Brian, Jennifer, Joseph, Jake, Avonne, Malou, Kim....and all the others whose names I cannot remember as I write this and for not remembering I am truly apologetic. You all made our stay wonderful and unforgettable.
I highly recommend this resort to anybody who is considering a trip to the Philippines and Bohol.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amarela is a cozy yet elegant boutique resort atop a gentle slope with a stunning panoramic view of Bohol Sea and neighboring islands. Natural sandstone pathways run through native landscape, leading to the long stretch of white beach. The resort showcases local art and culture in meticulous detail - highlighting antique & traditional furniture, artifacts & handicrafts, old hardwood doors & floors, as well as an outstanding collection of sculpture & paintings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Amarela Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amarela Hotel Panglao Island
- Amarela Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island
- Amarela Hotel Bohol