From the moment we booked our trip, we were impressed with the level of service at Amarela. They were very responsive to pre-arrival email questions and requests. Upon our arrival at the seaport, pickup by Amarela staff was flawless.
We stayed at this resort looking for a quiet, secluded area with picturesque views that was small and a bit different than the typical large resorts. Amarela certainly fits this description. Amarela is small, and affords lots of opportunities to spend time with family and friends. The small number of other guests and comfortable internet equipped common area also allow you the possibility to get to know some of the other resort guests, if this is what you want. If, on the other hand you want more solitude this is possible too. Often during our visit we were the only ones at the beach or pool. The guest rooms are clean, decent size, with large well equipped bathrooms and nice antique features throughout. The TV features a wide assortment of channels; however, it wasn’t working our first night. Internet access is included and works pretty well, however, it seems limited to only the common area around the restaurant. Upon check-in we were provided with a (quite complicated) password for the WiFi in the beach area. I could never get this to work. The Wifi in the restaurant area does not require a complicated password and works pretty well.
The onsite restaurant offers a somewhat limited menu, but the choices offered are prepared well and the prices aren’t terribly expensive. That’s a good thing, since there really isn’t any other nearby place to eat. This is something to keep in mind. Unless you take day-trips to visit attractions in the local area, you will be eating all of your meals at this restaurant. I wish the resort would get in partnership with some restaurants in the nearby town to increase available dining options.
The resort staff was friendly and seemed able to answer most of our questions.
In summary – if you are looking for a quiet, peaceful, and beautiful resort with a limited number of other guests, you should checkout Amarela. If, however, you are looking for a large resort with many dining options and lots of activities to entertain the kids, Amarela might not be the best choice for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amarela is a cozy yet elegant boutique resort atop a gentle slope with a stunning panoramic view of Bohol Sea and neighboring islands. Natural sandstone pathways run through native landscape, leading to the long stretch of white beach. The resort showcases local art and culture in meticulous detail - highlighting antique & traditional furniture, artifacts & handicrafts, old hardwood doors & floors, as well as an outstanding collection of sculpture & paintings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Amarela Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amarela Hotel Panglao Island
- Amarela Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island
- Amarela Hotel Bohol