This was a "hidden gem" hotel. The staff is great, the grounds are beautiful, and the food delicious. We also took advantage of the island tour offered by the hotel and it did not disappoint. The hotel also called us a tricycle that we took to Alona beach and back.
It's a smaller hotel, and we went after the typhoon so many guests had cancelled their trips. The resort was sadly quite empty, but the staff was still very attentive and constantly keeping the grounds clean. The beach is great, there are hammocks all over, beach toys for kids, and the water is clear and sand white. It's very shallow and early morning, the low tide exposes everything. The pool was clean and just the right size. The offer a few floaters for the kids too. The restaurant food is amazing, it's organic food, grown on site, and home cooked. Only two things that I hope the hotel could consider for the future, a desk lamp so one could use the desk to work while the rest sleeps, and one wifi password instead of three or four depending where you are in the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amarela is a cozy yet elegant boutique resort atop a gentle slope with a stunning panoramic view of Bohol Sea and neighboring islands. Natural sandstone pathways run through native landscape, leading to the long stretch of white beach. The resort showcases local art and culture in meticulous detail - highlighting antique & traditional furniture, artifacts & handicrafts, old hardwood doors & floors, as well as an outstanding collection of sculpture & paintings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Amarela Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amarela Hotel Panglao Island
- Amarela Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island
- Amarela Hotel Bohol