We went to Bohol for a wedding and stayed at Amarela for 7 nights. The hotel was very clean - they cleaned our room & bathroom every day - and the staff were always friendly and helpful.
The food in the restaurant was good - better than South Palms resort where we ate once, and better than Alona beach in terms of quality, if not in range. Slightly on the expensive side but worth paying for something decent. Good breakfasts too - eggs how you like them, range of breads, and lovely fresh fruit. We borrowed snorkelling equipment on a couple of days too, which was free.
The pool is well kept and the greenery and pathways around the resort were kept spotless. It felt secure too, and they were happy to arrange cars to take you around the island - not dead cheap (350 pesos each way, seemed to be a fixed price for any distance), but safe and reliable.
The beach is fine but gets better as you walk to the right towards Alona beach. You can snorkel right in front of the hotel though.
All in all a lovely hotel with more of a Filippino feel than other resorts we saw, thanks to the lovely wood carvings decorating everywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amarela is a cozy yet elegant boutique resort atop a gentle slope with a stunning panoramic view of Bohol Sea and neighboring islands. Natural sandstone pathways run through native landscape, leading to the long stretch of white beach. The resort showcases local art and culture in meticulous detail - highlighting antique & traditional furniture, artifacts & handicrafts, old hardwood doors & floors, as well as an outstanding collection of sculpture & paintings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amarela Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amarela Hotel Panglao Island
- Amarela Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island
- Amarela Hotel Bohol