“simply Beautiful”

Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Panglao Island
Copenhagen, Denmark
“simply Beautiful”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Amarela, Amarela how beautiful this place was, not only to the eye but also staying there as guests. We stayed 5 nights with our 15 month old daughter and the place truly made us feel at home! The staff were so helpful and friendly, especially coming with a toddler they truly made our stay easy and a wonderful pleasure. I can't recommend this hotel enough and do not regret booking this hotel for out little family.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Karen1704

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
La Mirada
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed in Amarela during our 3 days, 2 nights visit to Bohol. Staff was very warm, friendly and helpful. The place was very personal.It really was a home away from home. My kids loved the swimming pool and my hubby and I loved our short walks to the beach area. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Meals in the resort was simple. I wish there were more choices from the menu. I love the fact that our tour package was handled by the staff and all we did was show up in the lobby. Also, didn't have to worry about transportation from the pier to the resort and back. Everything went smoothly.I would recommend the resort to anyone who wants to have a calm relaxing environment after a long day exploring the wonderful island of BOHOL.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank rnsmpq
Jackson, NJ
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We had a great experience at Amerala. My family went in May of 2009 as one of our hotel stops via high speed island to island Ferry in the Philippines. The other stop was at the Shagri-La in Cebu which deserves another review. This place is smaller than the usual high rise hotel but what it lacks in size it makes up in the warm, homey, and very lush paradise like surrounding. It's positioned on a hillside and the views of the sunset and surrounding tropical island is truly a sight for sore eyes, especially if you're coming from a bug city like Manila, let alone from where me and my wife work..New York City! The walk down to the beach is pleasantly personal as you have your own trail that leads from your room. The beach itself is nothing spectacular, the warm waters is a given but the rocky bottom and water clarity was not too inviting. We enjoyed the freshly prepared food and local fresh fruits and as ususal you get more bang for your buck if youre coming from abroad. The rooms were sufficient and had a native in look and feel which is okay if you like that kind of thing, but I thought for a vacation rest and relaxation, the bedding needs to be a little bit more comfier for a better night's sleep, but that's just me. Amarela has a lot of character and is miles away from the typical resort. Also, for the art lover, a hidden surprise awaits you on the top floor as an Art Gallery with Spanish colonization era artwork and statues are there for your personal viewing. A short boatride to Balikasag for snorkeling is a must for an underwater eyecandy. Also, the resort is always a short trek away from the many natural wonders that Bohol, Philippines has to offer like the Chocolate hills and the amazingly small marsupial known as Tarsiers. Enjoy.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pr0fessi0nalBeachBum
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The service here is excellent, which is evident from the get-go when using their free transportation to and from the resort. Me and my wife spent 4n/5d here as part of their weekday getaway package, which was great value.

Room Tip: We had room 303 on the upper floor, has a nice balcony with gorgeous views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jose Antonio U
Fairfax Station, Virginia
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The Amarela property is beautifully landscaped with lush, flowering, tropical vegetation and so relaxing to walk around. It is situated on top of the hill overlooking a nice beach and warm sea. I generally prefer bigger, international properties, such as the Shangri-La, but the Amarela Resort really won me over. The owner obviously really cares for the property, and my room (a deluxe queen) was charming and clean. The bathroom had a bathtub and shower. There were complimentary local candies in the room.

The main building is great with many public areas to relax and a terrific library with many books about the Philippines. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The Western food on the menu was not very good, so I stuck with Filipino (much better).

I found the tours to be reasonably priced. The driver, Johnard, they arranged for me for the seven hour Bohol tour was terrific. Definitely try to get him. You can easily tailor the tour, and I visited a lot of historic churches.

The biggest negative was the smoke from all the fires that residents and smaller resorts burn. With the monsoon, the smoke blows right up to the Amarela property on the hill. Overall, the Amarela was a very pleasant place to spend three days.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank jmcneill817
Reviewed 9 July 2014

this resort was incredible, very well maintained, quaint, quit and perfect for me and my mate to relax and have some US time.. the rooms are spaciest, for the cost, modern and very comfortable, the staff will do anything for you to make you feel at home, the food was excellent, my wife told me after our first 2 hours there that we were coming back. very nice pool, beautiful beach.. . if i had anything that could of been better the access into the ocean could had been a little more swimmer friendly, but it is more diver and or snorkel friendly.. just an incredible place, next time we will actually leave the resort to see more of the sites, we had just wanted to relax the week we were there.

Room Tip: rooms on the 3rd floor are easier to access.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Shawn M
Enges, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Our stay in Amarela was simply PLEASANT! And this is not always easy to be said in Philippines. Here everything simply works! Your shower works, your room is cleal, your food is good, your taxi comes in time, your aircon is not noisy, your swimming pool is clean, the staff are incredibly nice, the views are pretty, tv works, dvd player works, diving center staff are very responsible, .... Simply PLEASANT!

Stayed June 2014