We had a lovely stay at the Amarela Resort for my birthday. The place suited our taste for a quiet and relaxing vacation. Amarela can be distinguished with it's local art designs and wood carvings. Every part of the resort was beautifully crafted and designed - from the doors to the comfort rooms to the pathways.
1. The staff were so friendly and courteous. There were times that language and intonation became a nuisance, but their smiles made a bridge to it. Special thanks to Bryan & Jake (restaurant) and Analou (reception).
2. The tours provided by the hotel were extremely personal. We had one (1) van and tourist guide/ driver to ourselves which made us feel like kings and queens (even for a day). Do TRY the dolphin watching and balicasag snorkeling!
3. Since the hotel caters to a few guests, our stay never felt like one of those crowded vacations. We also felt the exclusivity when we were having our massage at the beach - there were visitors who wanted to ask for the rates and see the hotel, the security guard handed them brochures and advised them that they may do so but they would need to enter the front gate because they might disturb the hotel guests.
1. The room we occupied had a view of the sea, pool and garden. There was ample lighting from inside and outside. The rooms were also very clean - spotless even. The room also provided a balcony to sit and lounge in and, moreover a clothesline to hang our wet clothes (how thoughtful and convenient).
2. The bathroom was big enough to accommodate us both. More importantly, the toilet had a bidet (which is very important to me).
NOT SO MUCH:
1. You only had one (1) choice of restaurant, which was the hotel's restaurant. The food was good, but it came at a steep price.
2. I wish the bath tub was a bit bigger.
3. Housekeeping only provided one (1) soap for two (2) guests.
An alternative to the expensive hotel restaurant can be found in Dumaluan beach. We found the DBR grill and Dumuluan Beach Resort Restauarant. It's about a 15-20minute walk from the beach of Amarela.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amarela is a cozy yet elegant boutique resort atop a gentle slope with a stunning panoramic view of Bohol Sea and neighboring islands. Natural sandstone pathways run through native landscape, leading to the long stretch of white beach. The resort showcases local art and culture in meticulous detail - highlighting antique & traditional furniture, artifacts & handicrafts, old hardwood doors & floors, as well as an outstanding collection of sculpture & paintings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amarela Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amarela Hotel Panglao Island
- Amarela Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island
- Amarela Hotel Bohol