Best Western Executive Hotel
  • Free Internet
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanbest westernsbroad streetrecommend this hotel to anyonewafflesrichmond areaembassy suitesthe general managernight staygreat place to staydefinitely stay here againvery nice hotelinterstateconveniencehousekeeper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2013

With so many hotels out there, I would avoid this one. It is not the worse, but it could be so much better. These hotels must understand that when you stay in an unfamilar public place, it is very important for them to make sure that you are comfortable. The hotel was a little skeevy. Although not the worse, I think I'd look for somewhere else to stay next time. We only stayed overnight on our way to South Carolina. If I had to stay more than that I would have changed hotels. We had a King bed and next to the night table was a large "empty" space that probably had a sofa there at one time, but instead there was a single armless chair. It looked ridiculous. Also, the bathroom was small and there was not sink inside. Instead the sink was in the foyer. I have been to hotels where they had both a sink in the foyer and the bathroom, which can be helpful, but never just one sink in the foyer. Of course my husband was awakened because I was brushing my teeth in the open area. No privacy. He said, please remember not to book this place ever again. I was so discussed by room that I would never have even considered eating the free breakfast.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Had a problem with my toilet and maintenance came and fixed the problem. The maintenance man told us if we have a problem after 10:00pm, he will leave the plunger behind the coke machine and we will have to fix it ourselves.
We were in room 329, above the smoking floor. Our room reaked of cigarette smoke and the bedding smelled horribly like cigarette smoke.
We had to pull our shirts over our noses in the elevator, it reaked so badly of cigarette smoke.
This was not work the $81.59/day we spent for the room.
We came to Richmond for my son's graduation from college.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have spent one night in the Best Western Hotel in Richmond, during a Business trip. It was a cols and snowy evening, after a long flight and a delay flight from New York. I found a warm and clean room, and the front desk lady made everything to make it fast, with a big smile. Th room was big enough, with all the necessary amneties: Microwave, Refrigerator, etc. Nothing was missing. In the morning the complimentary Breakfast was perfect, and included more than you can eat. It was clean and you can welcoming area. The location is great, just off the highway, on Broad St, but i had to make a U turn twice, as i missed the entrance from Broad St. It is jus not marked good enough, definitely during a dark snowy evening. The price was exellent, definitely if you compare it to the Hotel on the back, from Hilton chain. I would definitely come back again, and reccomend this hotel to everyone who trave to Richmond area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank YoramHarosh
Reviewed 19 April 2013

This was a nice clean hotel for the price. Front desk, Shawna, was exceptional. She was very welcoming and pleasant. I was tired from driving too long and came across rather gruff. I apologized and told her I was just tired. She remained so pleasant and caring. Made this ok hotel so much better. Room was very clean, bed, windows, furniture and bathroom. Shawna was also very helpful in helping me find food late at night. Only real down side (and this is at other Best Western) the pillows are those little, almost square hard pillows (3 to a bed) not the best for sleeping, but the room provided a quiet environment (on 4th floor/top) and a good night's sleep. The bathroom is quite small and I got in to tub from the end opposite the plumbing and hit my head rather hard on the metal towel holder, this was due to close quarters. The only other downfall is that it is hard to find where to enter at night. The highway out front of the hotel is a divided highway and you have to drive a small way and then either make a u-turn to try and get back or just turn down some of the streets to find the entrance. (the entrance is off a side street).

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank travel4CEU
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed here one night a few months ago, due to the positive reviews on Trip Advisor, and the price - about $88. We were disappointed; did not get a queen size bed per our reservation; the lobby was being cleaned (wet floor) as we checked in. Hard to find off main road; view from room was parking lot of a quick food restaurant. The bathroom was divided into a lavatory/shower tiny room, while the sink was in the hallway. Next time we'll go for $100-$115 - you get what you pay for.
Very surprised by the high review ratings.

Room Tip: Go with a Hampton Inn - used it for return trip and it was great.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends