“Good pub food”

Add it.
The Plough
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We came here for the first time in years and had a really nice meal. I had the 16oz gammon steak and thoroughly it. I agree with previous reviews, it is cheap and cheerful, good pub grub. Some of the locals hanging around are a bit on the rough side but the food was good and would definitely recommend.

There are newer reviews for The Plough

Reviewed 14 April 2014

After an excellent walk in Hartshill Country Park my wife and I found ourselves at the The Plough in Mancetter for lunch.

It is a nice pub but definitely not a 'gastro-pub' or haute cuisine. This is a pub that sells on good plain food which is very good value. It was very busy which speaks well for what it does. It has three real ales on tap and a limited wine list.

It was difficult to spend money. My wife and I both enjoyed gammon, egg, tomato, peas and chips - two meals for £8 and an adequate bottle of merlot for £12 followed by two coffees. Total price £23.50. No complaints from us.

It was all done well and the service was quick and pleasant. We noticed a number of children in the pub and they were all apparently enjoying themselves. Out of babes mouths etc but they can be a restaurants fiercest critic so well done the Plough.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

The Plough has now become my local pub for eating out, I visit at least once a week as the food is such good quality and value for money. Excellent

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Was staying at a friends when he took us here, the food was amazing, steak was cooked perfectly, massive portion sizes, friendly bar staff and nice atmosphere. The food is generally £5-£10 per meal. Fantastic place, will definitely be visiting again :-)

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Having passed this pub hundreds of times and seeing it open and closed several times,we finally took the plunge,we had been when it was under another management and was disappointed due to the lack of room in which was the lounge come dinning area and poor menu.
The new management have literally turned it around turning the bar into the dinning area which is much better,the lounge is now the bar if you fancy a quite drink without the bother of people eating,there was a good choice the traditional beer was very good, the menu was simple yet good,it was nice to have food items served separately and not crowded all on the plate which is sometimes of putting,food was on the table within 15 min's and was of good quality,i would have preferred to have had my 16 oz steak as a single steak not 2, 8 oz steaks but all in all the steaks and sides were cooked to our liking.
The only negative was we know its early days for the new management but we found the decor was a bit dated,but i'm sure it will be sorted in time.
We will be going again in the near future.
Keep up the good work.:-)