The Old Mill
Ranked #1 of 3 Baginton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 February 2014

just returned from a nights stay, very friendly staff, lovely clean room, great view of the river, thoroughly enjoyed meal in restaurant, waitress very pleasant, brekky very tasty and freshly cooked.My hubby and myself stay in many hotels, we would def return. Only downfall mattress very hard, uncomfortable, maybe a topper would help. MR, MRS, FRANK

Room Tip: We had room 11, perfect view, great
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 750peterf
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Old Mill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear 750peterf

Thank you for providing us with your review.

I can confirm that I have passed on your kind comments to the management team and to the Area Manager of the Old Mill who would like to thank you for your positive feedback.

We hope to see you soon at the Old Mill.

Kind regards,

Chef & Brewer

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Decided to take my wife for a belated Valentines treat. As regular visitors we were not disappointed and had an excellent beef roast dinner (with giant pigs in blankets as an extra at only 79p who can resist) followed by delicious syrup sponge with roast walnuts & custard. We were in a very cosy and picturesque corner surrounded by old oak beams; very quaint and characterful. The river is in flood and quite a sight to behold. Planning to drop in on the Beer Festival which starts tomorrow - it looks great!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I have left reviewing this place a couple of weeks because I did not want to be over critical and not remain objective. Anyway here goes. We booked a lunch time table as we had a couple of people over from Europe for the day and this was a work thing, on arriving we where greeted by all the staff that came into contact with us which was a real positive and I remember thinking at the time, great reception ! well from that point onwards it just went downhill. Now not to say that all the interaction with the staff changed at all it was just that it seemed to be that the staff where just not up to delivering the service that was required, from having to call someone over to take a drinks order to then having to follow that order up and see what was taking so long, to the water glasses not being removed from the table which just cluttered the table up, to having the food orders seemingly take just too long to get to our table and unfortunately our guests having to wait for their meal whilst everyone else had received theirs (now that was embarrassing) to having to ask for the desert menu it just felt like our group was just not being valued as paying customers. Now I do recognise that this was a lunchtime meal and the place did look busy but you know what...I don't see why as a paying customer I should have to make allowances for this. The food itself was presented really well and overall everyone seemed to enjoy the food once they received it. Given everything I will not be taking anyone else here and will choose another place to entertain my guests.

Room Tip: To save time oreder at the bar and carry your drinks to the table.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Old Mill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear onetrubrit

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Old Mill in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Chef & Brewer

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Took the wife out on Thursday, did not book, helpful chap got us in (as it was full) and we had a G&T by the bar for 10mins then to our surprise he came and got us a lovely table for 2.

We had a sharing platter and then 2 mains, food was v good and staff very attentive

Bill was reasonable and overall a very enjoyable experience, we will return!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is a no frills hotel, that is on par with a travelodge. The walls are paper thin (I had possibly the loudest family in the room next door... The woman would wear her Onesie in the restaurant.. and to be honest, that lady shouldn't be wearing a Onesie whilst eating... or ever, but i was hoping the staff would have told her that that is not appropriate attire for a restaurant... but they just rolled their eyes and apologised to all the other diners who looked in amazement that a morbidly obese woman dressed as a teddy bear is eating dinner in her PJ's)
Whenever a person in room close to mine ran their bath, it would sound like it was coming from my bathroom... which isn't a nice wakeup call at 06:00. I had to tuck the quilt underneath me so that i could feel the springs on the mattress as much. the TV isn't much bigger than an Iphone screen (Slight Exaggeration) But on the plus side... the Food is very good, there's a good selection of drink at the bar, the staff are very friendly, and the setting of the pub is quite picturesque.... (Quite!))
Would i stay here again... probably not, but if i did, i' would make sure i'd test the mattress before i accepted the room!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Went with a group of friends on a Saturday Night and had an enjoyable time.
Service was attentive and friendly although not very rapid, and the food was pleasant.
A few minor bugbears slightly detracted from the night and stopped the evening being rated as excellent.
We were a party of 12 but the T shape arrangement of the table meant those people sitting on the end of the T couldn't converse easily with others on the table.
While the food service was slow, the staff were very keen to keep topping up the drinks and increasing the drinks spend.
One of our Party had a King Prawn topper with their Steak but there was no handwipe provided to deal with fishy fingers after the Prawns had been peeled.
I was looking forward to the 'Three Times Cooked' Chips but was dissapointed when these came as a 'Once Fried Frozen' Product.
The overall ambience,food and service was however good but the little touches let them down.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The Old Mill Good Night Inns, is a nice charming hotel, but it must be most enjoyable during the spring. It is not for the purpose I used it: Business,

Maybe if you go on vacation it would be better. People are nice restaurant is great.
Breakfast is english, which means Bad!, I'll never understand British breakfasts

Room Tip: Choose a room towards the small river. The view is nicer and quieter
1  Thank ruiamador
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baginton
Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire
#2 of 3 in Baginton
The Dakota
The Dakota
#3 of 3 in Baginton

Been to The Old Mill? Share your experiences!