“The best wedding”

Glenskirlie House and Castle
Ranked #1 of 1 Banknock B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We booked the castle for our daughters wedding. The staff take everything in their stride and things went very smoothly. All the guests had a great time and the event was a wonderful success.
They are very relaxed on the lead up to the wedding, but they have done it hundreds of times before and know their business.
Well done Glenskirlie!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank cornwall5

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We were married in the house in June 2011. The staff were so helpful and went above and beyond to make our guests welcome and ensure they were comfortable.
One staff member even went to purchase a bottle of Pernol for my uncle because the bar didn't stock it.
The Gold Honeymoon suite was everything we hoped it would be! The Jacuzzi bath was filled and a bottle of Champagne on ice for our return to the room after the wedding reception was such a lovely gesture from the most curious staff.
The following morning my husband and I had breakfast in our room with the rest of our wedding party that stayed the night.
No expense was spared when they build and decorated the house and castle. Family run business and it is reflected in the quality and service you will receive here.
I look forward to another stay very soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrsSmith2011
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We have just held our wedding in the castle and what a fabulous venue it was. Beautiful inside and out, especially the room with the stained glass wall where we took our vows . The staff were excellent and provided first class service throughout our delicious meal. The room we stayed in was extremely comfortable with lovely welcoming touches. We couldn't have asked for anything more. We had a fantastic day - many thanks Glenskirlie.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Lunch for a large group of family and friends in the Restuarant was carefully arranged by the staff and the food, wine and service was good and friendly. There have only been positive reports from those there who all enjoyed themselves. Thank you, Glenskirlie Restuarant.

David

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Having been a fairly regular customer of this establishment over a number of years, our daughter's wedding was held there, we visited Glenskirlie for lunch with friends on 2 October 2013. What a disappointment. The menu was basic and overpriced for what was on offer and the food was unimaginative and no more than you would expect from your average pub. Staff serving drinks knew little or nothing about the wine list. As for the brown paper tablecovers which got splattered with wine as they were pouring it, whoever thought this up really needs to think again.
I would not recommend a visit to this establishment despite the fact it has so many happy memories.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank campbell3647
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We attended a family wedding here and it was a wonderful day from beginning to end. The food and service was first class and the surroundings magical. It was a perfect place for the Bride and Groom to choose for their special day.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Glenskirlie Castle is the absolutely perfect wedding venue. I got married @ Glenskirie castle on the 18th August 2013 and it was the day I had always dreamed of. I fell in love with the castle from the first moment I saw it from its beautiful stain glass window, landscaped gardens and fabulous wedding meal options and the individually designed rooms. It is an absolutely superb venue with superb staff to match. I had the 2 Julies on my wedding day and they really could not do enough for you. I would recommend this venue and will defo be returning. The service was great from my first meeting right up to the day itself. The staff are very experienced and are very helpful in making sure you get what you need to make sure your special day is a great success. I have to of course mention the stunning honeymoon suites which are truely out of this world I wish I could stay here evey day. A really must see venue.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suites are out of this world.