“wedding venue”

Glenskirlie House and Castle
Ranked #1 of 1 Banknock B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My daughter and son in law held their wedding and reception at the Glenskirlie. Amazing, fantastic, superb. Can't find enough words to describe it. It was a perfect day. Staff are wonderful. Food was plentiful and delicious. Rooms were beautiful and clean. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious. Every guest was made to feel special. Lots of attention to detail. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Thoroughly recommend it as a wedding venue.

Room Tip: all the rooms we stayed in and saw were excellent
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Me and my partner went to this place as a treat for my birthday. As you enter the car park it looks nice and the grounds look well kept,as for the castle name of it it should be looked on as the idea is in your mind.
The room we was given was perfect in every way beautifully furnished bed so comfy and romantic ..room 104 was our room..
This room did not have any view to look out onto and if you had the window open you had to listen to the compressor going on the chilling unit under the window ..but it was not really a issue.
We had the meal in the resturaunt the food was off the highest of quality and got 10/10 from me . The staff were very friendly and ever so help full ..would I go back again ..yes I would but would ask for a different room if I wanted to be really fussy

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

What a great venue and what a perfect day we had. 100% value. Great food, great service, great rooms.

Would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married. From the master of ceremonies to the BBQ at night everyone commented on how good out wedding was.

Not cheap but again well worth every penny.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed at Glenskirlie in June, and would return without hesitation. It was a lovely anniversary present and we were delighted with every element of our stay. We got the Bourbon Queen room and it was gorgeous, tiny LED lights in the canopy of our bed that changed colour were a particularly pretty touch. Everything was immaculate and I loved the little details, like China cups and saucers, Molton Brown toiletries and the beautiful lamps and cushions.

The staff in the hotel were really helpful and very friendly, we ate in the grill restaurant where I had the fillet steak and my husband had the fish, both meals were great and not too expensive at all. The staff there too were lovely and chatted and joked away with everyone. Breakfast the next morning was perfect too, our waitress was really friendly, sorry I cant remember her name, but if you meet her you will know as she was so nice! Fruit, yoghurt, muesli on offer and then you can order whatever you like , my husband had the full breakfast and really enjoyed it and I had poached egg and mushrooms on toast which was tasty too. Plenty of fresh juice and coffee on offer.

There was a wedding on when we were staying and although we could hear the music, it didnt really bother us too much, although if we had wanted to sleep earlier then it might have.

Glenskirlie even comes with its own dog, Skirlie, who was very friendly and greeted us in the morning on our way to breakfast. Parking was easy and free.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Bourbon Queen, and if a wedding is on I would recommend a room on the other side of...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here because my friend's were getting married. After the bride-to-be had 'discussions' over Groupons offering prices cheaper than her guests had been given, rates were reduced. My room, Cherry Blossom I think, was beautiful! Very well presented, clean and inviting. My bed was big and comfy, the shower, excellent. Didn't spend too much time in the room unfortunately due to a 2pm check-in, a 230pm wedding, a 3am finish and a 10am(!!) check-out. The meal during the wedding was lovely, although the starter of chicken and haggis terrine was a little heavy for a starter. Breakfast looked lovely but after the days festivities, I stuck to toast and coffee.

I enjoyed my stay but found the 10am check-out a little much. Never had as early a check-out anywhere else. Given practically all the guests in Glenskirlie that night attended the Wedding, a little more time would've been a nice gesture.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Held our daughter's wedding here on 29th March 2014 and had the most fantastic time. The setting was wonderful, the food "out of this world" and the service and attention to detail second to none. I just wish we could do it all over again. Thank you to all involved. Everyone has raved about the venue and food and we can't wait to come back. Thank you to all concerned. Stayed in a mini suite which was 5/5. The lighting in the floor in the bathroom was very chique and the bed was very comfortable. There was even under floor heating which meant when you stepped out of your bed your feet were lovely and warm - BLISS. Can't praise this hotel enough and the kind and friendly staff.
Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 57ElaineR66
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We received an overnight stay as part of a wedding gift. From the off can I say that I have stayed in 5 star hotels before and this is way up there with them. The setting is ideal. The weather (remember we are in Scotland) was perfect. Food in the Grill was first class. We even sat outside in the afternoon for a drink before dinner. I have nothing but plaudits for the staff. Nothing is too much for them because most things are taken care of before you arrive. No fluster or urgency...not needed. As for anyone who has written negative comments, I hope you complained to staff when you were there and not just waited and laundered your dirty washing here. If the staff didn't help,fix or solve your problems I would have been shocked. The staff were nothing short of professional and attentive. Anyway, breakfast was great as well. The room was first class and we had our bed turned down, we were there when the lady did it. We received our bottles of water and relaxing lotions.... So all in all we give this stay a heart 5 out of 5. Superb.

Room Tip: Every room is different. Just enjoy the experience.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jashcampbell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banknock
The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel
Broomhall Castle
Broomhall Castle
#1 of 1 in Menstrie
Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro

Been to Glenskirlie House and Castle? Share your experiences!