“Excellent day for the kids”

Folly Farm Adventure Park and Zoo
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Begelly
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: If you are looking for a fun and educational family day out in Wales then there is nowhere better than Folly Farm Adventure Park and Zoo! With a zoo, farm, funfair and many adventure play areas you'll leave understanding why it has twice been voted 'Best Family Day Out in Pembrokeshire and Wales'.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent day for the kids”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

This place has grown a great deal since my last visit and it is a fantastic day for the kids, not overcrowded and no long waiting time to get kids on all the attractions,. Highly recommend.

Visited August 2014
FollyFarm, Marketing Officer at Folly Farm Adventure Park and Zoo, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
I'm so pleased that you were impressed with how much we've developed over the years and that you enjoyed your day with us. Thank you for posting and for recommending us to other travellers.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Weymouth, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“fantastic”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Loved Folly farm , very good value for money, large indoor play area and vintage fair if it's raining.Great attention to detail in the farmyard barn areas, fun and educational.Lots of play areas for different ages, no age us overlooked here, something for everyone .Lots of animals to see, penguin area is spotless, water crystal clear.The whole park is very well looked after and clean.We will be back next time we are in the area, can't wait to see the lions, it was being prepared for themwhen we wwere last there.

Visited March 2014
Thank you for your review - I'm so glad that you thought we were great value and that you enjoyed the educational aspect of many of our attractions, in particular in the Jolly Barn where we have a Hen Hatchery as well as our Discovery Farmyard exhibits. I'm glad to hear you and your family had such a fun day and you found there to be plenty to do for all ages.
Please note that our Pride of Pembrokeshire enclosure opened last month and our pride of 6 lions have settled in really well. We hope you are able to come and see them very soon.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great day out”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Really good price for a family day out, you also get an offer to return the following day half price when you buy a family ticket. There are lots of activities for a range of ages, also crucially lots of things to do indoors if the weather turns. The food is standard "soft play" type food but there are lots of places to sit for a picnic. Lots of safe play areas to let the kids run wild and everything is well maintained. The Cwutch corner is a favourite with my 2 and there were more animals there this year who all look very well treated. This was our second visit to Folly Farm and if we're ever holidaying in the area again we'll return.

Visited August 2014
Thank you for your review - I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your day with us and I'm glad to hear Cwtch Corner was your particular favourite, allowing you and your daughter to get up close to some of your favourite fluffy friends - I'm so glad that you were pleased with all of the animals and their enclosures.
Just for other travellers to note - our Boomerang ticket allows you to have a return visit to the park within 7 days at haf price. All you need to do is keep your receipt and see a member of staff to get your ticket validated before you leave the park during your first visit.
I'm glad you found this helpful!
Hope you can visit again soon.

Hereford, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Timeless fun”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Second reviewed visit to folly farm,the place just gets better. Booked online and had e tickets which ensured a fast entry as queues were long even before opening . Straight in for us no problem.
The park has been expanded but this hasn't ruined it at all, the new lions enclosure was fabulous and we got to see them oath outside and inside through the window literally only a pane of glass separating us from the cubs it was magical.
Toilets were plentiful and very clean as was the rest of the site lots of staff cleaning and being fantastic with guests.
We bought twenty pounds worth of tokens which done us a family of five all day , probable only needed ten pounds worth the rides work out at about a pound each far cheaper than most places and hook a duck worked out a pound a go with some fab prizes.
Food was reasonably priced and wasn't too bad although I wouldn't have a burger again as it was a bit cardboardy!!! Doughnuts were delicious.
We didn't get to see or do everything we wanted but we had done that the visit before so it wasn't to badly missed although longer opening times in peak season would be better but we appreciate it is a long day for staff already .
The play areas are amazing and if you are on a budget if you take a picnic after entrance you need not spend another penny , the only extras are the funfair,food and shop. We visited the shop at around 3.30 before the mad rush on the way out at 5.30 it was quieter and more easier to set a budget without feeling stressed and rushed .
We will visit again staff are fab and place is very clean , well worth the money .

Visited August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your second visit to the park and that you were impressed with all of our new developments since your last visit, in particular the new lion enclosure. The lions are truly amazing animals and the viewing windows offer a great view, so I'm glad you found this to be a great feature to the enclosure.
We pride ourselves on having high standards of cleanliness so I'm pleased you have commented on how our toilet facilities were clean and plentiful, with the staff carying out these duties also being friendly.
I'm also pleased that you thought the food and the Funfair were great value.
We do offer a Boomerang ticket which enables guests to return to the park within 7 days at half price - this is great for guests who were unable to see everything during their first visit.
Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Marketing & Education Officer
“Family day for all ages”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

While on holiday with my children (5 & 10),my mum and nan (81) we decided to visit. We booked our tickets online saving around £2 per ticket. I really liked that they automatically gave you a wrist band for the kids to wear in case they got lost. I personally found the park to be very clean and tidy with plenty of bins. There was plenty for the kids to do to keep them entertained that you didn't have to pay for. There were also plenty of places to sit. You had to pay 50p per token for the fairground. We only sent £5 (the saving from the entrance fee) and found this was plenty. The giant indoor play area was also a hit (even with me). There were far more animals than some other zoos I have visited with plenty more to do. The monkeys were hilarious chasing each other around. Getting up close with the giraffes was a real treat. I think this was good value for money and a great day out for any age. You don't have to spend more money if you don't want too. Oh a lot of it is undercover too so great for a rainy day. Thanks Folly Farm.

Visited August 2014
Thank you somuch for your lovely review - I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your day with us and that you were impressed with everything from the free wristbands at the entrance for the children, to the animals and Vintage Funfair. I'm glad you found it to be great value and thank you for your comment about there being lots to do undercover allowing guests to enjoy their day regardless of weather!

We hope you can come and see us again soon.