“Zoo experience ”

Folly Farm
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Begelly
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: If you are looking for a fun and educational family day out in Wales then there is nowhere better than Folly Farm! With a zoo, farm, fairground and indoor and outdoor adventure play you'll leave understanding why it has twice been voted 'Best Family Day Out in Pembrokeshire and Wales'.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Perfect. I booked a giraffe experience and it was amazing. So glad I did it. Recommended. Informative and the giraffes were incredible. Cant wait for tbe next experience. We must protect all these animals.

FollyFarm, PR Officer at Folly Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Wow - that's fantastic to hear you enjoyed one of our giraffe zoo experiences. They are amazing and I'm pleased to hear you thoroughly enjoyed and felt the keepers were informative and friendly.
We're committed to conservation - so it's wonderfully rewarding to hear when a guest has learned something during their time with us.
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We hope to see you again soon.

PR Officer

Write a ReviewReviews (4,269)
All reviews
in 125 reviews
"vintage fair"
in 109 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Hadn’t been here for years and was so impressed with the expansion of the place. Lovely barn with farm animals great knowledge and learning for kids also good fun love the indoor fair so well kept and really reasonable price for rides most were 1 or two tokens so 50p or a £1 my 18 month old niece loved it great big zoo loved the new addition of the penguins wonderful day had by all great value for money

Thank you so much for your review, I'm pleased you enjoyed your day after not visiting for so long and that you enjoyed all of our developments.
It's great to hear you enjoyed the animals, including our penguins, and that you felt the rides were such great value for money.
We hope you're able to visit again very soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Quite a big queue with only one staff member.Due to this we didn't get a complete ride,having to stop every 3cars to let people on or off the ride.Why not wait till ride is full before starting

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
FollyFarm, PR Officer at Folly Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor – although I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with the wait at our Big Wheel ride. During busier periods there are naturally longer wait times when queuing for our rides due to their being more guests on park. However – our staff do their best to keep queues moving as quickly as possible whilst always ensuring the health and safety of our guests.
This ride is designed to be slow paced and peaceful – and as I’m sure you can appreciate it does take time to fill the ride as guests need to be let into secure carriages that each have their own locked door. This may help explain why you had to stop frequently to allow other guests to get on and off the ride. You should get two full turns around the Big Wheel before disembarking. I will of course pass your feedback onto our Operations Managers for review. We appreciate all feedback – positive and negative – so we can continually review things and make changes where necessary.
Assuring you of our best intentions at all times.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We took the grandchildren on a coach trip to folly farm, they loved every minute ,the hands on with the animals the road train around the farm We took a picnic and the picnic areas were spotless. The fairground rides were very reasonable most were 1 token each which was 50p They loved the array of animals. and being able to touch the farm animals. Toilet facilities were really good and clean. All in all a very good day out brilliant for the children and happy children relaxed adults.

What lovely feedback - thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. I'm delighted you enjoyed your day and were impressed with the array of animals and attractions available. I'm pleased you felt the fair rides were great value and that our facilities were clean.
It's rewarding to know the adults enjoyed their day as much as the children. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I visited with my 3yr old grandson, we paid £29 for the 2vof us bit it was worth every penny! We had a fantastic day out! If particularly like to point out the cafe staff working in the outside cabins, every one I went to asked me where I'd come from, if I was enjoying my day and what we had planned next. I'm not sure if they are told to ask that but it seemed totally natural. It added to the whole experience. I'll definitely be back again.

1  Thank walkingstick4

I'm so delighted to hear you were impressed with our friendly staff and that their approachable manner helped to make your experience even more enjoyable. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our HR team.
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Great to hear you feel we're great value for money considering how much there is to see and do on a day out with us. We hope to see you again soon.