The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa
Dalesway Hotel(Ilkley)(Great Value!)
US$91
  • Restaurant
The Devonshire Fell Hotel(Burnsall)
US$310
Black Horse Hotel(Grassington)
US$154
  • Breakfast included
1,501 results
All reviewsburlington restaurantdevonshire armstasting menuafternoon teaattention to detailthe rivercocktail loungeacross the roadfour poster bedbiscuitscar parkmichelin starone night staywhole experiencecountry house hotelwedding anniversarymain restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2012

This was a weekend trip to celebrate out tenth anniversary. I booked the room on Laterooms and it was in the new wing, with exceptional views over the lawns, cricket pitch and on to the hills in the distance. The first evening we dined in the Brasserie which was competitively priced and the food was very good. The second evening we dined in the restaurant which was completely exceptional. We had the tasting menu and it was flabbergastingly good and served extremely professionally by the very attentive staff. I can honestly say that I could find no fault whatsoever during our stay and I would not hesitate to recommend the Devonshire Arms unreservedly.

Room Tip: see review
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Jut returned from a 2 night stay, staff went out of their way to help, everyone was so friendly and welcoming, nothing was too much trouble.

our room was immaculate, in both decor and cleanliness. i cant fault the hotel at all!

breakfast was delicious, with fresh juices and a large selection of cooked breakfasts or cereals and croissants.

on the first night we ate at the brasserie which was lovely and very affordable, we ventured into skipton on the second night to an indian.

I also visited the spa for a full spa package which was heaven,

i would definitely recommend staying at this hotel, the only downside is we couldnt stay longer!

Reviewed 27 May 2012

My boyfriend and I went to the Devonshire Arms as it was part of the pride of britain group - working in hotels we wanted to go somewhere equally as nice. We arrived and were welcomed by the concierge who offered to help with any of our belongings, we were then shown around the hotel and shown to our room where we were asked to fill in the registration card - this was something that I particluarly found a nice idea as it means on a busy check in the reception area is not clogged up with lots of people. The room was lovely, much bigger than expected and the bed was unbelievably comfy we didn't want to get up from it. Soon after we went across to the spa and both had treatments which were fantastic, I had a back massage which was very relaxing and then a pedicure but it was lovely to have a chat with the therapist rather than just silence. We went back and relaxed in the room for a little while before heading to the Brasserie Restaurant for dinner. The food was amazing, the chicken and pesto salad was superb! We then went through to the lounges and had cocktails which were a little pricey but what I expected of a hotel of this calibre. The following morning we were slightly late down for breakfast but the restaurant staff were very polite about it and still accommodating. After breakfast we headed across to the spa and used the swimming pool, sauna & steam room, considering the spa is not the largest of places it didn't feel crowded at all, and it was nice that if you were a hotel guest then you get your own changing room which you also use as your locker - we thought was a lovely idea. We headed out for the day into leeds (which is about half an hour away). We arrived back at the hotel in the late afternoon and even though we were planning on heading away from the hotel for dinner that evening we deceided that we had to eat in the Brasserie again - we both had the chicken and pesto salad. Overall it was well worth the money that we paid for it, I would definately recommend friends and family and will return!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Just returned from an overnight at the Devonshire. It was wonderful. We had managed to grab a special room rate which was excellent.
I can't congratulate the staff enough for their help. What fantastic rooms too.
Can't wait for another opportunity to visit.
If you want a culinary treat, try the taster menu at the Burlington.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

My partner and I stayed here and couldn't find a thing wrong with it! The service was impeccable, the room comfortable and clean and the dinner in the Burlington was lovely. I honestly haven't a bad thing to say!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple